Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

A little "Insider Information" about ABD and ABD/DCL

I have a little "Insider Information" from ABD (the person who told me said it was totally fine to share!).

First, it looks like the 2015 ABD itineraries will be coming out in late May again. (I think this was reported by DisneyKevin a little while back. I don't think it's any secret, but I did have it confirmed today).

The new info is in regards to the new cruise itineraries that DCL just announced, and ABD/DCL add-ons.

Quote:
Adventures by Disney will be offering pre-packages in Copenhagen and London, as well as embedded packages on the 7 and 12 night Baltic sailings. The ABD/DCL pre-packages and embedded packages will go on sale around June 18th.
My source also added:
Quote:
I can tease one thing here: our embedded packages will be ABBA-solutely awesome.
I'll be interested to see the itineraries. I might be interested in one of these in 2015! (Except I know DCL will be horrendously expensive for a solo traveler. Conundrums, conundrums!)

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #2
bliscum
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. Will wait to see if they offer Copenhagen pre with the 11 night cruise.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2014, 05:45 AM   #3
paddles
Mouseketeer

OMG - you made my day!!

I just booked a 12 day Baltic cruise for July 2015, and depending on the ABD, I may downgrade my room a little to have the $$ to spend on the ABD. I just hope they don't make it so ridiculously expensive that it prices me out...
paddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Interesting Tobi. I'll be watching for a post-TA package in Copenhagen.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:02 AM   #5
OhanaCuz
Earning My Ears

Wow, funny you should mention that. A friend of mine went to an Abba museum last week!
OhanaCuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaCuz View Post
Wow, funny you should mention that. A friend of mine went to an Abba museum last week!
Where in the world is that?

Sayhello
Old 03-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #7
WDWMaggie
Earning My Ears

Yay! I'm so excited. I figured they would add the packages, but am so glad that it's been "confirmed". I'm on the 7 night Baltic and we absolutely plan to add on ABD.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #8
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Thanks, SayHello for getting and posting this info. We just booked the 7/10/15 12-night Baltics and were hoping for an ABD add-on! I'm not sure I want to think about the cost since we are also doing the Norway/Iceland cruise as a B2B with the Baltics, but I know the ABD add-on will be very tempting. Can't wait to see details on June 18. The ABBA museum is in Stockholm, by the way.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Northern Europe)
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #9
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I have a little "Insider Information" from ABD (the person who told me said it was totally fine to share!).

My source also added:
I'll be interested to see the itineraries. I might be interested in one of these in 2015! (Except I know DCL will be horrendously expensive for a solo traveler. Conundrums, conundrums!)

Sayhello
Thanks so much for the info, SayHello! You must have been listening to Calfan and I talk, LOL. We both just booked B2B 11-night Norway/Iceland and the 12-Night Baltics. We'd heard speculation of no ABD for Norway/Iceland because it's a one time itinerary, but we were hopeful about the Baltics portion. So excited. Now I need to start saving my pennies . . . or rather, my gold pieces I'm sure it's not going to be cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddles View Post
OMG - you made my day!!

I just booked a 12 day Baltic cruise for July 2015, and depending on the ABD, I may downgrade my room a little to have the $$ to spend on the ABD. I just hope they don't make it so ridiculously expensive that it prices me out...
We're on the July 10th! And ditto from me. I suspect it will be in the same range as the 12 night Venice/Med from 2014 though, which was in the $3200 range?
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:05 AM   #10
OhanaCuz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Where in the world is that? Sayhello
Stockholm Sweden

They got some funny pics from there.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:39 PM   #11
TexasMouseFan
Mouseketeer

This is great news! This matches exactly with what I had heard. I too am on a B2B with the Iceland trip and would love to join an ABD add-on for the Baltics. We did the Med Magic ABD add-on for our Med with Greece cruise in 2013. It was a FANTASTIC experience!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:37 PM   #12
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
Thanks, SayHello for getting and posting this info. We just booked the 7/10/15 12-night Baltics and were hoping for an ABD add-on! I'm not sure I want to think about the cost since we are also doing the Norway/Iceland cruise as a B2B with the Baltics, but I know the ABD add-on will be very tempting. Can't wait to see details on June 18. The ABBA museum is in Stockholm, by the way.
Quote:
Stockholm Sweden

They got some funny pics from there.
I do love ABBA. I may have to make it there someday!

Sayhello
Old 03-29-2014, 11:38 PM   #13
alagille
Mouseketeer

Nuts, I was hoping Norway had the embedded ABD also. Copenhagen pre would be nice though, too.
alagille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:06 AM   #14
OhanaCuz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I do love ABBA. I may have to make it there someday!

Sayhello
There's a part where the have mannequins on a stage in Abba costumes and a microphone stand you go up to and can get your picture taken with. The pics were hilarious
Old 03-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #15
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
There's a part where the have mannequins on a stage in Abba costumes and a microphone stand you go up to and can get your picture taken with. The pics were hilarious
Oh, that sounds fun!

Sayhello

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: