Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #76
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
ABD requests that you send them back as soon as possible. They are aware that no one has purchased airfare yet, so that can be left blank.

They very best reason to send them back now is because months from now, when ABD contacts me and says "Pete hasn't sent back his forms", I have to contact you and ask "Pete, ABD needs you to sign your forms now" and then you ask me "what forms?" and I'll say "the forms you received last July when you booked" and you'll say "I don't know where those forms are anymore" and I'll say "I'll ask ABD to send you new forms. Please do not hesitate to fax them back immediately".

Look at all the punctation in the last paragraph. Isn't it easier to just take two minutes and fill the forms out and stick them in the provided self-addressed envelopes now?

Now go fill out your forms.
Kevin - I get the feeling that you've had problems with these forms being submitted more than once! Suffice it to say I will not be one of those problem people. We'll mail them in the next few days.

Pete

Edited July 12th: Forms went out this morning - just no flight info obviously.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK

Last edited by skier_pete; 07-12-2012 at 09:39 AM.
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #77
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone

Very excited down here in Kiwiland.

We have booked our flights to your lovely country. We are coming in the day before (8th June) and are adding an extra 10 days to the other end of the trip so we can take a more leisurely pace round the parks and do lots of shopping places (we love shopping).

Due to budget, we will be staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn for those 10 days. Has anyone stayed there at all? If so how was it?? I have heard mostly good things about it and its just a place to sleep so not too worried and its apparently right across the road - so a 5 to 10 min walk they say.

So now just wishing time would go a bit faster!! Not that I want to be older or anything but just cant wait to begin.

Hope all are well.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #78
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi
Hey everyone

We have booked our flights to your lovely country. We are coming in the day before (8th June) and are adding an extra 10 days to the other end of the trip so we can take a more leisurely pace round the parks and do lots of shopping places (we love shopping).

Due to budget, we will be staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn for those 10 days. Has anyone stayed there at all? If so how was it?? I have heard mostly good things about it and its just a place to sleep so not too worried and its apparently right across the road - so a 5 to 10 min walk they say.

So now just wishing time would go a bit faster!! Not that I want to be older or anything but just cant wait to begin.

Hope all are well.
Believe it or not...I am standing in front of the Park Place as i type. We are @ the Tropicana next door. Looks nice from outside but cant vouch for quality. However it is extremely close to DL. 5 minutes would be only if you catch the light wrong. Loom up my photobucket account under "skier_pete" i took a picture.Hotel on the left ....tower of terror on the right.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

Old 07-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #79
ymxbfalcon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
Hey everyone

How exciting that you've already booked your flights! You inspired me to start looking at airline schedules and prices. I don't think I'll be booking anything for awhile because I'd like to see what's available through Southwest as they're often less expensive, and I'm pretty sure that it'll be a few months before their June 2013 schedule comes out. Still, it's fun to plan.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #80
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Believe it or not...I am standing in front of the Park Place as i type. We are @ the Tropicana next door. Looks nice from outside but cant vouch for quality. However it is extremely close to DL. 5 minutes would be only if you catch the light wrong. Loom up my photobucket account under "skier_pete" i took a picture.Hotel on the left ....tower of terror on the right.
Thanks Pete

Wow - how cool. How long are you there for? thanks so much for the photo opportunity. I see what you mean - it is very close - excellent.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
Old 07-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #81
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymxbfalcon View Post
How exciting that you've already booked your flights! You inspired me to start looking at airline schedules and prices. I don't think I'll be booking anything for awhile because I'd like to see what's available through Southwest as they're often less expensive, and I'm pretty sure that it'll be a few months before their June 2013 schedule comes out. Still, it's fun to plan.
Yes - it does seem a bit soon doesnt it!! But because they are international flights and we dont have alot of choice, it pays to book early. Also helped that they were offering special deals for June 2013 - so thought we should do it now.

Definitely feels more real now!!

Hi from New Zealand.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #82
kgibbler20
Mouseketeer

I don't know about anyone else, maybe because it's my first ABD/Trip to DL, but when I was listening to this week's housekeeping I got so incredibly excited when John was saying that there were surprises on the trip next week. All I could think is, "next June on a podcast that will be us!!!"

Just had a moment and had to share
6/05 - First Trip 12/06 - Merry Christmas 11/07 - Mom's suprise!! & SSW October 23 - November 4, 2008 - 3 days at sea, 10 days on land... Halloween Here We Come!!3/09 & 7/09 - Short visits with a friend... 10/09 - finally became a resident now at least monthly visits

kgibbler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #83
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgibbler20 View Post
I don't know about anyone else, maybe because it's my first ABD/Trip to DL, but when I was listening to this week's housekeeping I got so incredibly excited when John was saying that there were surprises on the trip next week. All I could think is, "next June on a podcast that will be us!!!"

I had a moment as well! I can't wait to live vicariously through the lucky folks on the trip next week.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #84
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Me too!!!!!! I got a big smile on my face & thought woohoo I know they will work up cool stuff for us too!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #85
ymxbfalcon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgibbler20 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
I had a moment as well! I can't wait to live vicariously through the lucky folks on the trip next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
Me too!!!!!! I got a big smile on my face & thought woohoo I know they will work up cool stuff for us too!
Add me to the list of people who are excited about this! I think it's going to be a lot of fun to hear reports of their adventures over the next week or so.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #86
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi

Thanks Pete

Wow - how cool. How long are you there for? thanks so much for the photo opportunity. I see what you mean - it is very close - excellent.
We were leaving that day. Now closer to you in Sydney, Australia. Glad I could help.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #87
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
We were leaving that day. Now closer to you in Sydney, Australia. Glad I could help.
excellent - have a great time. I love Sydney.

Hi from New Zealand.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #88
kgibbler20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete

So jealous!! Australia is definitely on my bucket list.
6/05 - First Trip 12/06 - Merry Christmas 11/07 - Mom's suprise!! & SSW October 23 - November 4, 2008 - 3 days at sea, 10 days on land... Halloween Here We Come!!3/09 & 7/09 - Short visits with a friend... 10/09 - finally became a resident now at least monthly visits

kgibbler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #89
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

I heard on the podcast that our adventure is sold out, too!

And now I'm foaming at the mouth wondering what they're going to show us at Imagineering.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #90
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Anyone else notice that we are under the 10 month mark? It's the small things that get me excited.

Who all on this trip with be on 4.0? It would be great to have some type of mini-meet so that we can meet in person before our adventure.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: