Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





View Poll Results: Which doll would you buy?
All of them! Who can pick just one 25 37.31%
Maleficent 10 14.93%
the Evil queen 10 14.93%
Queen of hearts 3 4.48%
Ursula 9 13.43%
Mother gothel 6 8.96%
Cruella 8 11.94%
None 9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #76
glenpreece
DIS Veteran
 
glenpreece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,397

I'd prefer it if they weren't LE dolls, I wish the Princesees hadn't been so limited then I could've gotten more.
__________________
Who Run The World? GIRLS!!!
glenpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:09 AM   #77
Figaro1
Mouseketeer
 
Figaro1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Wishing it was WDW
Posts: 210

Watch out for hags offering apples!!!

The Evil Queen is released at select Disney Stores today.

I wonder if we can expect the same turn out as last week for Maleifcent.
__________________
Figaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #78
Queenie122
Mouseketeer
 
Queenie122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 412

I don't know, but my daughter is off from school today so I have to take her with me. I'm hoping it's calm like it was last week since she will be with me!

Good luck everyone!
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #79
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran
 
BigGreen73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,769

Cool Dolls

Hmmm...WK #2 and Maleficiant is still available online. @ 13,000 LE looks like supply will meet demand.
__________________
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #80
glenpreece
DIS Veteran
 
glenpreece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,397

Got my Evil Queen doll with no problem our store had enough to supply those who were there. A lot of people brought somebody along to increase their chances but increased the number of names in the "cauldron" so even though there were more names than dolls everybody still got one. A guy even brought along a Princess doll from ;ast year to trade if he didn't get an Evil Queen, but he was about the 3rd named drawn
__________________
Who Run The World? GIRLS!!!
glenpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #81
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears
 
PrincessMarincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wonderland, California
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
Got my Evil Queen doll with no problem our store had enough to supply those who were there. A lot of people brought somebody along to increase their chances but increased the number of names in the "cauldron" so even though there were more names than dolls everybody still got one. A guy even brought along a Princess doll from ;ast year to trade if he didn't get an Evil Queen, but he was about the 3rd named drawn
I got the Queen in store today as well, but I was nervous the whole time! There were 19 dolls available and about 30 people showed at my store. I think I was the 5th name called. There were lots of people showing up with others to increase odds as well. It was interesting to see the men in line who said they were there for their wives lol, so cute.

Other then being worried about not receiving a doll the whole process went smoothly. It was my Second time going to the store to buy these designer dolls, and my first time walking away with one. I think I'll give it a try again for the other villainesses.
__________________

My Favorite Princesses
PrincessMarincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #82
Aurorabrir
Aurorabrir
 
Aurorabrir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 17

Got her!

My store was surprisingly easy to deal with today. It was my first in-store purchase. There were only 10 people there for 17 dolls so they didn't even do the drawing, just had us sign up, go out to lunch, and when we came back for the drawing they gave us all tags to get her. I have a feeling this will continue to be an easy process with so many dolls made. I kind of miss the mayhem from last time, but I'm glad the ebayers are calming down. Have you seen that Ariel and Aurora are still $300 plus? I wonder if the villain-craze will kick in or if it'll be smooth sailing from here on out. I'm glad my Maleficent has a new friend.
Aurorabrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #83
ChezaBelle
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18

I was lazy today and didn't go to my local Disney Store. Well, I had a doctor's appointment, and since Maleficent went so well I decided I would take my chances with the next two online. I'm just worried about how well Disney handles the shipping of their merchandise... I will not be a happy camper if my doll gets damaged But it's such along drive to the store...

But I have full intentions of going all out again for Ursula, Mother Gothel, and Cruella.
ChezaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #84
ReggieB
DIS Cast Member
I don't kiss cats anymore. I do like cats really, I just shouldn't kiss them
 
ReggieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezaBelle View Post
I was lazy today and didn't go to my local Disney Store. Well, I had a doctor's appointment, and since Maleficent went so well I decided I would take my chances with the next two online. I'm just worried about how well Disney handles the shipping of their merchandise... I will not be a happy camper if my doll gets damaged But it's such along drive to the store...

But I have full intentions of going all out again for Ursula, Mother Gothel, and Cruella.
My Maleficent doll arrived in two boxes. The original manufacturer to store box, and then a Disney Store box. She was in perfect condition. I was lucky with the Princesses too. They all arrived the same way.
__________________

2013: Disney Magic, Yacht Club Resort- WDW
2012: Grand Californian Resort, DL - Boardwalk Inn, WDW - Polynesian Resort, WDW - Disney Fantasy
2011: Boardwalk Inn
2010: Disney Magic - Beach Club Resort - MiraCosta (Tokyo Disney Resort)
2009: Yacht Club Resort - Grand Californian Resort, DL
2008: Yacht Club Resort - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disney Sea
2007: Disney Magic - Grand Floridian
2006: Grand Floridian - Disney Magic
2005: Beach Club Resort, Disney Wonder & Contemporary Resort - Wilderness Lodge
2004: Grand Floridian
2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge
1999: Coronado Springs
1995: Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris)
ReggieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #85
glenpreece
DIS Veteran
 
glenpreece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,397

The only others I'm interested in are Ursula and Cruella. I can't go to the store to get Cruella since I leave for WDW that Wed and have to work on Mon. The more I see Ursula the more I want her eventhough she's been slimmed WAY down
__________________
Who Run The World? GIRLS!!!
glenpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #86
Queenie122
Mouseketeer
 
Queenie122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 412

We had maybe 6 people show up today, way less than showed up last week! And my store STILL had dolls from last week!! Because of that our store was very lax about the whole thing and it was actually kind of annoying, they skipped over the people waiting outside where they told us to wait (4 of us) and just sold the dolls to the people who were inside. They said they checked and didn't see us? I don't know. Anyway, I got mine so I am happy.

I'm still not taking any chances but things are looking pretty good. I will still go back next week even though the store isn't very close. After that I may try ordering them online. I heard the other store in our area was much more crowded than this store and I don't doubt it, it's closer to NYC and definitely has more people to serve.
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:05 AM   #87
ChezaBelle
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieB

My Maleficent doll arrived in two boxes. The original manufacturer to store box, and then a Disney Store box. She was in perfect condition. I was lucky with the Princesses too. They all arrived the same way.
Thank you so much for the info! I'm now waiting on the Disney Store to make the Evil Queen available for purchase...
ChezaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #88
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran
 
GraceMonica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 649

So I decided early on that I wasn't going to purchase any of these dolls.

But I guess I talked myself into it.

After seeing that the first doll didn't go as fast as everyone anticipated, I knew I could safely go after the only one I wanted.

I sat in my bedroom contemplating if it was really worth $80. I looked up at my snow white designer doll. She sat pretty next to Cinderella. I then thought to myself how cool it would be if I got the evil queen to sit next to her.

So I ended up buying the evil queen today. Which means I will need to purchase another shelf so cindy can move out into her own place.

Oh man. No regrets, and it was just the thing to get me my disney fix!

Thankfully Cinderella and Belle don't have a villain in the designer doll line...otherwise, my wallet would be hurting much worse!

I pray they don't come out with designer princes...because then I wont be able to resist...
__________________
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #89
krispin41
DIS Veteran
 
krispin41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica
So I decided early on that I wasn't going to purchase any of these dolls.

But I guess I talked myself into it.

After seeing that the first doll didn't go as fast as everyone anticipated, I knew I could safely go after the only one I wanted.

I sat in my bedroom contemplating if it was really worth $80. I looked up at my snow white designer doll. She sat pretty next to Cinderella. I then thought to myself how cool it would be if I got the evil queen to sit next to her.

So I ended up buying the evil queen today. Which means I will need to purchase another shelf so cindy can move out into her own place.

Oh man. No regrets, and it was just the thing to get me my disney fix!

Thankfully Cinderella and Belle don't have a villain in the designer doll line...otherwise, my wallet would be hurting much worse!

I pray they don't come out with designer princes...because then I wont be able to resist...
You sound like me, always have to complete the set. LOL. Enjoy your new dolls!
krispin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #90
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran
 
GraceMonica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 649

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin41

You sound like me, always have to complete the set. LOL. Enjoy your new dolls!
Thanks! Im only getting the evil queen! I have to get the mug and journal as well though, since I have both of those for snow white...and it would be silly not to get them. Once payday comes around, and if they're still on the site, that's what ill do! Disney always finds a way to take my money! Grrrrr!
__________________
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: