Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #481
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Fast pass for LWTL! I enjoy it, but not that much.

I was in WDW for Christmas, and I think I saw you on LWTL in the front row. (I was not on your boat, but walking up to the loading dock as you were pulling away.) It was weird, because I knew that I didn't know you personally, but I recognized you. It took me a couple of seconds to figure it out. Before I did, I thought that Disney should use you in commercials because you just looked so happy and content.
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #482
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
Fast pass for LWTL! I enjoy it, but not that much.

I was in WDW for Christmas, and I think I saw you on LWTL in the front row. (I was not on your boat, but walking up to the loading dock as you were pulling away.) It was weird, because I knew that I didn't know you personally, but I recognized you. It took me a couple of seconds to figure it out. Before I did, I thought that Disney should use you in commercials because you just looked so happy and content.
Yeah, we like it too, but a FP just made us laugh!

Ooo, really?!? We rode LWTL in the front row on Friday, Dec 21 (just checked my pictures). It was at nighttime because it was darker inside the greenhouses. Were you there then? That's so crazy if you were! We could've had a DISmeet!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #483
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Yep, I was there! Had just eaten dinner at Sunshine Seasons and decided to take our first night-time ride of LWTL. (I like it during the day better!) Hope you were able to avoid all the crowds and lines as well as we were.
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #484
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed the pictures and video. We always enjoy this ride. I want a tomato tree at my house!

Hope you are feeling better.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #485
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

I find Living with the Land so relaxing. I don't know why anyone would need a Fastpass for it though!

For the Cropped Guess, I am going to go with Journey Into Imagination with Figment. Something about that picture reminds me of the queue.
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #486
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Whew! Sat down today & got all caught up on your TR!!! The two of you are so dedicated in your picture taking, especially on your arrival day. We usually only take 10 or so pictures that day! I have to say, reading through this so far has made me really miss our honeymoon. We were a lot like you, it was our very first trip anywhere just the two of us! And we both looked too young to be married, as many people told us that week. I'm really loving everything so far! Not much in particular to comment on, just that I notice you mentioned missing Coke a few times because of the caffeine. I stopped drinking regular Coke when I got pregnant with Paxton and switched to caffeine free, then kept drinking it while I was nursing him, and then just kept drinking it because why go back to caffeine when the caffeine free tastes the same? At least, it does to me when it is really really cold. Of course, it's not something you can get as a fountain drink or at a restaurant, but I buy the cans and when they are really cold from the fridge, it tastes exactly like regular Coke to me! Maybe it's just me, but I do notice a weird taste when it's not really cold, like from a warm 2-liter poured over ice. Just an FYI!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #487
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Aww, I wonder if those boys were just confused! I hope they didn't think it was the kiosk for the Soarin' fastpasses!

I love Living with the Land. I must admit, I've never seen so many photos of the water/'tracks' on that attraction. Maybe I should sit in the front next time so I can see for myself!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #488
RachelNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
Yep, I was there! Had just eaten dinner at Sunshine Seasons and decided to take our first night-time ride of LWTL. (I like it during the day better!) Hope you were able to avoid all the crowds and lines as well as we were.
Haha, that's awesome! What are the chances that we'd both be there at the same time! We had to deal with a lot of crowds and lines during the trip. We used FP when we could, of course, and left the parks when it got really crowded. I have to say that I wouldn't do Christmas in Disney again! I thought President's Week and Easter week would've prepared me for these crowds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Enjoyed the pictures and video. We always enjoy this ride. I want a tomato tree at my house!

Hope you are feeling better.
I agree! A tomato tree in the house would be fantastic! Year round fresh salsa? Yum. Snacks all the time!

Thanks I'm actually still feeling sick. I'm still coughing every once in a while, and I'm still nauseous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
I find Living with the Land so relaxing. I don't know why anyone would need a Fastpass for it though!

For the Cropped Guess, I am going to go with Journey Into Imagination with Figment. Something about that picture reminds me of the queue.
It really is a nice and relaxing ride. It also really makes me want to eat a fresh salad!

You're correct! Yay! Another weak sauce point for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Whew! Sat down today & got all caught up on your TR!!! The two of you are so dedicated in your picture taking, especially on your arrival day. We usually only take 10 or so pictures that day! I have to say, reading through this so far has made me really miss our honeymoon. We were a lot like you, it was our very first trip anywhere just the two of us! And we both looked too young to be married, as many people told us that week. I'm really loving everything so far! Not much in particular to comment on, just that I notice you mentioned missing Coke a few times because of the caffeine. I stopped drinking regular Coke when I got pregnant with Paxton and switched to caffeine free, then kept drinking it while I was nursing him, and then just kept drinking it because why go back to caffeine when the caffeine free tastes the same? At least, it does to me when it is really really cold. Of course, it's not something you can get as a fountain drink or at a restaurant, but I buy the cans and when they are really cold from the fridge, it tastes exactly like regular Coke to me! Maybe it's just me, but I do notice a weird taste when it's not really cold, like from a warm 2-liter poured over ice. Just an FYI!
Yay for getting caught up! The picture taking thing helps us get through the travel day. We also had so much time to kill, haha.

I don't think anything will ever be as good as our honeymoon trip. We didn't get to do much in terms of rides and such because we weren't there early in the morning like we thought we'd be, but it was the first trip where we were so completely relaxed! It was a lot about the food too as you will see in the future updates!

Ooo, caffeine-free Coke? Part of me likes the caffeine in it though because there were times I've had headaches and the caffeine has helped it go away. I hate the palpitations I get from it, but it's strange that I still sometimes want it when other people are having it! I'll have to keep the caffeine-free one in mind when I get my cravings for it! A really cold Coke just seems so satisfying at times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Aww, I wonder if those boys were just confused! I hope they didn't think it was the kiosk for the Soarin' fastpasses!

I love Living with the Land. I must admit, I've never seen so many photos of the water/'tracks' on that attraction. Maybe I should sit in the front next time so I can see for myself!
Yeah, it'd be disappointing if they thought they were getting Soarin' FP!

Haha, I have a TON of track photos from rides! They get better from this trip. Sometimes that was more of my concern than the actual ride itself, haha.

Weak Sauce Points Scoreboard

Round 23: Cropped was the QUEUE from JOURNEY TO IMAGINATION WITH FIGMENT - yay to Curiouser&curiouser!

(Photo in next update!)

Curiouser&curiouser! - 8
Self_resqing_princz - 5
Jennifer48 - 5
NeverlandClub23 - 5
marDgreen88 - 3
shan23877 - 3
jane2073 - 3
kschafer - 3
wdwgirl03 - 2
therussells08 - 1
Happy Duck - 1

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #489
RachelNinja

A Visit with Figment

Since we were still taking it easy and just riding whatever we could get on right away, we headed to Journey to Imagination with Figment! Doesn't the sky look so fake in this picture?

We had to make a stop at the bathroom first though. I guess Howard thought the bathroom was picture-worthy? Haha, I don't remember why he took this; maybe he said it was super clean? I don't know how many people go out of their way for this restroom. I know the one by Test Track is used an awful lot.

A different view of the Imagination pavilion.

I like the lines and angles as I'm sure my husband does too.

Walking back out, I was loving that my rings were sparkling like crazy in the sun!

VIDEO: Being Married in Epcot
I loved it so much that I just had to film it! The rings are extra sparkly after washing my hands, and of course, that Florida sun was just outrageous! You can tell I absolutely love being married! I know my rings aren't spectacularly large like some other girls' rings, but I LOVE them. It first my personality and taste perfectly. It's the only jewelry I wear, and I absolutely adore having a wedding ring to show that I'm MARRIED to the love of my life!

And from past trip reports, you know that I have a tendency to take random pictures of the ground without realizing it!

We had fun looking at the names on strollers! We got a kick out of this one that said "NOT URS." Haha, clever!

We moved on to visit with Figment. We were commenting on the bright orange of this room! It's so cheerful. I think it's the perfect color to represent Florida.

I really wish that I could work reception at a place like this! Haha, yes, I am a teacher, but it'd be so fun to be in such a fun atmosphere. I love the way the reception desk is set up.

These chairs are also rather awesome. I wish that we could actually sit in them instead of just look at them.

Do you see the answer to the last round of cropped?

There's that P!

Where can I leave my resume and job application? I love all those fun phones!

I liked seeing all the names and scribbles on the transmittal envelope. I wonder if CMs filled this out or add to it as a joke. There's a "Ciara Mist" on it, haha.

Inventors of the Year Award Recipients.

I've seen a picture of a guy crouched down at the back of this little fake hallway. I read that he was taking a picture of it and the right time because a CM asked if he wanted to go in! I have been extra intrigued ever since!

They do a lot of fun things in this queue, but I don't think many people really pay attention to them.

I had to take a video of all the dialogue coming from behind these doors.

VIDEO: Journey Into Imagination Doors
Howard and I got a kick out of the conversations especially the frazzled secretary! And then there's a corny joke about "small change."

It was time to hop into our ride vehicle! I think the CM reminded us that there was no flash photography on this ride, but we already knew that. We hate flash photographers on rides especially rides like POTC!

I liked the little design element on the back of the vehicles. I especially liked that it was H for my Howard!

VIDEO: Journey Into Imagination Ride

(continued in next post)

Last edited by RachelNinja; 01-06-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #490
RachelNinja

(continued from previous post)

Having to deal with crazy Figment.

The train part of this section gets to be pretty gosh darn loud! I think the first time I rode this after a long time of not being on it really threw me off! It does seem very realistic with the wind.

When I was younger, I used to think that I should memorize the eye testing chart so that I could know the "answers" because I knew my eyesight wasn't the greatest. It's hilarious to think about it now though because clearly it wouldn't have benefitted me in the long run!

There's the wackadoo Figment taking over! I like the pictures around the screen with the ... what are they called? They're not brain teasers ... eye teasers ... eye tricks ... wow, why am I totally blanking?

I wish I could see this butterfly disappear more often so I could "figure" it out. Haha, I know it's just a simple trick, but still, it's fun!

Have you ever stopped to read all the labels on these cannisters and the pipes in the smell area? Some of them are really funny! Lots of puns.

Of course, I am not a fan of the skunk smell being blasted at you. I always cover my nose. I know it's not THAT horrible, but I don't see the need to smell things I don't like for no reason. I cover my nose during "It's Tough To Be A Bug" too!

I wonder how they have all that skunk smell stored! They should totally blast something else like the smell of cookies and such that they pump out on Main Street!

Skunk smell does remind me of the Poconos though because we'd once in a while get a whiff while driving through the mountains on family vacations.

It'd be really interesting to see what they'd actually do for the touch and taste labs. I don't think I ever really noticed the track that's supposed to lead behind those doors, haha. I just never paid attention to these things as a kid!

We were off to Figment's Open House where there are just crazy colored patterns on black curtains.

Upside down world.

I think Figment is sitting a little too close to the TV! Are those paintings on the walls supposed to look like famous paintings?

Figment has a patterned toilet seat.

I like his little tea kettle on the stove.

During our April trip, I completely forgot what happened after this scene!

I totally jumped when there was that blast! I cover my ears and close my eyes nowadays because I just don't like the surprise.

Oh I never noticed it beforehand that Figment is squeezing a tube of pain and from there we get the rainbow!

And there's a Figment with marionette Figments in the cloud.

A Mona Figment?

CREEPIEST part of the ride. I do not like Dr. Nigel Channing being in the moon. I hate faces in the moon. As a kid when I went to craft stores (as I do many times now still!), I never understood why people would want to buy crafty items like rubber stamps that had faces in the moon or sun. That's just my own opinion. It scares me!

The ride was over so that meant scurrying out and trying to take a clear picture of the ride vehicle!

As you can see, they're connected on another platform. That's why we can turn for certain scenes and such.

Goodbye ride vehicles! You fascinate me greatly.

And then it was off to ImageWorks. I love the font that they used with all the gears and circles and such.

It was a quick visit with Figment that I know some people don't appreciate, but when there's nothing else to do because lines are long elsewhere, I actually like it~! I'd rather be riding a less popular ride than waiting on a long line standing on my feet.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #491
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Love the update! I enjoy visiting Figment but I still don't think it is nearly as good as the original. But atleast they put Figment back in. I want to figure out the butterfly thing too! I think I read the trick behind it somewhere, maybe in a Celebrations magazine? I love the last scene with all the Figments! I had forgotten about that part too until a couple trips ago when we went on that ride. I definitely jumped too.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #492
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post

Yay for Pharmacy School! Congratulations to him! I think waiting for him to finish it to get DVC is an awesome reward! I think it's well worth the wait!
Thanks! He goes tomorrow to sign up for classes and hopefully will begin on Tuesday. I'm super excited for him because not everyone gets into Pharmacy School. I'm a little sad we're not going next year and so is dd. We were hoping to come back with a little souvenir from our next trip but we will be heading to Myrtle Beach instead.

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #493
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I STILL love looking at my ring, especially when it is super sparkly. At work once, we had gotten new UV lights to use on the babies with jaundice. Another nurse was helping me set up the room with the lights, and she said, "These new ones make diamonds look ridiculously sparkly!" So now every time I have to use those lights at work, I hold my ring under it to see the extra sparkle!!

I at the picture of the restroom! At least Howard did it with no one else in there, or he may have found himself escorted off of Disney property and a news article posted about him on the DIS.

And that stroller tag!! Pure genius to whoever thought of that!

Great Figment pics! I have to hold Paxton's ears during the train part...It seems like it is louder than I ever remembered! I love that part at the end when it poofs and the rainbow scene comes up. And I totally agree with you on Nigel Channing in the moon, that part always freaks me out too.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #494
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

That is my most favorite bathroom in all of Walt Disney World! My second most favorite being the one near POTC in MK that is kind of tucked away with a long walkway and a little fountain area. Wait, is it weird that I have favorite bathrooms?

Was your trip in December not as good as your honeymoon? We have a trip planned in September, but we just went to WDW for our wedding/honeymoon in December and I'm worried nothing will ever match the greatness that was that trip.

I love your rings! So pretty!

And I leave you with this track photo I took last trip since I know you like them (so do I!):

Old 01-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #495
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

I can't believe that I got it right! It was just a weird feeling I had about the picture!

There are so many details in the Figment Queue, and I know that I am guilty of walking right past all of them.

I never noticed the detail on the back of the ride vehicles either. That's really neat!
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: