Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #2176
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
Out of money right now, so have to wait till payday. Tried using "Find My iPhone" but since everyone knows about it now, they turned off the phone so I can't find it, or wipe the memory. But I already blocked it from being able to be used on the AT&T network
oh man, least u won't get hit up with usage charges from the idiot, but small solace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
wow, it is friday already.

where did this week go, it just flew by for me.

80 more sleeps for me until orlando...
woot
some people don't need tickers to keep track.

I've been putzing around all day and very little to show for it.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #2177
snowangel72
Mouseketeer

We went to both parks today. $540 for the 4 of us. Just shoot me. I got SO sick on Harry Potter puked my guts out...then felt better so I went on Dispicable Me...then felt sick again!!! I am sticking to Disney!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #2178
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowangel72 View Post
We went to both parks today. $540 for the 4 of us. Just shoot me. I got SO sick on Harry Potter puked my guts out...then felt better so I went on Dispicable Me...then felt sick again!!! I am sticking to Disney!!!!!!
That's ashame. It is why I take motion sickness pills. If I feel sick, closing my eyes helps too. On the Me ride, there are stationary seats that may help your upset belly. Not all of USO is those kind of rides. Much to see and do besides them. Maybe when the new potter area is open next year, you may want to visit again. I am not a fan of those kind of rides, but I really enjoy the parks and the resorts. Since my kids are ride junkies, we will be fans of USO for some time. Disney is just as expensive and my kids find it not as fun, as character visits are not our top priority now and not as many thrill rides in Disney. However, we like both parks and we even like the Busch parks in FLA..

It is good though, to know what you like and want you do not. I hope you have a better vacation next time or are enjoying the rest of one.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #2179
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
snowangel72

our puker...

sorry that the day didn't go fine.

i haven't had the reaction you did on those darkside rides but did get out of sorts on the Mission Space green.......which made me green........
it is a lousy feeling to go through.

there are some homies that do the darkside and take meclizine so they won't get dizzy/sick from some of the rides.

if you come back to the darkside for a repeat, maybe something you can take will be of benefit to you.

i hear ya on the prices.
all of the theme parks have a hefty fee for a one day ticket.
almost impossible to get around that.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:44 AM   #2180
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

Called my stepmom and she's gonna send me money to help me get a new phone. Tho its getting harder every day to get by without it. Good thing I can play Candy Crush on Facebook
Old 07-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #2181
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Quote:
Called my stepmom and she's gonna send me money to help me get a new phone. Tho its getting harder every day to get by without it. Good thing I can play Candy Crush on Facebook
Glad you`re getting a new phone

I gave up on Candy Crush.....I don`t do FB and I wasn`t paying to play so after what seemed like an eternity on one level I gave up....either that or the phone was getting flung out the window!!!

Had a good weekend so far......still got fantastic weather so making the most of that. I can`t remember us having such good weather for so long over here definitely enjoying it and hardly been inside.

Anyone watching or watched Hannibal the series? We`ve got a couple of series 1 to watch yet and I think there`s a second series.......unless they cancel another good show!! Wasn`t sure about it at first but got into it now

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
SEPTEMBER/OCT 2015 18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
Old 07-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #2182
kittengal13
kittengal13

Just back from seeing Monsters University. Ashamed to say it but I was disappointed Think it's because the first is so perfect, that I had outrageously high expectations for this one.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #2183
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittengal13
Just back from seeing Monsters University. Ashamed to say it but I was disappointed Think it's because the first is so perfect, that I had outrageously high expectations for this one.
Did you see despicable me 2 yet?
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
Old 07-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #2184
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
That's why I'm so grateful for our annual passes Believe it or not, neither hubby or I have been on Forbidden Journey yet. I do get motion sickness (one of the worst ones for me was Back to the Future) and hubby gets woozy on coasters, so I don't think we are going to try it anytime soon.

Quote:

Old 07-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #2185
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Good morning. I have been busy since vacation so I have not caught up with everyone. So sorry for not reading will do that later. Well going to see DM2 this afternoon and buying my HHN tickets tonight too. It's our first HHN just DW and myself. I know its hard to believe but we have been diehard Universal since 1991 and have never been. Seen each year all other holidays but not this, can't wait.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #2186
kittengal13
kittengal13

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post

Did you see despicable me 2 yet?
Yes, and it was WONDERFUL!!! Have you?
Old 07-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #2187
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittengal13

Yes, and it was WONDERFUL!!! Have you?
Yes and I laughed so much I cried. Much better than monsters IMO
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
Old 07-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #2188
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
Good morning. I have been busy since vacation so I have not caught up with everyone. So sorry for not reading will do that later. Well going to see DM2 this afternoon and buying my HHN tickets tonight too. It's our first HHN just DW and myself. I know its hard to believe but we have been diehard Universal since 1991 and have never been. Seen each year all other holidays but not this, can't wait.
You'll have to post your dates once we have the HHN dates thread. You'll get to see who else will be there and on what date.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #2189
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
Yes and I laughed so much I cried. Much better than monsters IMO
Can`t wait to see it...I don`t go the cinema so will have to wait till dvd comes out....it looks really good!!

Well, still in garden enjoying the sunshine.....and food, sangria and Jimmy Buffet CD`s........thankfully some of the immediate neighbours were around today...so came over to ours and joined in (don`t like disturbing people with music)....half of them had never heard of him......but we were all singing along eventually.......it was fun They loved the songs.

I know I must keep harping on about our weather but this is very unusual for the UK......sweltering temps is not the norm for us generally...even in the summer!! We`ve had more bbq`s in the last month than we`ve had in 5 years.......no kidding.

Anyway hope everyone`s had a good weekend

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
SEPTEMBER/OCT 2015 18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN

Last edited by schumigirl; 07-14-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #2190
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i've made the when are you going to hhn threads before.

i could start one up later this month.

the only lull time i might have is when i am at the motherland.
their wifi was not good last year.

when i move to the darkside resorts, never have an issue with wifi there.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: