Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #571
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I really love this photo of you taking a photo!

Sorry Raglan Road was a disappointment for you. The atmosphere of a restaurant really can change the experience! Besides the dancing, I don't know if I'd ever really have the desire to eat there either, and your description sounds like it's not a place we would really enjoy. That would drive me CRAZY if someone kept bumping into my seat like that!! And like you, I am big on BREAD, so if the bread is not good, it sets a bad tone for the meal for me.
Haha, thanks. We have a ton of those pictures of the other person taking pictures!

I recently read a review about the restaurant during lunch, and I think that that'd be the time to go to try the food since I don't think there's entertainment at that time. But I just didn't personally like the food too much. There are so many other places that fit our tastes that we'd prefer to try instead ... places with fabulous bread or bread service like Kona Cafe! Whoops, I'm getting ahead of myself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - sounds like Raglan Road was crazy that night. I have only eaten there once and we were not in the main dining room. My DH and I have an ADR there for June and I'm looking forward to eating in the main room. I guess once I have a couple beers the loudness won't bother me as much.

Your appetizer looks amazing and I enjoyed all your pictures - especially the ones of the ceiling!
I just looked at the AllEars review of the place earlier today, and they have so many other eating areas off to the side. I'm pretty sure those areas would have been much better for what we're used to! I wish there was an option because I'm sure others would have loved to be in the main dining room! I can totally see why others would really enjoy it.

Yes, the appetizer is something I'd recommend! I don't drink beer, but it just seems like it'd go PERFECTLY with some cold beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Sorry you both didn't enjoy Raglan Road. At least you can say you've tried it!

I've always wondered how loud it is in there. Most people don't comment on that. I'm with you, I don't like it to be loud when I eat.
Yeah, I'd definitely still be thinking about it if we didn't just try it for ourselves! I know most people probably won't be affected by the volume, but sometimes I get really sensitive to consistently loud sounds. I mean, it bugs me when I first get on the Nemo ride because I think those speakers really need to be adjusted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
First of all- LOVE the Gilmore Girls.

Second of all- Sorry you didn't enjoy Raglan Road. I have been there a few times now and I have to say I much prefer it for a late lunch after spending the morning shopping than a dinner. It is never full. You can appreciate the beauty of the room much more with the natural light. And it is MUCH MUCH MUCH quieter. Dinner is definitely an upbeat loud time. More of a "Grab a few pints with friends' type atmosphere in my opinion. Lunch is more tame. Though there isn't any dancing or live music. You might want to give it a second chance- just a thought! I understand if you don't though! At least you tried it!
Gilmore Girls is by far the greatest show ever! I've watched each season millions of times. I had to get the DVD box sets right away as each season was released.

We definitely would have enjoyed going during the lunch hour. It probably didn't help that we were at Epcot earlier as well so we were already feeling tired. A long day at DTD and then a late lunch sounds much more fitting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Ooh, how's Flickr? I really want to switch over from photobucket, too.

I know what you mean, I like places I eat at to look clean and well-kept. That's one of the reasons I'm not a big fan of Cracker Barrel, hahah. Those always seem really dusty to me... I'm weird. ANYWAYS.

Oh darn, I'm sorry your meal wasn't all that. I totally get it though... super loud places like that make me really uncomfortable as well. I could NEVER go to a club. Ick! Hahaha. Your appetizer looks really yummy, at least! I want to try this place someday... but probably at lunch! EARLY lunch.
I'm liking Flickr better at this point because it's easy to choose the size of the picture you want. There's only a certain amount of space to upload per month, but I think that'll be okay for me since I don't update as often, haha. I actually am almost out of my allowed space for this month since I have the next 3-4 updates already finished since I was home sick for the past 3 days and had nothing to do while sitting on the couch. I think it'll be okay though because from what I understand, I'll get to upload the certain amount next month again. My husband also explained that they only show the most recent 200 on your photostream but that the links still work for blogs and stuff. That's fine by me because I'm only using it as a host so as long as the links are fine afterwards even if they don't show up on the photostream, it should be good!

Haha, it's funny that I'm actually fine with Cracker Barrel! I don't think it's the greatest place with it's busy atmosphere and the wooden tables and chairs, but I think I was dying to eat there for so long that I just accepted it all as like, homestyle southern flair!

I could never go to a club either! I think I'd huddle in the corner and just cover my ears and close my eyes. Yeah, I'd definitely recommend lunch and that appetizer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
DD and I had a similar experience at Raglan Road. Our server was absolutely horrible - one of the worst I've had anywhere. The food was just meh and it was loud and crowded. It didn't make me anxious to go back! If I did I'd probably try it at lunchtime.
Oh okay, so I'm not the only one who thought that about the restaurant! Previously, I really had only seen glowing reviews of Raglan Road. I can see why some people might like it, but it's just not really for our tastes or for our preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Haha, Gotham! Danananananana- Batman! I totally meant Animal Kingdom I think!

Sad about Raglan Road not bring great. I wanna try it sometime but I never get to DTD to eat anywhere but quick service...

I hope your day gets better!
HAHA, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what Gotham meant! I was searching every part of my brain especially since I just recently watched Dark Knight Rises. I'm so late in the whole movie game.

We don't typically eat at the sit down places at DTD either, but we figured we'd do so for our honeymoon. I think I'd like to have some appetizers at Paradiso 37 though. That crazy corn looks like something I'd enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight View Post
Hello!

So I'm catching up, so this comment goes back to the Living with the Land post.

It is funny, how compelling it is to photograph that ride, even if it's just plants. And the fish. And the alligators. I had alligator once, it was terrible. I'm not sure if it was just cooked badly or what, but it was gross. Or maybe it was crocodile. Either way...

I also find Dr. Nigel in the moon quite creepy. It just looks so weird! But the butterfly optical illusion is cool.

And Captain EO IS mind blowing! I agree, way better than Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. I think I went on that once or twice when I was a kid and vowed to never go on it again. I don't remember why.

And what, there's like a house model in Innovations? So weird. I've never even heard of it.
Yay for catching up! Haha you're so right about taking pictures on Living with the Land. It's just automatic even when I tell myself NOT to take pictures!

Yeah, there are a few things I like seeing in Figment, but that moon makes me cringe! If I had to ride that by myself, I think I'd panic!

I was scared of HISTA when I was younger because of the feeling of the mice at your feet and the big snake or lion or something that came at you.

Yup! It seems so strange for that house to be inside the Innoventions building, but it's right there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Ahh, I'm sorry you didn't like Raglan Road! I can definitely see how it's not for everyone-- it has a very specific atmosphere. The food does look delicious from the photos, though! We're going in August-- I can't wait to try the battered mini sausages. There's a place in the Bronx where my dad lives that does battered sausages-- they're a heart attack on a plate, but so yummy!!
Ooo, yeah, the sausages were really good. I just wouldn't suggest ordering a meal that includes sausage after eating a ton of those appetizers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh, bummer on Raglan Road. I am just like you with the noise, movement, etc. I couldn't do it for long either. I like to be able to hear myself think. Well, now you can say you tried it and don't have to go back if you don't choose to. Onto better things!
There are so many other restaurants that we're eager to try, so we won't make it back to Raglan Road any time soon!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #572
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

We didn't care for Raglan Road either. I guess I'm just not a "pub" type of person. It was too loud for us and our food was just okay. There's just way too many restaurants I love and want to try to go back!

I'm loving every update!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #573
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy Raglan Road! Maybe you could go back in the middle of an afternoon and try the Pie in the Sky. I bet it would be much more quiet!

I think it's so nice that you're still giddy about calling your husband "my husband". I think that can be nothing but a good and positive sign. And darn adorable, too.

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #574
RachelNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
We didn't care for Raglan Road either. I guess I'm just not a "pub" type of person. It was too loud for us and our food was just okay. There's just way too many restaurants I love and want to try to go back!

I'm loving every update!
Yeah, we're not pub people either. I'm glad we tried it, but I hate that it wasn't a good experience. We really aren't picky at all, so it's disappointing when something is "bad" enough that we just wouldn't go again.

I'm glad you're still enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy Raglan Road! Maybe you could go back in the middle of an afternoon and try the Pie in the Sky. I bet it would be much more quiet!

I think it's so nice that you're still giddy about calling your husband "my husband". I think that can be nothing but a good and positive sign. And darn adorable, too.
Absolutely! I know it'd be such a different atmosphere as seen in other trip reports that have lunch time reviews. There are still so many other restaurants to try though. I think I'd try eating in the UK in World Showcase first though!

Yeah, I still love the guy, hehe. I'm glad that the little things still get us super excited. We haven't gotten sick of each other yet~

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

Old 03-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #575
RachelNinja

End of Our Second Full Disney Day

After our dinner at Raglan Road, we slowly walked back to the bus stops by the Marketplace since we knew where they were and didn't want to search for bus stops anywhere else. That also meant hopping back to World of Disney so I could mae a final decision about those bride ears! I finally decided NOT to get them since it was already a day into our honeymoon and because I have sunglasses that I put on top of my head. Plus, I just couldn't justify the cost. Oh well. Looking back on it now, I guess I'm glad that I didn't get them. It's not as if Disney doesn't offer a million other things to purchase as souvenirs!

Howard snapped a quick picture of one of my favorite rooms. I think it's because it's not as large as others that I don't feel as overwhelmed. I think those Minnie totes are pretty cute but they shout DISNEY quite loudly. Haha, I think it'd totally be okay if I were an older lady that had a million totes for a million occasions, but since I can really only have one or two, I've instead chosen to have LL Bean Boat & Totes. You've seen the big one at the beginning of the trip report because I use it as my carry-on for trips, but recently, I purchased the medium size with the short handles again so I can use it for church and such. I don't think I'd feel as comfortable using a really loud Disney one for such occasions!

With that quick peek, we were ready to go home. Just in case the wait for the bus or the ride itself was too long, we wanted to go to the bathroom first. I've heard the horror stories of crazy waits for DTD buses. Howard snapped a picture of this as he waited. I think it was a customer relations type place? Not sure.

Haha, never mind. Guess it was for stroller and wheelchair rentals!

I thought it was funny how they sold the nighttime glow things at DTD too. Any opportunity to sell something to a kid who thinks it's a must have in the dark!

These were the restrooms we used. Haha, Howard really does take pictures of everything.

DTD can be pretty at night with the lights on the trees. I don't know that I ever saw these before because my dad is the kind of person that is bored at DTD after an hour and wants to leave.

We were ready to head back home! We saw the HUGE group of people waiting at the bus stops! There were actually security CMs in the area directing people where to go and keeping the lines in order since they had to be broken up to allow others to walk through. I was thinking, "Oh no, it's going to be ages until we get home!" But the AKL was farther in, and there weren't many people there. There wasn't an issue at all waiting and getting a seat. There was, however, an issue with the volume of the music! Haha, take a look at the video and I'll explain what happened.

VIDEO: Loud Music on Bus

In the video, you might be able to hear my speaking. That was my normal speaking volume to show you just how loud the music was. Another passenger on the bus went up to the driver to ask her to turn the music down. Later on, we found out that the driver had no choice but to leave the music on really loud because she was moving. She explained that she was not allowed to touch the music controls while the bus was in motion so during those short pauses, she was doing her best to turn it down. She apologized for the crazy volume! Haha, it was just a hilarious moment because it was on for quite some time, and we were all so confused as to why that was okay, haha.

I think I closed my eyes during this drive home because it took a little longer than the bus rides to and from the parks. But thankfully, we were in no rush, and we got back to the AKL bus stops to take our walk back up to the resort and our room.

We loved being able to walk through the gift shop if it was still open because it cut down on our time being on our feet although at the same time, it meant we strolled through the rows of souvenirs to purchase, so maybe it meant we were on our feet even longer! Of course, the Zawadi Marketplace has very unique things to buy as compared to other resort gift shops.

My silly husband with his big head! Haha, he couldn't fit that hat on his head. I've probably said it before, but I like that he has a big head because I do too! I think I'd feel insecure if my husband's head was smaller than mine. When I take pictures with my cousins and friends who have smaller heads, I feel monstrous!

Haha, much better choice to have an Indy-style hat.

Gotta love all the AKL-specific shirts. Later on in the trip, I found one that I liked.

At first I thought all those giraffes were odd souvenirs and wondered who would want them. But then I saw all those giraffes outside on the savanna and thought that it'd be such a fabulous memory of the giraffes right outside the balcony or outside Sanaa during a trip!

It was finally time to head back to the room to sleep for the next Disney day!

Old 03-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #576
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post

DTD can be pretty at night with the lights on the trees. I don't know that I ever saw these before because my dad is the kind of person that is bored at DTD after an hour and wants to leave.
I could stay in DTD for hours!
I am pretty excited about the new things that are coming for DTD/Disney Springs. (Not crazy about the name, but I imagine I will adjust.)

Quote:

We loved being able to walk through the gift shop if it was still open because it cut down on our time being on our feet although at the same time, it meant we strolled through the rows of souvenirs to purchase, so maybe it meant we were on our feet even longer! Of course, the Zawadi Marketplace has very unique things to buy as compared to other resort gift shops.

I live Zawadi!!! Some of the things in there remind me of things my dad had collected on his travels in the Air Force, so I always think of him when I am in there.

Quote:
Haha, much better choice to have an Indy-style hat.

Very adventurous looking.

Quote:
Gotta love all the AKL-specific shirts.

Yep.

Quote:
At first I thought all those giraffes were odd souvenirs and wondered who would want them. But then I saw all those giraffes outside on the savanna and thought that it'd be such a fabulous memory of the giraffes right outside the balcony or outside Sanaa during a trip!
Especially nice for those who don't care for 'in your face' Disney things. I bought a giraffe for a giraffe-loving DIS friend one time. She loved i!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #577
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

I don't think we've ever done DTD at night but we're thinking this year we might.

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #578
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I like walking around DTD at night but sometimes it can be SO crowded that it's not as enjoyable. Weekends can be downright awful! But we can't take a Disney trip and not make at least one visit to World of Disney. It just isn't possible!!

Wow that loud music on the bus!! I guess I can understand from a safety perspective why they don't want the drivers messing with the radio controls while in motion but you would think the driver would have noticed how loud it was before driving off from the bus stop???
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #579
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Playing a bit of catch up, starting back with your Raglan Road updates!

I know what you mean about referring to your husband as your husband, haha. I've been married 3.5 years and it still doesn't get old.

I love your and your husband's photography!

I think I said it in my response to your comment on my post, but I am bummed you guys didn't have a great Raglan Road experience. I'm wondering if you would have had a better time if you'd been in one of the side rooms instead of the center one. Hopefully one day if you decide to give it another chance you'll have a better time.

I looove the twinkly lights in the trees at DTD. Such a small detail that adds so much to the atmosphere.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #580
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Everything at the AKL gift shop looks amazing! I really wish all of the resorts had so much resort-specific merchandise.
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #581
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

DTD at night is pretty. The AK gift shop definitely has a different feel. How nice to stay there and get to browse often. I had to laugh at the big head comment. My husband and I have big heads too I think. Ha!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #582
RachelNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I could stay in DTD for hours!
I am pretty excited about the new things that are coming for DTD/Disney Springs. (Not crazy about the name, but I imagine I will adjust.)

I live Zawadi!!! Some of the things in there remind me of things my dad had collected on his travels in the Air Force, so I always think of him when I am in there.

Very adventurous looking.

Yep.

Especially nice for those who don't care for 'in your face' Disney things. I bought a giraffe for a giraffe-loving DIS friend one time. She loved i!
I'm still waiting for the chance to spend a lot of time at DTD. I wonder if it's less crowded early in the morning. We never get there early enough, and the crowds always get to me! It's no fun shopping when you're waiting to look at a certain area of the store that's full of people.

The more time I spend in Disney and the older I get, the more I appreciate things like those giraffes and the other specific things they sell at places like Animal Kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom04 View Post
I don't think we've ever done DTD at night but we're thinking this year we might.
I love how you can go to DTD and still have a lot to do and see without having to pay for a park day. Just wish there an easier solution when it comes to parking or taking the bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I like walking around DTD at night but sometimes it can be SO crowded that it's not as enjoyable. Weekends can be downright awful! But we can't take a Disney trip and not make at least one visit to World of Disney. It just isn't possible!!

Wow that loud music on the bus!! I guess I can understand from a safety perspective why they don't want the drivers messing with the radio controls while in motion but you would think the driver would have noticed how loud it was before driving off from the bus stop???
Yeah, the crowds are super irritating to me! I get kind of panicky in those types of situations. Haha, I'm a bit agoraphobic. If I know exactly what I want to get or see though, it makes it easier. Grabbing Earl of Sandwich for the trip home helps me calm down!

Haha yeah, it took so long before it was fixed because I didn't even start recording right away! We were just all puzzled thinking why it wasn't being fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Playing a bit of catch up, starting back with your Raglan Road updates!

I know what you mean about referring to your husband as your husband, haha. I've been married 3.5 years and it still doesn't get old.

I love your and your husband's photography!

I think I said it in my response to your comment on my post, but I am bummed you guys didn't have a great Raglan Road experience. I'm wondering if you would have had a better time if you'd been in one of the side rooms instead of the center one. Hopefully one day if you decide to give it another chance you'll have a better time.

I looove the twinkly lights in the trees at DTD. Such a small detail that adds so much to the atmosphere.
Glad to hear it doesn't get old! I'd like to think that even 25 years down the road, it's still fun to be like, "Oh, my husband's right there."

Thanks! It's mainly his photography. Haha, I'm not very good. You can see the difference between the ones taken on his camera and the ones taken on mine. But he likes taking pictures of thing whereas I like taking pictures of moments, so it works out well especially when we're in a group like our Feb 2011 trip with my cousins.

Yeah, that experience at Raglan Road definitely wasn't something I enjoyed, but I really see the difference in people's reviews for lunch and for dinner! I am just not a person who appreciate the loud, raucous environment. Plus, I really should have ordered something else considering the appetizer!

I agree about those twinkly lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Everything at the AKL gift shop looks amazing! I really wish all of the resorts had so much resort-specific merchandise.
After staying at Pop, I see that the AKL gift shop was really something spectacular. I didn't quite understand just how great it was until the same ol' stuff was in the Pop gift shop. I did like the Art of Animation one though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
DTD at night is pretty. The AK gift shop definitely has a different feel. How nice to stay there and get to browse often. I had to laugh at the big head comment. My husband and I have big heads too I think. Ha!
It's hilarious how many times we would go through the gift shop but still see something new each time we went through!

Haha, I like knowing that other people have and admit to having big heads too! Makes me feel not so ... big, haha. I definitely would be so insecure if my husband's head was smaller than mine.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #583
RachelNinja

Attempting MK EMH

Since this was our 3rd Disney day, I knew it wasn't realistic to think that we'd hit an EMH every single day. Seriously, the whole stress of the wedding stuff really wore us out, and we were really enjoying being able to get up whenever we wanted and going to whichever park we wanted to go to that day because of our annual passes. I did, however, really want to hit Magic Kingdom during a morning EMH day because my dear friend Sarah, wdwgirl03, and her dad are always raving about how much they can get done on those mornings! I was all for that! Well, let's see what happened that morning ...

VIDEO: Bus Stop All Alone

As you can see in the video, I was waiting at the bus stop by myself because Howard accidentally left his memory card in the laptop. I thought I could go in by myself, but then I realized I had his park ticket. Technically I could have gone in and enjoy Main Street and such, but it wouldn't have been the same. I was really hoping that the bus we saw pass by was the MK bus and that he'd get there in time before the MK bus actually arrived.

Of course, the MK bus arrived before he got back! I did hop on just in case there was something I wanted to do early in the morning on my own. Before we even got out of the bus area at AKL, I saw Howard running down along with another guy as well. I was about to tell the bus driver that that was my husband, but the driver didn't stop. Later we figured that the driver was not allowed to stop again once he pulled away from the actual bus stop. It made sense, but at the time, I was like, AGH, he was so close! In hindsight, I should've just waited for Howard to return.

I was on the fun bus too with the seats that face each other. I had to take this picture to show that I was sitting on the bus alone! Never thought we'd be going to a park separately! This was, of course, way before our Christmas trip at the end of last year where I got sick at the end of the trip and Howard went to Epcot and then DTD on his own.

It wasn't long before we got to the Magic Kingdom! It's strange seeing pictures of the new colors nowadays. I'm so used to the pink and purple. I was texting Howard in the meantime, and he just got on another bus not too long ago, so I knew he wasn't far behind. But then as all you bus takers know, once you arrive at the MK arch, it really doesn't mean you're close to the park! There were so many other buses and cars in that area leading up to the front of the park that we were sitting in MK traffic for a little bit. I was trying to see if I could make it right in time for EMH opening in case there was a morning show. How does that work anyway? Is there a morning show? I just remembered that that's why I wanted to get there early and it's why I was willing to go on my own.

Once I walked to the front of the park from the bus stops, I got my bag checked and then ended up sitting on that center planter between the turnstiles. This was my view. Not too shabby!

If I were more of a photographer, I would've had a blast taking pictures of details or trying to get different angles, but I just felt so odd being there without Howard!

It was just me and my bag! I did have an opportunity to people watch, and as you'll see in the next video, I was just so baffled as to how there could be SO many people entering the park at that time! I was trying to figure out where they all went considering it was still EMH time.

And there I am all by myself with my "Happily Ever After" pin, haha. It seemed as if I had to wait a long time, but it really wasn't too bad. Of course, since I got stuck in that MK traffic, so did Howard. But if you have to wait anywhere and for anyone, the best thing is to wait at Disney World for your husband to show up!

FINALLY we were reunited! I was just so excited not to be alone! Haha, maybe a solo trip to Disney is something that can never happen for me although we did discuss whether or not Howard would ever go to Pixelmania since he's recently become involved in the Disney photography community. If that were the case, I might explore the parks alone as he did photography stuff with that group.

VIDEO: Reunited in MK

In the video, I point out Snow White and also say, "There's Melissa!" Melissa is one of my colleagues and was my mentor teacher when I first started teaching almost 6 years ago (I still consider her a mentor!). About 3 years ago, we had an 8th grade class that we were especially close to as they were just so sweet and caring and so much fun! They started a thing where each girl was a Disney princess as well as each female teacher. I was Mulan (I wonder why!), Melissa was Snow White because it was her favorite princess, and our other good friend and colleague Jessica was Pocahontas. It was our theme for a good part of the year, as they would do the "Face in a Hole" things and stick our faces in place of the cartoon characters and put the pictures on our classroom doors! On one of our dress down days, the girls all came to school in costumes and such too! Our yearbook that year had a Disney-esque theme without actually being Disney as that would've cost extra, haha, but their names were preceded by Princess. Don't worry. The boys weren't left out. They were the seven dwarfs, haha.

By the way, in videos I really realize just how strong my NY accent is. I apologize for that! Howard points it out all the time, and it doesn't help that the people and kids I work with have even STRONGER accents if you can even imagine that! Hopefully, the music used in Wall-E will help distract you from my speaking.

While on Main Street, I found one window that that I wanted to see that had Yale Gracey's name on it. I don't go too crazy searching for windows, but there's usually one or two that I try to keep an open eye for just because I learn about Disney history or something and want to see that person's window.

The other window I just happened to see was one for Arts & Crafts! Um, can that totally be my window? Can you imagine? I would be thrilled if I could craft for a living, and it'd be even better if I could do it while living above Main Street USA! And just in case you didn't know, my blog is loveandsushi.blogspot.com although I haven't updated it much recently since teaching life takes over every aspect of my being.

I wouldn't even mind it if the street was sometimes under construction. Let me live there anyway!

I was going to say I'd totally turn Pooh-sized if I lived so close to an awesome bakery, but I'd probably end up walking more if I lived in MK, right? Gotta get some BTMRR action every day, right?

It was such a joy to be reunited and getting to enjoy one of our top four favorite parks, haha. Where would we go first? Well, we'll go where we ALWAYS go first!

Old 04-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #584
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Ugh, what a bummer that Howard missed the bus. At least you weren't alone for too long!

There is definitely a welcome show on EMH days! In fact, the only time I've ever SEEN the welcome show was on an EMH day!

I can totally see you living in the little arts and crafts window! How cute!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #585
MEK
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a nice time shopping at DTD and back at the resort. That loud music on the bus would have drive me crazy as well.

It is hard getting separated from your companion while at the world. Glad you were reunited quickly because there's nothing like that first walk down Main Street at the start of the day!

Looks like a gorgeous day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: