Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
Toniann966
my 3 mice

My husband saved a CM's life at DHS! He is always stealing my thunder!

Here I was thinking I was going to be the hero by taking my 9 year old on the TOT. I really don't like the drop in that ride but my husband wanted to sit it out. ( we had just had a big lunch at prime time). So he and my 11 year old sat out. We'll, when my little one and I got off my husband was waiting to usher us to the next ride. He can be pushy like that so I wasn't aware of his wanting to get my 11 year old out of there. I noticed my 11 year old looked pale and in shock. Then she just blurted out " a man had a heart attack and daddy saved his life". When I finally looked around, I noticed a stretcher and other cast members ushering people to a different direction. I made my husband tell me the story. You see he is an NYPD officer and has hidden many such items from me. Like the time he was shot at, and another time when a tire iron was thrown from the roof of a building at him. There are more, but as I said he doesn't like me to worry, so I find out these things when someone else tells me. Back to the story- apparently my husband heard and then saw a cast member moan and clutch his chest. My husband saw him go down and then ran to him. The man was unconscious and blue. My husband did chest compressions until he heard a gurgle . Finally the Disney responders came with an aed machine. I'm still in shock and am so proud of him. I inquired the next day at our resort how the man was. A hotel cm got in touch with HS. Manager and found out that the cm was in the hospital and had undergone bypass surgery. She thanked my husband and told me that if it wasn't for his quick response , the outcome may have been different.
Well, I know this isn't a typical trip report but I had to tell someone. He is so modest. Anyway, we enjoyed our week ( that was our last full day) at old key west. We had no problems with bands and can't wait until next February! Btw- the new goods to go looks great!!!

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...iiaquh0l9e.png
Toniann966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
FWAddict
Earning My Ears

Thankfully, your hubby was around to help!
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
Liberator
Mouseketeer

wow, this is not what you expect to hear or see when you exit a ride!

You can be proud of your husband. Sometimes it is a matter of seconds that can change the future - in this case the future of the CMs life! Your husband saved his future early enough

Universal Orlando visits: 2008 Offsite *** 2009 Offsite *** 2013 Royal Pacific Resort
Liberator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

wow that's amazing - so thankful for people like your husband that can think so fast on his feet!

Thank you to him and you for his service to the community!

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
**NOW COMPLETE!** Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
Gillyrose779
Mouseketeer

I'm glad there are people like your husband around. I sure hope your daughter is okay- sounds like it may have shaken her pretty good.
Gillyrose779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:31 PM   #6
blueiis99
It's Disney Magic, you know!

What a wonderful story! Your DH is a true hero every day! Thank you from another nyer

Me: Jeanne DH: Jay DD 27 Sydney DD 25 Jessica DD 14 Aliyah
blueiis99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #7
RIdisfan
Mouseketeer

Great job

Thank God for people that can step up and do the right thing :yay . We hope that all works out for the CM as well as for your family

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: