Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #61
FancyNancy
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Grumpy View Post
It is September!!!!! One year from today I will be going to WDW

Can't wait until tomorrow when my ticker drops that "1 Year" part.
That is always a wonderful feeling! It just seems more real when you are under a year! I can't wait for mine to get there too

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #62
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Grumpy
It is September!!!!! One year from today I will be going to WDW

Can't wait until tomorrow when my ticker drops that "1 Year" part.
Hooray!!!!
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #63
sahmoffour
Mouseketeer

Can you take me off the list?? We decided next September is too long to wait! We were planning on going to disney every 2 years, but I think we're going to change it to more like every 18ish months. We're heading down in February next year, then I think we're going to try for November for the Christmas festivities in 2014.

Happy Planning guys!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #64
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Add me to the list, please!

DH and I are planning to return to POFQ in September next year. We've been the past 2 years and I am going through withdrawal this year! LOL! Not sure yet on the dates. I'm trying to decide if I want to go over my birthday and take advantage of the Labor Day holiday (one less vacation day I need to use) or if we want to go the following week. Also hoping for a free dining plan, so we are staying flexible for now.
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #65
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile_4213 View Post
I'm booked! I'm booked! I'm booked! We are officially booked for the Polynesian Resort September 7 - 14, 2013! I'm so freakin' excited! The best part...I get to share it with a TON o' people!

-Me, DH (will celebrate 30th b-day), DD (will celebrate 5th birthday)
-My parents
-DH's mom, step-dad, and brother (22)
-DH's dad and step-mom (yeah, we all get along like that!)
-My aunt (dad's sister) and two cousins (28 & 23)
-My aunt (mom's sister) and uncle
-Friends of the family w/ two kids (Total of 4 people)

Did you get that head count? That's 19 people! Don't fret my friends...I encouraged separate touring and meeting for a few meals rather than do the group "all together" thing. Thank goodness, because I don't have the patience to stand around a park map for 20 minutes to decide what to do next!

I'm super excited to celebrate both DH and DD's birthdays (AND their first visits too!), plus my dad's birthday and DH's step-dad's first visit!

Whew! I'm winded...I just wrote this whole post in my high-pitched excited voice!
Sounds like a wonderful trip!

I would do a similar trip with my kids and their dad and step mom. We probably won't ever be best buds, but we do get along just fine. Makes it much easier on the kids (who are all now young adults!)
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #66
DisTripper
Earning My Ears

You can count my family in. We will be at POR from Sept 4th through Sept 11th next year. There will be six of us in two rooms. I can hardly wait its already been a year since the last time we were there.
Sept 2009: Anniversay Celebration POR Free Dining
Sept 2011: 25th Anniversary Celebration Wilderness Lodge
Sept 2013: Family Trip POR hopefully with Free Dining

DisTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #67
Smile_4213
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

I would do a similar trip with my kids and their dad and step mom. We probably won't ever be best buds, but we do get along just fine. Makes it much easier on the kids (who are all now young adults!)
It was a rough road, but we got to a great place! Thank goodness, now we can travel together like this! I just learned in the past few days that my cousin who lives in Florida as well as my godparents want to meet up with us one or two days to visit with my DD who they all don't see very often! Whew!
Smile_4213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #68
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone I will get the list updated soon. I am really depressed right now and can't get into the Disney mood. We had a lot of people laid off at work yesterday. Luckily I was not one of them.....yet. It is such a scary time. One of the ones that got laid off was a really good friend of mine who was also planning a trip to Disney next year. I feel so bad for her. I just pray it doesn't happen to me soon. I want to get excited about the trip but in the back of my head I am afraid I will have to cancel if something happens. This economy just sucks.

Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #69
Smile_4213
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Grumpy
Hey everyone I will get the list updated soon. I am really depressed right now and can't get into the Disney mood. We had a lot of people laid off at work yesterday. Luckily I was not one of them.....yet. It is such a scary time. One of the ones that got laid off was a really good friend of mine who was also planning a trip to Disney next year. I feel so bad for her. I just pray it doesn't happen to me soon. I want to get excited about the trip but in the back of my head I am afraid I will have to cancel if something happens. This economy just sucks.

Thanks for letting me vent!
Sending you pixie dusted thoughts and prayers that you do not get laid off and the strength to be there for your friend and coworkers who did.
Smile_4213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #70
Bitsmommy
Mouseketeer

oops we are going in 2012...
Old 09-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #71
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

Mrs. Grumpy *fingers crossed* that all is well with your job! Did your friend cancel? If so I'm so very sorry.
We just booked 9/15/13-9/21/13 at the Beach Club

Glittercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #72
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
DH and I are planning to return to POFQ in September next year. We've been the past 2 years and I am going through withdrawal this year! LOL! Not sure yet on the dates. I'm trying to decide if I want to go over my birthday and take advantage of the Labor Day holiday (one less vacation day I need to use) or if we want to go the following week. Also hoping for a free dining plan, so we are staying flexible for now.
Got you added! We will also be there over Labor Day weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisTripper View Post
You can count my family in. We will be at POR from Sept 4th through Sept 11th next year. There will be six of us in two rooms. I can hardly wait its already been a year since the last time we were there.
We are hoping for free dining and if so we will upgrade to POR so maybe we will see you there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile_4213 View Post
Sending you pixie dusted thoughts and prayers that you do not get laid off and the strength to be there for your friend and coworkers who did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittercat View Post
Mrs. Grumpy *fingers crossed* that all is well with your job! Did your friend cancel? If so I'm so very sorry.
We just booked 9/15/13-9/21/13 at the Beach Club
Thanks it has been a really hard week. I will take all the pixie dust I can get to hopefully keep my job. I am just so depressed about it all right now. Looking up travel insurance now to see which ones will cover airline tickets if you have a job loss. Hopefully I am doing all this research for nothing.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #73
Princessmommymouse
Earning My Ears

Just had to post so I could say that one year from today my kids will be at Disney for the first time!!!!!!! I am so flipping excited about this! Anyone else think it feels more real when you are past the year mark?

Mrs Grumpy, I hope you don't lose your job! That would be just terrible! Sending good thoughts your way and hoping everything works out for you. My husband just recently got a job after 22 months of unemployment, so I know how scary it is, wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #74
Princessmommymouse
Earning My Ears

Just a Little Something I Have Been Working on

I will be the first to admit that I am a bit of an over planner. I research, and plan, and change plans, and tweak so much that even my husband can hardly keep track! To keep myself from obsessing too much this early I have been working on some crafty things to fill some of the time. My first item of business was to create a planning journal/ smash book! Here is what I have done so far!

That is the front cover. Tried to keep it simple on the front, as I suspect it will be getting a lot of handling!

The back cover!

My favorite page so far! You can also see the little tabs I made from some of those Disney paint samples.

I have a bunch more pictures if you want to see more. It has turned out so cute so far! I think my next project is going to be a countdown calender of some sort! Anyone else done anything crafty for their vacation?

Last edited by Princessmommymouse; 09-10-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Decresed the size on the pictures.
Princessmommymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #75
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

I would love to be added to the list!
After cancelling this September due to baby on the way...we changed to May. And now after thinking long and hard, I really LOVE September...low crowds, MNSSHP...possible free dining...I am thinking of postponing May and doing September!

This will be DH's and our new baby's first trip so I am hoping for the best possible experience.

We don't have any dates pinned down yet, since we just decided to switch months. But we are leaning towards Pop or a Mod. Just not sure yet.

princessmommymouse------LOVE the planning book!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: