Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #1561
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by palavra View Post
Hi everyone,
I've been reading this thread and you guys seem like a lot of fun. I actually first checked out this thread 6 years ago before our first Universal trip. Life and other things got in the way, and we haven't been back to Universal since 2007. We loved Universal then, and now, with Harry Potter, the Simpsons and The Despicables, it sounds even better. We do like WDW as well and spent a week in 2009 on property. Anyway, I have recently been offered a teaching job near Ocala. We are so excited to be so close, especially my 10 year old daughter. We hope to get Universal annual passes partly because my sister has them. She lives in Winter Springs about 30 minutes from Universal. So I would like to get to know you guys better now that I am soon to be a "regular"-I hope!
Welcome!

Most of us here come and go from time to time, but it's always home here.

One of the best things about being in Florida is the theme parks. But Universal has won our hearts over Disney. Every time we go to Universal people ask why do you go there so much. Well how many people around the world would love to be this close and make many trips. Might as well enjoy what's in our backyard.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #1562
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I've been reading this thread and you guys seem like a lot of fun. I actually first checked out this thread 6 years ago before our first Universal trip. Life and other things got in the way, and we haven't been back to Universal since 2007. We loved Universal then, and now, with Harry Potter, the Simpsons and The Despicables, it sounds even better. We do like WDW as well and spent a week in 2009 on property. Anyway, I have recently been offered a teaching job near Ocala. We are so excited to be so close, especially my 10 year old daughter. We hope to get Universal annual passes partly because my sister has them. She lives in Winter Springs about 30 minutes from Universal. So I would like to get to know you guys better now that I am soon to be a "regular"-I hope!
palavra

you are more than a "regular", youse are now our newest HOMIE !!!!!!

and that means you need a note from mom if you don't come back and check in regularly with us.............i'm a so i get away with saying that...

and since you now have a teaching job in sunny florida, you should use the teacher smilie as much as possible.

a big hug and congratulations on the new job and relocation.
make sure when you move you get a big house with lots of bedrooms, or floor space.

we all will come stay with you...........

i do the motherland and the darkside each year.
i can't imagine going to orlando and not doing both parks.

but, my stays at the darkside are longer.
10 nights this year in the fall.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #1563
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStarfish82 View Post
We made it to the Motherland! And it is HOT! Welcome change from the weather up North.

The little guy made the 20 hour trip beautifully! He went to EPCOT this morning and his first swim in the pool. I'll post a few photos as I upload them.

Here is one from South of the Border!

he is a cutie!
thanx for sharing our nephew with us....

i can't believe you did a 20 hour car ride with an infant...........

Old 05-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #1564
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
Welcome!

Most of us here come and go from time to time, but it's always home here.

RPH is also your home away from home.
they go hand in hand.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #1565
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

homies, gotta go and do parental unit duty now.

will catch youse all later tonight...

have a great Declaration day/Memorial day and don't burn your fingers on the grill when you cook out today........

Old 05-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #1566
Bluer101

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post

RPH is also your home away from home.
they go hand in hand.
Yep, but here is a close second.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #1567
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
sup?

Still alive.

Still busy. Actually...busier since kid is older.
I wondered where you had been.........lovely to see you back on here again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStarfish82 View Post
We made it to the Motherland! And it is HOT! Welcome change from the weather up North.

The little guy made the 20 hour trip beautifully! He went to EPCOT this morning and his first swim in the pool. I'll post a few photos as I upload them.

Here is one from South of the Border!

Oh my goodness.....he is so gorgeous......what a good little guy to make such a journey. Have a great trip with the little one

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Welcome Palavra............lucky you moving to Orlando. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
Every time we go to Universal people ask why do you go there so much.
We get that too.......all the time!!!! I don`t get it at all having to justify why you go somewhere when you love it.

We do go other places in between. We are Formula 1 nuts......so we try and go to as many European races as we can. So it`s not like we don`t do anything apart from Florida. But if I were as close as you are......yep I would be there all the time too

Well my postcards that I mailed from my New York trip last month arrived on Saturday.......better late than never I suppose. I can`t wait to go back there again next year. Think that trip will be in June, probably mid June.

Hope everyone had a great weekend

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
Old 05-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #1568
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

No cooking out for us

All day rain. (all weekend actually) not forecast to end until Saturday! Lots of rivers flooding around us. We are under a flood warning now. I had to run out into the monsoon yesterday to make sure my downspouts were connected correctly. Luckily our basement doesn't flood...we have three bedrooms below ground!

Hope others holiday weekends are sunnier than mine.

Visiting the darkside yearly since 2004
Staying onsite RPR or hrh
Old 05-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #1569
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

KFed....congrats on the little man! He IS adorable. And, before you know it, will be all grown up. Trust me...I know! When I joined this board, Buds was about 4 or so and I was planning his first trip to Disney.

Fast forward 10 years.... Enjoy him little and a little advice....take LOTS of pictures! You can never have enough

That said, he is what keeps my busy. He still does karate and even more now. He's there just about every day and he's now a level 1 instructor, so when he's not TAKING class, he's helping teach it. Plus, he'll be starting high school end of August, so there's never a dull moment.

Not headed to Universal again this year. Taking a southern Caribbean cruise instead. We *had* thought of UO since it's been a few years since we've been there, but with all the new stuff coming, we decided to postpone for a bit. Plans are being made for next year, so maybe 2015 we'll get back? Next year we are heading to the Abacos islands in the Bahamas back sailing with BIL and family. Since we went sailing the BVI last year, we've been hooked. Wish we could retire early NOW!

and, DH had to turn down a job offer in Orlando with work. With the kid starting high school end of summer this year, just not good timing. We are really hoping there's an opening there once he graduates and is college bound. We'd be moving then

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday!
Old 05-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #1570
MDer2FL
Mouseketeer

Happy Memorial Day Weekend (what's left of it!)

Had a family birthday dinner for DD10 on Friday. Went to a neighbor's daughter's wedding on Saturday - beautiful service, awesome reception party! Yesterday was shopping and then some swimming at another neighbors. Today, yardwork, housework, laundry, and getting ready to put salmon on the grill. Gearing up for that last 2 weeks of school. We leave for Orlando on 6/29 I have a feeling this whole summer is going to FLY by.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #1571
Bluer101

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDer2FL View Post
Had a family birthday dinner for DD10 on Friday. Went to a neighbor's daughter's wedding on Saturday - beautiful service, awesome reception party! Yesterday was shopping and then some swimming at another neighbors. Today, yardwork, housework, laundry, and getting ready to put salmon on the grill. Gearing up for that last 2 weeks of school. We leave for Orlando on 6/29 I have a feeling this whole summer is going to FLY by.
By your screen name are you located in Florida? I also notice you are going 6/29-7/2. We will also be there 6/29-7/7. We come from down south Palm Beach County.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #1572
MDer2FL
Mouseketeer

Nope - Maryland.

MDer (Marylander)
2 (to)
FL (Florida)

I know, my creativity knows no bounds!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #1573
marciemi
Proud Redhead
I'm just going with what I said!
Guaranteed visible from the space shuttle!

Well, since all the other "old folks" are checking in (Hi Tricia, Hi Brab, Hi anyone I missed!! ), thought I'd say hi as well! Been a busy weekend - Eric made it home briefly after finals before starting his summer internship and was here Friday to celebrate his 18th birthday! Matt got his class ring Friday for the Air Force Academy (a big deal at Academies) and had a great weekend with a date out from San Diego. Meanwhile, Royce & I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary today. Just a few pics of that from 25 years ago!!

Old 05-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #1574
Bluer101

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDer2FL View Post
Nope - Maryland.

MDer (Marylander)
2 (to)
FL (Florida)

I know, my creativity knows no bounds!
Ok, might run into you there. I have met a few homies while up there.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #1575
Bluer101

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemi View Post
Well, since all the other "old folks" are checking in (Hi Tricia, Hi Brab, Hi anyone I missed!! ), thought I'd say hi as well! Been a busy weekend - Eric made it home briefly after finals before starting his summer internship and was here Friday to celebrate his 18th birthday! Matt got his class ring Friday for the Air Force Academy (a big deal at Academies) and had a great weekend with a date out from San Diego. Meanwhile, Royce & I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary today. Just a few pics of that from 25 years ago!!

Happy 25th!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: