Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #31
Princessmommymouse
Earning My Ears

I agree! The only time I have been to Disney World is the first week of June, it was hot, crowded, and I hardly rode anything at all due to a performing schedule I had to stick to (I was in a show choir).

When it came time to plan a trip for my family I was not going to mess with those kind of crowds with a 4 and almost 6 year old! So we chose September! It wasn't a hard sell when crowds are light, free dining is likely, AND I get to celebrate Friday the 13th at Disney World (my favorite day EVER!).

I've been working on setting up some family theme nights to introduce my boys to ALL the Disney movies before we go! Saturday will be our first one! We are doing them in the order they were released, so we are starting with Snow white. Making German food, Caramel apple slices (easier for little kids than a whole apple! Thank you pinterest!), cleaning the house, and watching the movie!

I also started a Disney Smash Book for our trip. It has turned out so cute so far! My boys are loving adding stickers to it! We put a few pictures of our resort in so far, so not much, but they have been asking to see their "Mickey Book" as they call it.

I hope it gets lively in here too! Think it is just kind of early. Bet we'll get some more once September comes and goes!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #32
E&As Mom
Mouseketeer

I think this next year will go by more quickly than I realize (that seems to happen with every vacation we plan). It does stink not going this September, since we've gone during that time 3 out of the last 4 years... but we took a cruise to Mexico back in April and are heading to Texas to visit my MIL in a couple of weeks.

I love the excitement of planning and whatnot when it comes to our Disney trips... deciding what restaurants we're going to revisit and what new restaurants we want to try. We play a "Where in the World am I" game with our girls from time to time. Kind of like 20 questions, but you put yourself in a park/on a ride or attraction/ or in a restaurant at one of the parks or DTD and everyone has to guys where in the world you are!

At our 100 day mark (which obviously won't be for a LONG time), we always have an O'Hana based dinner. I usually make a pork tenderloin and filet medalions on the grill, make a green salad with a sweet dressing, make lo-mein noodles, etc. Then, we usually watch a Disney movie, to get us even more in the mood (like I need any prodding to get excited about Disney)

~Kelly

Visits:
1977 - mid 1990s - Too many visits to count, 1999 - Delayed Honeymoon and DH's 1st trip to The World , 2008 - POR - Grand Gathering of 14 Mousekeeteers and our girls' first trip to The World, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - CSR, 2013 - All Star Sports - Surprise trip to proudly watch my niece march @ MK, 2013 - CSR, 2014 - Old Key West - Celebration Vacation! , 2015 - Yacht Club
DCL:
October 2014 - Disney Wonder
E&As Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #33
3monkeymomma
Earning My Ears

Not sure

We are still trying to figure out when we are going. We were there Sept. 21-28 in 2011, and would like to go back around the same time, but I have to plan my vacation around a conference that some of my co-workers are going to. I can't have vacation the same time as them and the conference for 2013 is Sept. 27-Oct. 3. We are also trying to plan around when free dining might be offered.

Our youngest daughter starts school in 2013 and although we took our son out of school for a week right after he started with no issues, our daughter is very shy and I'm not sure if taking her out for 10 days will cause issues so early in the year. My husband also wants to wait for free dining to be released before we make any reservations, but I'm worried about ADR's.

So many decisions!
3monkeymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #34
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

Welcome 3monkey. It's nice to hear from someone who has been that time of year. This will be our first WDW and I really don't want to deal with crowds. How were the wait times when you went.

You also bring up a very important factor that I should have thought about. I have a conference that I will attend annually for my new job and that hadn't clicked in yet. I better double check my dates vs 2013 conference dates! I think I'll be Ok. But I'll probably be getting home to turn around and leave again. Whew, can you say tired!

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
momjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #35
3monkeymomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momjeeps View Post
Welcome 3monkey. It's nice to hear from someone who has been that time of year. This will be our first WDW and I really don't want to deal with crowds. How were the wait times when you went.

You also bring up a very important factor that I should have thought about. I have a conference that I will attend annually for my new job and that hadn't clicked in yet. I better double check my dates vs 2013 conference dates! I think I'll be Ok. But I'll probably be getting home to turn around and leave again. Whew, can you say tired!

It was our first trip, so i can't compare it to anything, but wait times were reasonable. There were quite a few rides that we walked right on. The longest wait was Toy Story Mania and without the fast pass that was about 25 minutes. It didn't seem like there were many people in the parks until it was time for the fireworks.
3monkeymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #36
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

Sounds like very low crowd levels. Toy Story can be over an hour with out FP. I hope we find it the same when we go.

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
momjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #37
Smile_4213
Earning My Ears

I'm Here!

Coming over from the 2013 thread!! I usually lurk quite a bit (pretty stalker-ish, right?) but I'm getting so excited about our trip I could almost POP! But that would be gross, so I'll just stay...stretching at the seams. Already submitted my dates from the other thread, but it's pretty likely we will be at the Polynesian. Keeping my fingers crossed that whatever plans they have for refurbishing that resort don't interfere too much with our family's first Disney vacation.

We are celebrating my DD's 5th birthday, DH's 30th birthday (and first visits), my father's 57th birthday, and DH's step-dad's first visit (he's in his 60s!). We are going with a group of about 15. I'm so excited because we are getting together at the end of August for a "planning" lunch so we are all somewhat on the same page. I have tons of Disney themed food planned and even goodie bags! (BTW, Hi, I'm Kris, and I have Disney OCD) And then...it will be official because we will book our trip that weekend!!!

Looking forward to counting down with everyone!
Smile_4213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #38
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Very very tentative plans for us (maybe even just ME) to return in late September 2013. I have a goal to lose weight, train, and run the TOT 10 miler. This year it is on September 28th I think so I'm looking at late September. I've lost 7.5 lbs in 2 weeks, and need another 12 or so off before I'll feel comfortable starting to run. I will be staying at least part of the stay at the BC, and it will depend on if it is a girls or solo trip, or whether the family will be coming too... The kids will NOT let me go without them without a fight, but this is primarily about a reward for a return to health and fitness.

So, no countdown yet, just a plan and a dream!!!

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #39
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile_4213 View Post
Coming over from the 2013 thread!! I usually lurk quite a bit (pretty stalker-ish, right?) but I'm getting so excited about our trip I could almost POP! But that would be gross, so I'll just stay...stretching at the seams. Already submitted my dates from the other thread, but it's pretty likely we will be at the Polynesian. Keeping my fingers crossed that whatever plans they have for refurbishing that resort don't interfere too much with our family's first Disney vacation.

We are celebrating my DD's 5th birthday, DH's 30th birthday (and first visits), my father's 57th birthday, and DH's step-dad's first visit (he's in his 60s!). We are going with a group of about 15. I'm so excited because we are getting together at the end of August for a "planning" lunch so we are all somewhat on the same page. I have tons of Disney themed food planned and even goodie bags! (BTW, Hi, I'm Kris, and I have Disney OCD) And then...it will be official because we will book our trip that weekend!!!

Looking forward to counting down with everyone!
Thanks for joining us over here. It is pretty slow now but the more people we get the more active it should get.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #40
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
Very very tentative plans for us (maybe even just ME) to return in late September 2013. I have a goal to lose weight, train, and run the TOT 10 miler. This year it is on September 28th I think so I'm looking at late September. I've lost 7.5 lbs in 2 weeks, and need another 12 or so off before I'll feel comfortable starting to run. I will be staying at least part of the stay at the BC, and it will depend on if it is a girls or solo trip, or whether the family will be coming too... The kids will NOT let me go without them without a fight, but this is primarily about a reward for a return to health and fitness.

So, no countdown yet, just a plan and a dream!!!
Good luck on the losing weight. I am trying to do that myself. I have a bunch to lose.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #41
disneygirl910
Earning My Ears

Sept 1- sept 13, AOA or Pop, Me37, DH43, DD3 & DD4. Last time we were home was 2008' I can't wait.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #42
mcbailey
Mouseketeer

It will be here faster than you think!!

We will be heading down to FL on September 15th, 2013 for four nights. Hopefully, staying at the BWV. It will be the first time my husband and I go alone! It will be a 50th b-day celebration!!
Disney - May, 1985 (offsite); July, 1986 (offsite); October 2000 (first time with kids-offsite); Dec. 2001 (Pop Warner-ASsp); Dec. 2005 (Pop Warner-POR); Dec. 2006 (Pop Warner-POR); Dec. 2010 (Pop Warner-POR); Dec. 2011 (Pop Warner-CBR); Sept. 2013 (BWV)

Universal - July, 2006-Hard Rock; June 2010-Royal Pacific (soft opening for HP) ; Oct, 2014 (Booked at RPR again!!)
mcbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #43
disneygirl910
Earning My Ears

Update
Dates moved to sept. 29 - oct. 12, I guess I should move to the October thread.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:22 AM   #44
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl910 View Post
Update
Dates moved to sept. 29 - oct. 12, I guess I should move to the October thread.
You can join us also!

I will get everyone added to the list this weekend.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #45
Princessmommymouse
Earning My Ears

Been so stressed this week! I am hosting my Brother-in-laws wedding open house this weekend, as I am his only family in state. Did the entire thing single handed! Been so much work I feel like I will die before tomorrow night! Didn't even work this hard on my own wedding!

But! Good news! As a token of their appreciation for me doing all this they are paying for something for our trip! Either they are going to cover our R/O reservation for the first night (decided to add a night, and get in late so we can have a full first day) or our Photo Pass+ ! Not a huge payment for all the work I did (I spent 50 hours hand making paper flowers for the bridal bouquet, and that is just one tiny aspect!), but I will take it!

We also won a stroller rental from a Disney blog a few weeks back, so that extra expense is covered now too!

Ready for this wedding to be over so I can start really digging into my planning! I am so proud of all I did for this wedding, but SUPER glad it is almost over.

And for Kicks and giggles, here is a picture from the wedding yesterday! Didn't the flowers turn out gorgeous!!! You'd never know they were paper!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: