Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #106
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

I always offer mine too. So IDK

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #107
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

Has anyone called today and recieved the hotel discount? I am thinking of switching from staying at Shades of green to Art OF Animation during our stay!!
Mariellen102 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #108
kirrrby
We're all mad here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
Separated from the military or from your spouse lol? I just offer my ID each time we've used the hotel discount so I didn't know if they actually ask for it.
Spouse.

"Yo ho, yo ho a Navy life for me"

I've eaten at 183 out of 241 restaurants at Walt Disney World (76%)

kirrrby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #109
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

That's how I interpreted it the first time, but then everyone else seemed to take it as military. You shouldn't have any problem getting the discount as long as you have the ID. Have fun.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #110
kirrrby
We're all mad here....

I called today only to speak with someone who was curt about the discount. He said he couldn't apply it to my resort reservation because they emailed everyone and said don't apply it. He said I could call back mid-week this coming week to see if it is book-able.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #111
havingadisneyday
Are we there yet?

I actually called last night not 10 minutes after I got Steve's website email (Thanks again, Steve!!) and got a super nice lady who did not know about the discount, and looked for it, but came back and said she was going to make the reservation, but to call next week after it was "official" and have it added on, no problem (AoA). So Yay!! Now, my other question is I wonder if we can buy 2 sets of those discounted tickets? We'll be staying 9 days, so 4 days/4days would still be cheaper than buying a park hopper for 8 days... I would think as long as we didn't go over the six ticket limit, it would work out ok. Of course the only one who has a military ID is the 9-year-old, so here's hoping she can buy 6 tickets!! ?? Do you know how that works, Steve, (or anybody)?
Old 08-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #112
fitzy819
Mouseketeer

I called again for the gazillionth time (ok, only like 5th time haha) and I was told that they still were not able to use that PIN at this time. After talking with the CM though I decided to go ahead and book and then call back later to apply the discount. YAY!!!! I was just too anxious about not getting the room I wanted to wait any longer lol.

Sooo, we have a Contemporary Club Level room booked for 5 days next year!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!
fitzy819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #113
kirrrby
We're all mad here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by havingadisneyday View Post
I actually called last night not 10 minutes after I got Steve's website email (Thanks again, Steve!!) and got a super nice lady who did not know about the discount, and looked for it, but came back and said she was going to make the reservation, but to call next week after it was "official" and have it added on, no problem (AoA). So Yay!! Now, my other question is I wonder if we can buy 2 sets of those discounted tickets? We'll be staying 9 days, so 4 days/4days would still be cheaper than buying a park hopper for 8 days... I would think as long as we didn't go over the six ticket limit, it would work out ok. Of course the only one who has a military ID is the 9-year-old, so here's hoping she can buy 6 tickets!! ?? Do you know how that works, Steve, (or anybody)?
I'm not sure if it's changed with the different prices but we bought two sets for each person back in December. We had two people with I.d.s (not related i.d.s though). I filled my 6 tickets and the other person bought their two. We were able to activate the first set, and after they were done we activated the others.

My question is.... if you have existing days on an old ticket can you use the ticket with this new promotion since it's already been activated and used? I have one day left on mine from December 2011.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #114
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

1. All current Armed Forces Salute Tickets, whether or not they have been activated, will expire at Midnight on September 30, 2012 even if they have not been sued. Effective October 1 that will not be valid for anything.

2. Nothing has officially been announced by WDW Ticketing Operations concerning any subsequent promotions, so anything that you hear is still rumor.

3. If similar rules are followed, the tickets wiull still require that either the service member, spouse, or unremarried widow will be the only people who can activate the tickets and they must be physically present at a WDW ticket or Guest Relations window.

4. I have a personal hope, but it is not up to me for this decision, that they allow any current AFS tickets which are activated between September 21 and September 30 have a 14 day expiration, which will allow people to activate them prior to expiration and use them through October 4th. This is a thought and is no way to be considered official in any way. I did mention it to someone in ticketing who said it might be considered.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #115
kirrrby
We're all mad here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
1. All current Armed Forces Salute Tickets, whether or not they have been activated, will expire at Midnight on September 30, 2012 even if they have not been sued. Effective October 1 that will not be valid for anything.

2. Nothing has officially been announced by WDW Ticketing Operations concerning any subsequent promotions, so anything that you hear is still rumor.

3. If similar rules are followed, the tickets wiull still require that either the service member, spouse, or unremarried widow will be the only people who can activate the tickets and they must be physically present at a WDW ticket or Guest Relations window.

4. I have a personal hope, but it is not up to me for this decision, that they allow any current AFS tickets which are activated between September 21 and September 30 have a 14 day expiration, which will allow people to activate them prior to expiration and use them through October 4th. This is a thought and is no way to be considered official in any way. I did mention it to someone in ticketing who said it might be considered.
Well that's a bummer. Thanks though.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #116
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Just reporting ~ a couple of other people have reported being able to book tonight...not sure if that means they opened it back up?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #117
VirataMama4
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us: Currently- New Orleans, 09-12- DC

Quote:
This is from the Disney site with the info on the Armed Forces Salute tickets for the CURRENT offer (expiring 9/2012) It only says that the Service member or Spouse can buy tickets, it doesn't say anything about dependents, which I'm assuming the 9 yr old is. Also, see #3 in Cheshire's post.

Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased now through September 27, 2012 at participating U.S. military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #118
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Your 9 Year old cannot buy you tickets.

Dependents, other than spouses, are not eligible to buy these tickets. You will have to pay full price. Tickets are for service members and spouses to purchase only.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #119
havingadisneyday
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
Your 9 Year old cannot buy you tickets.

Dependents, other than spouses, are not eligible to buy these tickets. You will have to pay full price. Tickets are for service members and spouses to purchase only.

ehhhh.... she did two years ago... and no one batted an eye. At that time we were told that as long as she is a military dependent and carries a current military ID, then she is eligible for all military discounts (even at Lowes, lol). So THAT part we weren't concerned with... the part I was wondering about was buying six tickets instead of three.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #120
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
ehhhh.... she did two years ago... and no one batted an eye. At that time we were told that as long as she is a military dependent and carries a current military ID, then she is eligible for all military discounts (even at Lowes, lol). So THAT part we weren't concerned with... the part I was wondering about was buying six tickets instead of three.
Then you seriously got away with one. Read the official rules.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: