Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #16
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary
 
PrincessSuzanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phenix City, Alabama/War Eagle...Go Tigers
Posts: 9,555

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
Us too. My husband wanted to wait until around Christmas, but I'm not taking my chances. We have three tickets left to use and a 40% discount, by goodness we're going to use them while the gettin' is good.
Yeah, I just need to get in one more trip. My in-laws ruined our trip last month, so DH and I are making it up.

If there is no extension, this will be our last trip until next June and I don't want to wait that long. To extend it would mean more money in Disney's pocket, but it's their choice!
__________________
PrincessSuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #17
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal
 
crostorfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
Posts: 2,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Yeah, I just need to get in one more trip. My in-laws ruined our trip last month, so DH and I are making it up.

If there is no extension, this will be our last trip until next June and I don't want to wait that long. To extend it would mean more money in Disney's pocket, but it's their choice!
This is our DD's last year as a Disney "kid" so this will be our last trip for a while, at least until they complete HP 2.0 in 2014, and even then we'll probably stay on site at Universal or at Shades of Green. It's time to venture on to other places next year, possibly Hawaii. I think it sucks that they consider a 10 year old an adult, but it's their business.
__________________
WDW: Apr 95', Sept 10', May 11', Sept 11', Aug 12', Mar 14' Oct 14'
DL: Feb 13'
US/IoA: Sept 10', Aug 12' Oct 14'

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #18
DisGirl819
Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!
 
DisGirl819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
This is our DD's last year as a Disney "kid" so this will be our last trip for a while, at least until they complete HP 2.0 in 2014, and even then we'll probably stay on site at Universal or at Shades of Green. It's time to venture on to other places next year, possibly Hawaii. I think it sucks that they consider a 10 year old an adult, but it's their business.
Oh definitely venture to Hawaii! We love Hawaii. I'm always torn between vacationing in hawaii and WDW
__________________
Me DH DD (6) DS (4)

DLR: 2010, 2009, 2008...back to first trip 1990
WDW: 1985, 1996, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CSR, CBR, AKV-K, BCV, BC-CL, POFQ, WL, CR

DisGirl819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #19
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary
 
PrincessSuzanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phenix City, Alabama/War Eagle...Go Tigers
Posts: 9,555

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
This is our DD's last year as a Disney "kid" so this will be our last trip for a while, at least until they complete HP 2.0 in 2014, and even then we'll probably stay on site at Universal or at Shades of Green. It's time to venture on to other places next year, possibly Hawaii. I think it sucks that they consider a 10 year old an adult, but it's their business.
We don't have children, so no worries there. We have never been to Universal and just ventured over to Sea World in January for the first time since we started going to WDW in June 2005.

I think it's crazy that they consider a 10 year old an adult, at least knock it up to 13 or 15.

We have been so many places this year, just for short trips, but we have seen some great places. I don't fly, so it's difficult to go a lot of places.

We are considering either going to Disneyland or on a Disney cruise next June for my 40th birthday. It would be a long drive from AL to CA, so it may be a cruise.
__________________
PrincessSuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #20
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal
 
crostorfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
Posts: 2,742

Well, the fact that they are announcing a free dining discount for the fall looks promising. At least they have confirmed that there will be SOME discounts, let's hope they include the military discount as well.
__________________
WDW: Apr 95', Sept 10', May 11', Sept 11', Aug 12', Mar 14' Oct 14'
DL: Feb 13'
US/IoA: Sept 10', Aug 12' Oct 14'

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #21
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran
 
NoOrdinaryPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
Well, the fact that they are announcing a free dining discount for the fall looks promising. At least they have confirmed that there will be SOME discounts, let's hope they include the military discount as well.
I hope this is true.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #22
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal
 
crostorfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
Posts: 2,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess

I hope this is true.
Steve at Military Disney Tips was able to confirm that the current offer will NOT be extended and will indeed die on October 1st. That doesn't mean there won't be a new offer possibly, but the $138 tickets are going bye bye for certain.
__________________
WDW: Apr 95', Sept 10', May 11', Sept 11', Aug 12', Mar 14' Oct 14'
DL: Feb 13'
US/IoA: Sept 10', Aug 12' Oct 14'

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #23
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary
 
PrincessSuzanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phenix City, Alabama/War Eagle...Go Tigers
Posts: 9,555

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
Steve at Military Disney Tips was able to confirm that the current offer will NOT be extended and will indeed die on October 1st. That doesn't mean there won't be a new offer possibly, but the $138 tickets are going bye bye for certain.
I kind of figured that, but they really do need to have something else, and I actually prefer the discounted tickets, because for us, they are the biggest expense. I can find other ways to get a room discount, but that is nice, too.
__________________
PrincessSuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #24
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal
 
crostorfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
Posts: 2,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne

I kind of figured that, but they really do need to have something else, and I actually prefer the discounted tickets, because for us, they are the biggest expense. I can find other ways to get a room discount, but that is nice, too.
I know what you mean. People get all excited about free dining, but it wouldn't look like a good deal to me whatsoever. Less than half price tickets and 30-40% off your room stay kind of make free dining pale in comparison. I can't see paying $1000 for tickets for the three of us for tickets that I paid $495 for previously. With no military ticket offer, we'll move on from Disney.
__________________
WDW: Apr 95', Sept 10', May 11', Sept 11', Aug 12', Mar 14' Oct 14'
DL: Feb 13'
US/IoA: Sept 10', Aug 12' Oct 14'

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #25
kirrrby
We're all mad here....
 
kirrrby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,908

I understand that General Public ticket prices have indeed raised since the promotion has started. I wouldn't mind them going up a bit on the promo price since it saved so much money. I would however prefer the room discount to stay because it's been higher than the AP discount (parents have AP's) and the General Public discounts.
__________________

"Yo ho, yo ho a Navy life for me"



I've eaten at 183 out of 241 restaurants at Walt Disney World (76%)


kirrrby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #26
appleorchard
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,480

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
Steve at Military Disney Tips was able to confirm that the current offer will NOT be extended and will indeed die on October 1st. That doesn't mean there won't be a new offer possibly, but the $138 tickets are going bye bye for certain.
He doesn't exactly say that there won't be any more $138 tickets; he says this promotion, which was the 2 year, 12 ticket promo is going away. But that's a good thing for those of us who have already used our 12 tickets! With the increase in tickets, I'd expect a new deal would be slightly more expensive. Of course, they might cut the deal altogether. We have APs, so it doesn't affect us directly, but it DOES affect the people we often take with us.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #27
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary
 
PrincessSuzanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phenix City, Alabama/War Eagle...Go Tigers
Posts: 9,555

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
I know what you mean. People get all excited about free dining, but it wouldn't look like a good deal to me whatsoever. Less than half price tickets and 30-40% off your room stay kind of make free dining pale in comparison. I can't see paying $1000 for tickets for the three of us for tickets that I paid $495 for previously. With no military ticket offer, we'll move on from Disney.
Free dining has never made since for us at all and we hardly ever get the DDP anymore anyway, we did in January, but it made since with the places we were eating.

The ticket prices is what keeps us going back. We might get AP's for next year, we should have gotten them in January, but didn't think we were going as many times this year as we have, you know hind sight. I know we will probably be going at least 2 or 3 times next year, but the AP room rates aren't as good as the Military rates.

I am so addicted to Disney, I don't know how I will move on, but I might have to. We want to go to US and IOA once, but the prices haven't been right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirrrby View Post
I understand that General Public ticket prices have indeed raised since the promotion has started. I wouldn't mind them going up a bit on the promo price since it saved so much money. I would however prefer the room discount to stay because it's been higher than the AP discount (parents have AP's) and the General Public discounts.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind them going up a little bit, but hey still need to have some kind of promotion. I mean we have taken so many more trips with these $138 tickets than we would ever have taken otherwise, I would think Disney woiuld realize that, more trips means more money, even with the discount. Food and merchandise is discounted and we buy alot of that stuff.

As I said above, we may consider getting AP's for Christmas to use next year. The AP rate has been less than the Military rate, closer to the GP discount, it used to be the best discount out there, when we had AP's.


Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
He doesn't exactly say that there won't be any more $138 tickets; he says this promotion, which was the 2 year, 12 ticket promo is going away. But that's a good thing for those of us who have already used our 12 tickets! With the increase in tickets, I'd expect a new deal would be slightly more expensive. Of course, they might cut the deal altogether. We have APs, so it doesn't affect us directly, but it DOES affect the people we often take with us.

We are about to use the last 2 of our 12 over Labor Day weekend, really need something for next year, I want to go back in February, June, and late Sept or Oct. We have stayed away from AP's because the AFS tickets were so reasonable.

I expect that if there wil be a deal, it will be last minute, who knows.
__________________
PrincessSuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #28
kirrrby
We're all mad here....
 
kirrrby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,908

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Free dining has never made since for us at all and we hardly ever get the DDP anymore anyway, we did in January, but it made since with the places we were eating.

As I said above, we may consider getting AP's for Christmas to use next year. The AP rate has been less than the Military rate, closer to the GP discount, it used to be the best discount out there, when we had AP's.
We've never done Free Dining. The prices just don't reflect savings for us since we don't eat as much as the Dining plan offers. We rarely eat dessert when dining because walking around the park full is miserable. We usually split meals because the portions are so big. Plus with the restaurants we go to I'd prefer a room discount over the price of the Premium Dining plan or whichever one offers more TS credits than snacks.

Also my parents took the plunge of getting the AP even though we live 9.5 hours from Disney in April. My dad has already gone twice this year, my mom once and we're planning a trip to Food and Wine in October and then possibly a Christmas trip. It doesn't make sense for me to get one with the military ticket promotion but I might just have to get the AP now. Oh and we also LOVE Tables in Wonderland card especially dining at TS restaurants all the time.
__________________

"Yo ho, yo ho a Navy life for me"



I've eaten at 183 out of 241 restaurants at Walt Disney World (76%)


kirrrby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #29
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary
 
PrincessSuzanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phenix City, Alabama/War Eagle...Go Tigers
Posts: 9,555

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirrrby View Post
We've never done Free Dining. The prices just don't reflect savings for us since we don't eat as much as the Dining plan offers. We rarely eat dessert when dining because walking around the park full is miserable. We usually split meals because the portions are so big. Plus with the restaurants we go to I'd prefer a room discount over the price of the Premium Dining plan or whichever one offers more TS credits than snacks.

Also my parents took the plunge of getting the AP even though we live 9.5 hours from Disney in April. My dad has already gone twice this year, my mom once and we're planning a trip to Food and Wine in October and then possibly a Christmas trip. It doesn't make sense for me to get one with the military ticket promotion but I might just have to get the AP now. Oh and we also LOVE Tables in Wonderland card especially dining at TS restaurants all the time.
Well, we don't always use the dining plan, but it was more cost effective in January, because we were doing Hoop De Doo and Yachtsman. We used the DxDDp for 3 nights and the regular DDP for 4 nights and it just came out less expensive. I don't think it would ever be cost effective in the summer, because it is too hot to eat that much. And now with the 2013 prices, I can't see it working. We share CS meals sometimes and don't eat dessert and hardly ever have a snack.

We loved having AP's and TiW card, it saved so much, but there was a time that we couldn't go as often and the AFS tickets were less expensive.

I want to go to Food and Wine and Christmas this year, but DH used all his vacation in January and he works most holidays, maybe next year.
__________________
PrincessSuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #30
kirrrby
We're all mad here....
 
kirrrby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,908

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
I want to go to Food and Wine and Christmas this year, but DH used all his vacation in January and he works most holidays, maybe next year.
This will be my first time to F&W but Dbf doesn't care for Disney (He's more rollercoasters and thrill rides) so I just tag along with my parents since they're more into Disney than I can ever hope Dbf to be. I love going at Christmas it's so magical during that time, it's usually our "go-to" time.
__________________

"Yo ho, yo ho a Navy life for me"



I've eaten at 183 out of 241 restaurants at Walt Disney World (76%)


kirrrby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.