Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #541
MEK
DIS Veteran

Even though I'm a little late, subbing to read about your Disneymoon. I am sure the links will help me catch up.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #542
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
AHHH, Spaceship Earth is the greatest thing ever. It's one of my favorite rides, too!

Your couple pictures are precious.

Oooh... I'm not all that familiar with the restaurants at DTD. Maybe Fulton's or something?
Isn't it? I'm always in the mood for Spaceship Earth!

Thank you! I realize we actually didn't get many pictures of the two of us on our honeymoon, haha. They're all the one-handed shots. During our April trip, we got more Photopass shots (not that we had PP, but we had them take it with our camera). We just didn't deal with it in May ... whoops!

Nope, not Fulton's! I WOULD like to go there though, but Howard and I are kind of allergic to seafood sometimes, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Even though I'm a little late, subbing to read about your Disneymoon. I am sure the links will help me catch up.
That's okay! I'm so glad you're here! You'll notice there are huge gaps between updates, haha. My job as a teacher kind of takes over my life unfortunately. I've also had your TR bookmarked for quite a while (the "Sorry, Gaston ..." one).

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #543
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

A Peek in World of Disney

I have to start off this update with a video! I think I've written about it in the past, but Howard and I dated when we were in college (different ones). We then broke up when I graduated in 2006. Two years later in 2008, we were both part of our church's coffeehouse. We had roles in the musical, and one of the songs that Howard had to sing was the beginning of "Go the Distance." This is when we were really close again as best friends, and it was also when I started to like him all over again! We had spent a lot of the first year broken up fighting and arguing, and then there was a bit of time when we were barely friends. When we finally got super close, I couldn't help but watch him sing that song and just get giddy! We got back together between our first performance and our encore performance. It was funny because my cousin Danielle from the Feb 2011 trip (and my maid of honor) was like, "If you're getting back together, you guys better get married!" And that we did!

When we arrived at DTD, the song was being played, and it just seemed so appropriate! We are always taking video in that same spot because of the good music (ex. Phil Collins during the cousins trip), so I loved that the song this time had such sentimental value.

VIDEO: Go the Distance

From what I remember, we didn't have to wait too long for a bus to DTD. I was happy about that because I had read earlier that that's the one that creates those long waits. The one good thing about taking a bus to DTD though is that we don't have to search for parking! I think it gets really tedious when you just go up and down the same aisles when no one is leaving!

We got out on the Marketplace side since we were early and figured we could peek in some of the stores before heading to our ADR. Up until this point, I kept debating whether or not to get the bride ears or the headband. I had wanted them since forever, but now that it was our actual honeymoon, I felt bad thinking about putting the money down on it. I still wish they had the "Just Married" buttons instead of the "Happily Ever After" ones, so getting the ears would really be honeymoon-specific. Then I also started thinking about how I put my sunglasses on top of my head when I'm not using them, so it wouldn't make sense to get the ears or headband. Haha, Howard was super patient with me as I struggled with that decision, but at least we got pictures with the ears!

Moving on with our brief peek in World of Disney, we saw Genie remind us that pictures are sometimes the best souvenirs!

Along with other useful things too! I love looking at the pens and pencils every time we come across the section in any of the stores. I have the Disney Nerd Kooky pens from my Feb 2011 trip, so I knew I wouldn't get anything new.

These look as if they are a little Japanese.

I can never get over how awesome the nerds are! During our most recent trip in December when we actually remembered to bring all the pins to trade instead of just a few, I was on a lookout for the nerds! I was able to snag a few before we had to leave.

Howard always takes pictures of snow globes, haha. I don't know why.

You know how people put certain flags and banners outside their house for particular holidays? I'd like to put some of these outside our apartment window! That'd be pretty cool because we're on the service road next to the highway, and everyone would be able to see it considering we're on the 9th floor (well, it's technically 6 up from the lobby on the 3rd floor, so we're not TOO high up in reality).

Magnets are useful! I don't know if we got it then, but we did pick up the E-ticket magnets to stick on our new fridge at our apartment.

Just like the real castle, I wonder how many times this one has been photographed.

Howard and I thought about getting this soap dispenser because we could totally Disney up our apartment since it was ours! We thought this was cute, but then we decided against it because I like being able to keep track of when to refill the soap with the transparent bottles. Plus, this was actually one of those things that wasn't as well-made as it should have been. The spout part of it seemed flimsy. That's okay; there are so many other things to get!

More shopping would have to wait though because it was time to walk over to the restaurant!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #544
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Hi Rachel
I have been enjoying your TR. I have read all of your reports and they are great. I dont comment that often - sorry!
Your wedding photos are beautiful!! I'm so happy for you and Howard. You have a really neat 'getting together' story! Hope married life ia all you thought it would be!
We hope to stay at AKL in November for our 15th anniversary!!
Looking forward to reading more!

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #545
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

I love spaceship earth! But I refuse to ride it when there is a long wait... Because of my stubbornness I ended up not riding it on my last trip but I love the lady in the yellow tights! I always wanna get wacky tights for work when I get to that part!

Is AKL really that big that they need to shuttle people between Jambo and Kidani? I've never been Gotham resort so I have no frame of reference.

I wonder where you're going to dinner... Maybe fulton's? Or Raglan Road, maybe?

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #546
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am up to your arrival and absolutely loved seeing the pictures of your wedding and reception. Your dress is beautiful and your photography did a wonderful job. I also love your cake - gorgeous!

I'll be back to read more about your first park visit. Fun pics on the plane and at MCO. I agree that MCO is so different from the airports I fly from (Philadelphia and Baltimore).

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #547
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Love all of the updates! It was fun reading the last one about World of Disney...I'm sure you can guess why. My dad has those E-ticket magnets too!

And what was with all of those people near the gates at Epcot?! Those kids were older but I do remember the year we went in May there were quite a few school groups there. Must be nice to go on a field trip to a Disney park!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #548
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Hey Rachel, I haven't been around in quite awhile and had a TON of catching up to do!! First, I was sorry to hear about your health concerns, how scary it must have been for Howard Then to be in an accident so soon after I remember after rolling my vehicle a few years ago how hard it was to get back behind the wheel. In particular when we were test driving new cars (totalled the one I had been driving), there was something about the bend in the windshield wipers that freaked me out...reminded me too much of the bent up ones I stared at while waiting for the police to arrive at the accident scene

I got a kick out of your random picture moments My hands definitely have a mind of their own too. If I'm not overjesturing, I am fiddling with something. When I was teaching at "traditional" school (I teach for an online school now) I was constantly clicking pens or marker caps!!

I've kind of forgotten eveything about the actual Disney part of your TR I wanted to comment on but I'm enjoying it I hope you are thinking of doing a TR for your Christmas trip. We are going this year and although I know it's not the ideal time to go with the crowds and all, I can't wait since we always went at Christmas time when I was a kid and it's been probably over 25 years (long enough that I saw Captain EO during it's first run on my last childhood trip!)

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
kschafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #549
merbobear
DIS Veteran

I am just finding your TR now and probably going to spend a chunk of my day reading it, but wanted to subscribe and comment really quick before I get started (as I am one to get fully immersed into reading a TR, only to come up for air hours later and then forget to subscribe, accidentally close the tab and never get to read the ending)!

You looked so beautiful on your wedding day! And I love the photo of you guys sitting in front of the mounds of hors d'oevres. That is exactly where I would want to be as well. Live to eat, what a great motto!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #550
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Thank you for writing this wonderful report! Your wedding looked beautiful and I loved seeing all of your fun details. It's also wonderful that you got to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge - I LOVED that resort! I'm glad you finally got to ride the Disney buses - they may sometimes take a bit longer, but I think riding them really puts you in the mood for arriving at each theme park. I love the park-appropriate music that they play in each bus!

I'll have to try Sanaa sometime due to your glowing recommendation.

Finally, I love all of your video additions to your trip report! Howard's pictures are fantastic, but I love that the videos add a wonderful "live" aspect to the report!

I look forward to your next update!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #551
merbobear
DIS Veteran

I know I *just* commented, but I have finished reading your wedding updates, so I felt it was justified to comment again.

First, I am sorry that you had to deal with all of the stresses from the wedding, BUT..in the end it seems like you were really having a great time and I hope that the fun times you had were worth the aggravations of planning and dealing with the details. I would have been annoyed w/ the people getting in the way of the photographers as well...I do understand people want their own pictures, and to a degree it can't be avoided with the waiting around for people to take their pictures, but stepping in front of the photographers is pretty bad.

Still..your photographers truly did an AMAZING job with your wedding. Just picture after picture that was gorgeously composed.

I think it's great that you did the tea ceremony, even though your in laws said it could be skipped. I bet it really meant a lot to them that you guys took the time to embrace their culture and history and I feel like it was probably taken as a really nice sign of respect.

And...hmm I feel like I had more to say, but can't think of it now. Congratulations on your marriage!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #552
arbolita
DIS Veteran

I found your trip report from some others that I read, so I'm just joining in!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #553
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

I could spend hours wandering around the World of Disney Store redecorating my house and replacing my wardrobe if someone let me. It's a good thing I know that the budget couldn't handle it!!
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #554
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I think ending an Epcot day with Spaceship Earth is the best decision. We do it the same way!

And I cannot help but run a little bit when I see a Disney bus coming. I know people are getting off but it's this weird quirk I guess. Just don't want to miss the bus! Ha!

Magnets are totally useful! I always get one each trip. It's fun to see it on your fridge every day. Great updates!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #555
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Found your TR yesterday and spent the better part of the past 2 days reading it, thanks to your handy dandy links I am all caught up!

Your Wedding pics turned out really nice, your dress was beautiful!

Looks like your Disneymoon is going well so far, looking forward to reading more!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: