Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which doll would you buy?
All of them! Who can pick just one 25 37.31%
Maleficent 10 14.93%
the Evil queen 10 14.93%
Queen of hearts 3 4.48%
Ursula 9 13.43%
Mother gothel 6 8.96%
Cruella 8 11.94%
None 9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #106
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannahlovesdisney View Post
So whats the deal with the Lady Tremaine Doll? I know she is coming out on October 2nd and will be 99.50 but Is she in the designer collection or just a regular doll?
As I said in my post she's NOT part of the Desinger Villains Collection. She's an LE doll like the others before from dvd/bluray releases
Old 09-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #107
Aurorabrir
Aurorabrir

Dolls on my mind

Hello friendly collectors,
Are we ready for the Queen of Hearts on Monday? I am counting on my sister to get mine while I'm at work, but I feel relaxed knowing the first two are all still available online so I can get the queen online if necessary.
Tonight, I decided to expand my four princess collection and add one or two more (I have Snow White, Tiana, Pocahontas and Mulan). After combing ebay and amazon, I found that I could get Jasmine for about $100 on Amazon and made a few low ball offers to sellers of Rapunzel on Ebay. We'll see. I think they're worth a bit of inflated price nearer to what the villains cost, but not more than about $100. I wonder if they will increase in value over time? I doubt the villains will but you never know. I was surprised to see how much Aurora and Pocahontas are now (not surprised about Ariel).
My daughters are young but we are enchanted by Disney princesses and I hope they will enjoy looking at the dolls on display in their rooms (up high, no playing with these little "insurance policies"!). They may come to enjoy the villains even more than the princesses once the tween/teenage years arrive. Isn't that why Monster High is so in vogue right now? These lady villains are the original goth!
I've enjoyed reading your posts!
Aurorabrir is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #108
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

No doll for me this week. I don't relly like the Queen of Hearts so have fun everyone
Old 09-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #109
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

Queen of hearts was the easiest to get for sure. I went today and they did the raffle, but there really wasn't a need for it. Everyone there was able to receive the doll and they even had 3 leftover. A lot of people didn't care for her very much overall. Even by the looks of the poll in this thread that shows. The next 3 ladies I know will be harder to get in the store because of their popularity, but hopefully I won't leave empty handed in the weeks to come .

My Favorite Princesses
PrincessMarincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #110
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurorabrir View Post
Hello friendly collectors,
Are we ready for the Queen of Hearts on Monday? I am counting on my sister to get mine while I'm at work, but I feel relaxed knowing the first two are all still available online so I can get the queen online if necessary.
Tonight, I decided to expand my four princess collection and add one or two more (I have Snow White, Tiana, Pocahontas and Mulan). After combing ebay and amazon, I found that I could get Jasmine for about $100 on Amazon and made a few low ball offers to sellers of Rapunzel on Ebay. We'll see. I think they're worth a bit of inflated price nearer to what the villains cost, but not more than about $100. I wonder if they will increase in value over time? I doubt the villains will but you never know. I was surprised to see how much Aurora and Pocahontas are now (not surprised about Ariel).
My daughters are young but we are enchanted by Disney princesses and I hope they will enjoy looking at the dolls on display in their rooms (up high, no playing with these little "insurance policies"!). They may come to enjoy the villains even more than the princesses once the tween/teenage years arrive. Isn't that why Monster High is so in vogue right now? These lady villains are the original goth!
I've enjoyed reading your posts!
I was looking at Princess Jasmine on ebay just yesterday, thinking how nice it would be to have 5 of the princesses lol. I was lucky enough to get the ones I have so I never really pushed the thought of getting any others. I have Belle, Ariel, Tiana, and Pocahontas. I was pleasantly surprised however to see the Jasmine really wasn't that over priced. I saw one sell for about 110. I'm resisting the urge to buy her because I want to get the rest of the Villains first. Perhaps I can get her for Christmas as a gift to myself .

My Favorite Princesses
PrincessMarincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #111
Tangelders Ahoy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
No doll for me this week. I don't relly like the Queen of Hearts so have fun everyone
Oh man!! Don't you want the complete set????
Tangelders Ahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #112
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangelders Ahoy

Oh man!! Don't you want the complete set????
I don't think I do??? Can't really decide. Don't like the Gothel or Ursela. If I got them it would be to pair with the dedigner princesses Ariel and Rapunzel.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #113
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Nope not interested in getting them all, same as the Princesses, wasn't really into all of them either.

I loathe Aurora

Last edited by glenpreece; 09-25-2012 at 07:20 PM.
glenpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #114
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

I ordered this one online. My store isn't very close and I didn't think there would be high demand.

I was a little peeved the way my store did the last doll (told us to line up outside like the first week then went ahead and just started selling them inside the store at 1:10) so I just decided to order this one online. Considering they are *all* still available online I think it's looking pretty good to be able to order the rest this way, especially with the free shipping.

Still, I probably won't take chances with the remaining dolls that I really want.
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #115
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Got my Queen! Trying to decide if I need gothel and Ursula.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #116
Aurorabrir
Aurorabrir

Got Rapunzel!

Hello,
I just have to share my good fortune! I messaged a girl on facebook who sold me her Rapunzel doll for $75!!! We met locally and she was so nice, even offered me two journals for my girls for cost price. She had an Ariel, too, which was tempting, but was a lot of money. Gotta save my money for Mother Gothel. With my new queen of hearts and my new Rapunzel, my shelf is filling up quick!
I love designer Disney dolls!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #117
Aurorabrir
Aurorabrir

Glen....

Why do you loathe Aurora? I admit I didn't want her when I bought princesses. I prefer her in blue and am not crazy about her hair. Still, she might be nice next to my Maleficent. Just don't want to pay a fortune for her.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #118
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

I got my journal in the mail yesterday, and im very pleased! they're so much fancier than the princess journals! I went to the disney store today and was tempted to buy more journals, but I got the note card set instead (since I have a set of the princesses, I thought I might as well have villains too!) I didn't like any of the other merchandise though! The nail polish looked kind of ewwie and definitely NOT worth $30. I love the sketches for all of the dolls so im really happy to have the note card set with them!

I wish everyone luck in the upcoming weeks with the rest of the dolls!
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #119
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurorabrir View Post
Why do you loathe Aurora? I admit I didn't want her when I bought princesses. I prefer her in blue and am not crazy about her hair. Still, she might be nice next to my Maleficent. Just don't want to pay a fortune for her.
I hate the fact she's always wearing pink as you said I prefer her in blue. But she's sucha useless Princess.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #120
KuraiKodoku
Earning My Ears

Was on vacation and I'm finally back. And it looks like the Queen of Hearts has gone up for sale and all three villains are still available.

That's fine with me, so I don't think I need to worry when Cruella comes up. I was afraid I might need to stay up until three am to get her (can order online only). I really want her.

But I did order the Evil Queen before I went on vacation and tracking the package, she should be arriving tomorrow. Can't wait to get a glimpse of her in person. She'll go next to Snow White, need to make room for her.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: