Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #2281
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogo Shuko View Post
I spent my Sunday riding, and then stripping wallpaper at my parents' new house!
We ate our supper their, sitting on lawn chairs around a patio table in the basement.
i can remember being 16 y/o and my parental units moving to another house.
i had to strip wallpaper every day after school and weekends.

ugh........
it's a nasty job.

i had friends that painted over their wallpaper.
it really looked nice.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #2282
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches00 View Post
ok...called Portofino regarding painting by villa wing. they transferred me to front office and nice gentleman told me they were painting the villa wing by the harbor??? I don't know where that is as we always stay overlooking villa pool. he said it should all be done by October. In other news...yay royal baby!!!
keisha and damo know more about the room locations than most.

maybe one of them will see your post and jump in here.

if your villa is west wing, that would be very good place to stay.

i heard about the royal baby birth a bit ago.
have you been following it?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #2283
peaches00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
keisha and damo know more about the room locations than most.

maybe one of them will see your post and jump in here.

if your villa is west wing, that would be very good place to stay.

i heard about the royal baby birth a bit ago.
have you been following it?

I am curious about other villa wing room locations...does villa wing also overlook
beach pool? I stayed in west wing when we got a Portofino suite overlooking bay that we loved but really like overlooking villa pool. we had a request for room near villa pool elevator last time and the nice kid who checked us in said he personally assigned the room and was very happy with himself. I didn't realize that there are in fact two villa pool elevators and last time it was the one farthest away from club but didn't say anything cuz we didn't want to upset the guy. he had just started working there. anyway I will specify villa pool elevator closest to lounge. love love love royal baby fever!!!!!

grand floridian 2002 poly club 2009 port Orleans 2011
royal pacific club 2007
Portofino bay club 2008,2010(x2)
Old 07-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #2284
rowan555
DIS Veteran

Quote:
no idea.
if it is opened when i go, great.
if i have to wait til the next trip, also great.

there was some thread in this forum that you might read about the simpsons.
can't remember what was said.

if i don't catch something new that has opened, i catch it on the next visit.

This is likely our one and only trip to Universal in the next 5 to 10 years, lol, hence my excitement and my hoping the new area is open so I can enjoy it.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #2285
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

Quote:
I am curious about other villa wing room locations...does villa wing also overlook
beach pool? I stayed in west wing when we got a Portofino suite overlooking bay that we loved but really like overlooking villa pool. we had a request for room near villa pool elevator last time and the nice kid who checked us in said he personally assigned the room and was very happy with himself. I didn't realize that there are in fact two villa pool elevators and last time it was the one farthest away from club but didn't say anything cuz we didn't want to upset the guy. he had just started working there. anyway I will specify villa pool elevator closest to lounge. love love love royal baby fever!!!!!
let me pull up some of my older notes to see what i can find on pbh.

it might take me a little bit of time, but i'll get back to you.

in fact, i was going thru some notes since i last posted her to you.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #2286
SharkyGoddess
Happier than a Shark at a Sushi Bar

Hey Homies!!! I am so glad to see July finally ending This month has been a rough one. The worst was losing my daughter's Border Collie, Saphira. Losing a pet is never easy, but when they are older or ill you at least know, Saphira left us suddenly with out any warning. The sweet baby just laid down in her favorite sleeping spot and never woke up.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying making vacation plans!
First trip 1987 ~Disney & Bush Gardens with best friend and Dad Second trip 1991 ~ US with friendsThird trip July 2002 ~ Disney & US/IOA with my kiddos Fourth trip July 2004 ~US/IOA A very pregnant me and my two kiddos Fifth trip October 2007 ~Disney for MNSSHP ASM with my kiddos and Sweet Babboo Sixth trip October 2010 ~US/IOA for HHN & WWoHP with Babboo & Kiddos
"Just behind the reef are the big white teeth of the sharks that can swim on the land."
Old 07-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #2287
Kogo Shuko
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
I was all full of myself having made a zucchini cake, mock crab cakes, a roast and pork chops (sounds like a lot but will feed the troops for at least two days here)...

then I read Kogo stripped wallpaper this weekend, that's near the top of my list of dirtiest jobs. I can't get my kids to take out the garbage.
Quote:
i can remember being 16 y/o and my parental units moving to another house.
i had to strip wallpaper every day after school and weekends.

ugh........
it's a nasty job.

i had friends that painted over their wallpaper.
it really looked nice.
It definitely wasn't the best job, but it sure beat laying down the new floor!

Last weekend my mother had me weeding the driveway. It's so bad that there are weeds growing in the cracks. I don't know why she wanted me to weed it when they're just going to repave, but hey... a job is a job.

I'm also photographing everything they do, so they know just how amazing a job they've done of flipping the house.

And some of that wallpaper... hooooo boy, apparently the 70s packed up its bags and moved into this house's basement!

If I'm SUPER NICE, maybe if I move back to my hometown, they'd rent the house to me because I helped so much. Maybe? MAYBE?! lol

me: Jax:
~*~ 1992-1993 – Offsite ~*~ 1995-1996 – Offsite ~*~ 2009 – Scotland ~*~ 2010 – Newfoundland ~*~ 2010-2011 – Offsite ~*~ October 2011 - Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Feb 2012 – Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Oct 2012 – Carnival Cruise/Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Sept 2013 - Sanibel/Vistana/Leesburg ~*~ April 2014 - Houston, Texas ~*~

Old 07-23-2013, 06:55 AM   #2288
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Location: Originally Scotland, Now in Cleveland, NE England, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyGoddess View Post
Hey Homies!!! I am so glad to see July finally ending This month has been a rough one. The worst was losing my daughter's Border Collie, Saphira. Losing a pet is never easy, but when they are older or ill you at least know, Saphira left us suddenly with out any warning. The sweet baby just laid down in her favorite sleeping spot and never woke up.

Oh Sharky how sad for you losing Saphira. It`s never easy to lose a much loved pet especially if it wasn`t expected.

Janet.......mock crab cakes??????? What do you put in them?? I love crab cakes.....really pleased Jake`s Bar has put them back on the menu.....didn`t get them there last year!!
We call zucchini courgettes over here........zucchini cake sounds better than courgette cake

Kogo.....I remember scraping wallpaper as a kid. We moved into an old Victorian house that had not been touched in years........they had papered over paper.......6 layers of paper It was so thick and took forever to get off......everyone had to chip in and help. It was the mid 70`s so don`t think there was such a thing as wallpaper steamer removers. Put me off ever having wallpaper......and I don`t....paint and effects all the way Good idea with the photographs

Had DS at the Nurse Practioner yesterday getting his ears syringed. Been putting drops and oil in for ages and it wasn`t clearing it....so popped along yesterday.....done in minutes........he`s a lot happier today, but keeps telling me I`m shouting

Got our Travellers Cheques for our trip today Just need to pick up Dollars nearer the time and we`re good to go

We have thunderstorms around us today.....very humid and sticky weather, supposed to affect us later this evening........storms here are never spectacular like Orlando storms though.

Off to catch up on the boards

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
Old 07-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #2289
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
i'm so glad you posted.

just reminded me i have to email you the recipe for zucchini bread!!
I went with a cake, threw in choc chips & orange zest, not too shabby

kogo You garden too? we've been trying to get rid of various varieties of poision ivy that has been rearing its head since we moved into current house years ago. No matter what we do (dig it out, chemically treat, even tried to bury with river rock) it comes back and keeps spreading.

carole - the new 'mock' crab cakes receipe I tried was ok. 2-1/2 cups shredded zuke (squeezed dry), a beaten egg, cup of bread crumbs (I used fresh), S&P, 1/2 tsp onion powder and a Tbsp of old bay. Form them, dredge in flour & fry. Next time will serve on bun with lettuce/tomato. I'm so desperate to get rid of the zukes I even gave one to my ex-MIL lol.

bit a fun to watch the royals, but I watch the real housewives too lol.

Quote:
ok...called Portofino regarding painting by villa wing. they transferred me to front office and nice gentleman told me they were painting the villa wing by the harbor??? I don't know where that is as we always stay overlooking villa pool. he said it should all be done by October. In other news...yay royal baby!!!
that's good news. You're confusing me though

this is the pool I was referencing that had the extensive work going on with heavy scaffolding on the outside of building in early June.

I believe these are where the 'deluxe rooms' are located. we prefer the bay or garden view rooms nearer the boat launch in the west wing. There was a minor bit of work going involving the entrance to the bay view rooms in that wing, but appeared to be finishing up finally.

I didn't notice any work on the side of the bay facing east wing rooms. I've only had a room there once and was glad to not receive one of the far-flung rooms.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #2290
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

Quote:
This month has been a rough one. The worst was losing my daughter's Border Collie, Saphira. Losing a pet is never easy, but when they are older or ill you at least know, Saphira left us suddenly with out any warning. The sweet baby just laid down in her favorite sleeping spot and never woke up.
i skimmed thru your post and missed that.
(thanx schumigirl for addressing it.)

i know your pain of losing a pet.
i'm sure you are devastated and missing Saphira.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumigirl View Post

Had DS at the Nurse Practioner yesterday getting his ears syringed. Been putting drops and oil in for ages and it wasn`t clearing it....so popped along yesterday.....done in minutes........he`s a lot happier today, but keeps telling me I`m shouting

Got our Travellers Cheques for our trip today Just need to pick up Dollars nearer the time and we`re good to go
ear issues are miserable.
glad to read the drops have worked and he can hear better.
now that you have your money set up, all you have to do is wait for departure date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by

kogo You garden too? :thumbsup2 we've been trying to get rid of various varieties of poision ivy that has been rearing its head since we moved into current house years ago. No matter what we do (dig it out, chemically treat, even tried to bury with river rock) it comes back and keeps spreading.:confused3

this is the pool I was referencing that had the extensive work going on with heavy scaffolding on the outside of building in early June.

[IMG
https://dqgpjgoc7e4dm.cloudfront.net/ipool/cache/218x128_561_61089901285311e13a1e3b4fe0652267.jpg[/IMG] I believe these are where the 'deluxe rooms' are located. we prefer the bay or garden view rooms nearer the boat launch in the west wing. There was a minor bit of work going involving the entrance to the bay view rooms in that wing, but appeared to be finishing up finally.

I didn't notice any work on the side of the bay facing east wing rooms. I've only had a room there once and was glad to not receive one of the far-flung rooms.
hope the info that damnit janet has given you helps in the location you need for pbh.

for a minute, i thought you were going to ask kogo how to get rid of the zucchini not poisen ivy....

Old 07-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #2291
Kogo Shuko
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
kogo You garden too? we've been trying to get rid of various varieties of poision ivy that has been rearing its head since we moved into current house years ago. No matter what we do (dig it out, chemically treat, even tried to bury with river rock) it comes back and keeps spreading.

Some plants are just so invasive. My brother's neighbour let their yard go, and it somehow attracted garlic mustard. The entire yard is garlic mustard now, and it's spreading into my brother's yard.

The new house has a lot of ragweed. A LOT of ragweed. So if they really want to fix it, they're going to require more than just a bit of weeding.

Otherwise, I love plants! I don't have a garden because I'm in an apartment, but I do have loads of strawberry plants in pots, and a tomato plant. And too many spider plants!

Quote:

for a minute, i thought you were going to ask kogo how to get rid of the zucchini not poisen ivy....
She can send some my way!!

me: Jax:
~*~ 1992-1993 – Offsite ~*~ 1995-1996 – Offsite ~*~ 2009 – Scotland ~*~ 2010 – Newfoundland ~*~ 2010-2011 – Offsite ~*~ October 2011 - Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Feb 2012 – Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Oct 2012 – Carnival Cruise/Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Sept 2013 - Sanibel/Vistana/Leesburg ~*~ April 2014 - Houston, Texas ~*~

Old 07-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #2292
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

u guys r a hoot

Old 07-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #2293
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying making vacation plans!
Our condolences!! We can definitely sympathize - 2 years ago this month we lost our 7 year old male Shepherd Strider suddenly, then 2 months later in September our 14 year old Shepherd Husky cross Bailey made her journey to the rainbow bridge. A day doesn't go by that we don't miss them dearly!
Old 07-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #2294
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Hi homies

Quote:
hey homie !!

good to see you here.

do you have plans yet for your fall trip?
keep in contact with me so we can hook up again.
I'm still planning to meet up with you at Epcot on the 30th, if that fits into your plans....we can drink around the world and maybe sample some good food along the way so I can find my way back to the darkside after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumigirl View Post
Hey buddy.......where have you been...... missed ya counting down to September to catch up
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I had to work 7 days in a row after coming back from PC Beach. We had a great trip in spite of the rain and double red flag warnings on the beach. It cleared up by the third day and the rest of the week was perfect.

Looking forward to touring the parks and HHN with my bud.
Quote:
i usually shove all my junk under the bed.

since i can't see it, i forget what all is stuffed there.
don't do what I did and wait till you see a snake next to your bed to clean under it...last month I was going into my bedroom to turn on my AC after work and turned around, looked down at the floor to find a snake with it's mouth open curled up by my bed I flew over my recliner and out the door...it took 3 days before I would sleep in my room only after cleaning under and around every surface and finding not one but two snakeskins one under my bed and one in the closet where we found a hole behind the storage boxes that I hadn't moved in a while. There is now nothing on the floor of my closet and the hole is filled but I still cannot enter my room without checking under my bed which also has nothing under it now .... and most likely never will.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #2295
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

your findings are more exciting than mine.

all i find are cat fur and whiskers.

you bet!
we are on for 9/30.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: