Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #406
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

RAWR!

Real Life Update
- I finished #5 in the Master Crafter Challenge! Though I didn't win the #1 prize or any of the random prizes, I'm still excited to have been able to finish so high up on the list. Thanks to all of you who voted! It was the last time I crafted, so I still think about the time fondly.
- The short version is that I've been at home recovering from a severe viral thing that caused me to pass out last Thursday. Howard caught me and couldn't wake me up for the longest time. I woke up and was a little dazed, so Howard called 911 and an ambulance came to take me to the hospital for about 12 hours. Ton of symptoms and days of feeling bad, I went back to the doctor today and still need some time to recover. That's why I figured I could update a bit today since I'm tired of resting, and that's all that I can do.

There aren't that many rides at Animal Kingdom since it's all about the animals and the trails, but that doesn't mean I don't absolutely LOVE one of the rides there! On the way to our next location, we stopped by the Yak & Yeti shop or something like that since we had seen it on the list of places with an AP discount. They had non-Disney merchandise, which typically I don't care much about since I figure it's all about the Disney stuff when you're IN Disney, but this stuff was actually super adorable! For those of you who checked out my blog, you know that Howard and I love sushi, so there were some shirts that were very fitting.

Howard is a huge fan of dumplings so I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up getting a shirt similar to this for our future maybe daughter!

They had a ton of choices of funny and witty t-shirts.

Outside I checked out all the bags and such on the cart and really loved the huge silk takeout box.

When I was younger, a girl at church had a bag like this but MUCH smaller. I always looked at it and wanted it, so ever since then, I look at these things and want them! But no, I didn't buy this because I had no need for it. Maybe if I find a need for it, it'll one day come home with me!

Here's a view of the really small shop. Not enough AC to really take a full break in it. In fact, it's actually really tight by the counter where the register is.

We continued on our walk and I pointed out how the sculpture matches the peaks of Expedition Everest.

This lady walked right into the shot, haha. We were too hot to stick around and try again.

We stopped to watch the coaster for a while because I wanted to see just how steep the drop was. I would really like to ride this, but there's something nerve-wracking about the backwards drop.

WHEEEEEEEE!

Moving on to DinoLand! I'm surprised they never had these huge dinosaurs come alive in Kingdom Keepers.

I like the angle that Howard took this picture because it makes the dinosaur look so high up in the sky.

Let's walk along the road to our destination. I stayed in the shade as much as I could, of course.

We're here! YAY!

I was so excited to be able to ride Dinosaur again. The first time I rode it was when it was still called Countdown to Extinction, and I remember being jerk around and semi-squinting because I was scared and excited at the same time. This is my kind of thrill.

I don't like it when rides are too crazy, but this is just right for me. I was so excited! Haha, the first time I rode it this year though, I screamed so loudly with the dinosaurs especially in the spot where they take your picture, haha. Howard got such a kick out of that, but this time we had a plan for the picture.

When I was younger, I would not have appreciated flooring like this.

Ride vehicle! We had front row seats too, and I had to make sure Howard was sitting on the outside, of course.

We had our plan for the photo ...

We held each other's hands and gazed into each other's eyes as if we didn't notice the dinosaur at all! Haha, so corny, but we wanted to do something different. I think it's funny that Howard still has one hand on the bar though, haha.

I think this thing is rather creepy in the dump shop.

Creepy! Never thought I'd actually prefer to deal with the large animatronic dinosaurs instead!

SO much fun! We laugh during the entire ride, and all I ever want to do is ride it again and again!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #407
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Ugh, sorry you haven't been feeling well! But yay for an update!

hahaha, that ride picture is actually really funny. Love it! It is more fun when you plan something different like that.

You really should try Expedition Everest on your next trip! It's a great ride.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #408
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Just found your report. First off congrats to both of you. Your wedding cake looked awesome. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. Also I hope you get to feeling better.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:50 AM   #409
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

How have I never seen that little shop before? Some of those tees look too funny and I think I would be so tempted to buy one. Not sure if I would end up wearing it, but I think I would get caught up in the fun of it all and buy it while I was there.

Hope you're feeling better.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #410
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope you're well on your way to a full recovery!

I really can't believe how much you love Dinosaur! It is a great ride, but in every one of our ride photos my DD is in the "duck and cover" position - and the rest of us are usually laughing!
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #411
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Ugh I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick! Thank goodness it happened while Howard was around and you weren't alone when you passed out.

If it weren't for the backwards part on EE, I bet you'd love it.

Hope you feel better soon!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #412
RachelNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ugh, sorry you haven't been feeling well! But yay for an update!

hahaha, that ride picture is actually really funny. Love it! It is more fun when you plan something different like that.

You really should try Expedition Everest on your next trip! It's a great ride.
Thanks! I'm not as miserable as I was, so that's why I was finally able to get on my desktop yesterday. Beforehand, I was in bed (or on the bathroom floor).

We took another ride picture being silly later on too!

I will definitely have to think about riding EE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
Just found your report. First off congrats to both of you. Your wedding cake looked awesome. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. Also I hope you get to feeling better.
Yay for joining in! Hope you're enjoying it, and thanks for the well wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
How have I never seen that little shop before? Some of those tees look too funny and I think I would be so tempted to buy one. Not sure if I would end up wearing it, but I think I would get caught up in the fun of it all and buy it while I was there.

Hope you're feeling better.
They're definitely really cute! If anything, you can buy something for your DD to wear!

I am feeling better, thanks! Still recovering, but I'm beginning to eat so that's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
So sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope you're well on your way to a full recovery!

I really can't believe how much you love Dinosaur! It is a great ride, but in every one of our ride photos my DD is in the "duck and cover" position - and the rest of us are usually laughing!
I can't wait to be fully recovered. So tired of just feeling useless, but there isn't anything else I can do because I'm so tired.

Haha, it's such a fun ride! During one of our rides, we were with a family where the dad used his high flash thingie to record, so we saw all the tracks and the half dinosaurs. That made it even more fun because it's like, hilarious how a half dinosaur can be so frightening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Ugh I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick! Thank goodness it happened while Howard was around and you weren't alone when you passed out.

If it weren't for the backwards part on EE, I bet you'd love it.

Hope you feel better soon!
Seriously! Howard had asked me before I got out of bed to take my medicine if he should stay home with me, and I said no. Then when I got dizzy and he caught me and put me on the floor, I finally came to and I was like, "Are you staying home with me now?"

I think I'd really like the ride. It's mainly just one big drop, right? The rest is the twists and turns?

Thank you!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

Old 10-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #413
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry you were sick! That must have been scary for both of yall.

Your Dinosaur picture is too funny! I love it. I must admit that ride scares me!!

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #414
RachelNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I'm so sorry you were sick! That must have been scary for both of yall.

Your Dinosaur picture is too funny! I love it. I must admit that ride scares me!!
Yeah, it frightened Howard so much. He could NOT wake me up. He was trying to feel a pulse and all that.

Haha, I'll post the other one soon! Hopefully.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #415
RachelNinja

Puppetry Mastery

After our terrorizing yet hilariously fun ride through Dinosaur, we went through the dino souvenir shop. I really want to explore the outside of the store more when it's not so hot. You get to notice funny signs like these. Do you see that the sign on the right is actually a gas sign?

Just gotta appreciate how dumpy this place looks, haha.

I stood there for a bit examining. Ahhh, I miss my long hair!

When we walked to our next attraction, we saw that Primeval Whirl was down. I like these coasters because even though the drops are sudden, you can see them and know they're coming up. Of course, Primeval Whirl puts a "spin" on that with the spinning, so that's why I've never ridden this.

I just thought it was interesting that there were people up there examining the track because you guys know just how much I love ride track!

I was tired of walking in the heat so I decided to drive there. If I had realized how this looked, I would've squatted more. Haha, what steering wheel is so far up?

Where did we go? Finding Nemo! I admit I wasn't looking forward to it at that moment other than enjoying a bit of AC. I had wanted to see it a while ago, but that day I was just tired.

As you can see, we sat in the top set of bleachers behind the walkway so the seat location probably didn't help much either. There were supposedly some seats farther down as the CM told us, but I didn't want to be squished. I like that in this photo the couple in front is trying to get someone's attention. "Over here! Right here!"

It was cute how all the kids would get so excited when they caught Nemo in one of those bubbles.

No one was really sitting in the bleachers at this point, so I liked having the space in the AC.

Then the show started, and I immediately remembered why I wanted to see this so badly in the past! I absolutely LOVE theater productions, and they combine the puppetry into this show so well that it's seamless and so perfect! If you can see, the characters are heading out to the drop off.

I like how they did the bouncing jellyfish scene with Marlin and Dory attached to wires from the ceiling.

Nigel is massive! I've seen it in pictures before, but he really is THAT large. I mean, I was thankful to be so far away, haha.

BUBBLES!

Definitely a MARVELOUS show! I hope to get closer seats next time so I can see the actors better. I did have to scoot left and right to see certain parts, but I liked that even though it was last minute (we did NOT want to wait outside in the sun for a long time the way that the guide thingies recommend), we got to see the whole show without being squished.

In the big blue worlddd!

Old 10-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #416
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I totally used to have a shirt similar to that sushi one. Hysterical. I wore it to Teppan Edo one year and the CM's thought it was hilarious and could not stop commenting on it.

That stuff is so cute though, I'm going to have to find that store on my next trip!

You definitely have to get on Expedition Everest some day. Believe me, the backwards portion is not that bad.

I remember when Dinosaur was called Countdown to Extinction too! I hated it when they changed the name. Hahaha.

Cute picture! I love looking totally distracted in the picture. I have a plan for my next one too.

I absolutely adore Finding Nemo: The Musical. The first time I saw it I just thought it was amazing! Still do. And I have the soundtrack.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #417
jane2073
Mouseketeer

I am so glad you are feeling better!

I love Dinosaur! Your picture is so cute and funny!

I really need to check out those t-shirts! The dump shop at Dinosaur has a number of cute (dino-themed) shirts too.
jane2073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #418
catchmeifyoucan
Earning My Ears

Aw, those shirts are cute! I like that Chinese take-out container, too! You should buy it and use it as decoration. . . I'm sure with your craftiness you could add stuff to it or put some cute things in there that would make it a great display!

I love the Finding Nemo show! It's so amazing how they are able to put on a stage performance that really makes you feel like you are in the ocean
Old 10-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #419
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

I love Finding Nemo the Musical! We even bought the soundtrack. Now, when I watch the movie I am always singing the songs along in my head!
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #420
Bridora
DIS Veteran

I had missed so many of your updates! I don't know how that even happened!

I'm sorry you've not been well recently, but I'm glad that you are getting better.

Thanks for the pictures of Finding Nemo - I've never seen it, and probably won't since we're not really too into seeing the shows. We did more of that when the kids were little, but they're all about the rides now!

Ah, the Primeval Whirl! It's a very jarring ride, that's for sure! You hit those corners while you're spinning around.....it really throws you around in the car!

I love Expedition Everest, but I'll admit that going backwards in the dark is a bit disorienting.
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Bridora is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: