Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #46
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Glad you liked the trip report Toni! I am so excited for the changes to the trip. I never dreamed we'd do it again but there is so much new stuff at Disneyland & the chance to travel with Pete, Walter, John & Kevin & other great Diser's sold me.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #47
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

Please help me welcome Adam and Kat to our Adventure!

Some of you will will remember Adam and Kat from our meeting and dinner in Venice.

Others might remember that on the podcast, we talked of Adam's proposal to Kat while in Venice!

Welcome aboard!
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #48
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post

Some of you will will remember Adam and Kat from our meeting and dinner in Venice.

Others might remember that on the podcast, we talked of Adam's proposal to Kat while in Venice!

Welcome aboard!
Welcome, Adam and Kat! We met very briefly in Venice. I look forward to getting to know you better over the next year and getting to spend more time with you next June!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #49
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin

Welcome aboard!
Welcome Adam and Kat! Looking forward to seeing you again next June!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #50
ymxbfalcon
Mouseketeer

Welcome Adam and Kat!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #51
PumpkinPilot
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Welcome aboard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Welcome, Adam and Kat! We met very briefly in Venice. I look forward to getting to know you better over the next year and getting to spend more time with you next June!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
Welcome Adam and Kat! Looking forward to seeing you again next June!

Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymxbfalcon View Post
Welcome Adam and Kat!
What a great welcome, thanks everyone

We're thrilled to be welcomed aboard the good ship Dis!

SO excited about this trip - especially looking forward to getting to know everyone and catching up with all we met (briefly!) in Venice.

Now that we're official, I'm off to find a timer to countdown the number of days until our adventure begins! surely there's an app for that...

Adam
PumpkinPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #52
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:

Welcome aboard!
I thought that was an awesome story. I got verklempt.
Another welcome from me for Adam and Kat.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #53
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Hey, I haven't heard Adam and Kat's story - but proposals can't help but be great stories - so I imagine doing it in Venice would be pretty awesome. Welcome to the group!

In more selfish news - I was surprised and excited to get a promotion at work this week! More money and also puts me into a bonus program structure. I only mention this because I was kind of worried how I was going to pay for this trip...but now I'm not! Only a day after I got stuck working the whole day on 4th of July, so that helped soothed that as well.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR IN PROGRESS!!
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"
skier_pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #54
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Hey, I haven't heard Adam and Kat's story - but proposals can't help but be great stories - so I imagine doing it in Venice would be pretty awesome. Welcome to the group!

In more selfish news - I was surprised and excited to get a promotion at work this week! More money and also puts me into a bonus program structure. I only mention this because I was kind of worried how I was going to pay for this trip...but now I'm not! Only a day after I got stuck working the whole day on 4th of July, so that helped soothed that as well.
Congratulations! That's awesome news!

Old 07-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #55
kgibbler20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete

Congratulations Pete!
6/05 - First Trip 12/06 - Merry Christmas 11/07 - Mom's suprise!! & SSW October 23 - November 4, 2008 - 3 days at sea, 10 days on land... Halloween Here We Come!!3/09 & 7/09 - Short visits with a friend... 10/09 - finally became a resident now at least monthly visits

kgibbler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:10 AM   #56
PumpkinPilot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete

Thanks for the welcome Pete!

We're in the middle of writing a blog about our engagement in Venice and will be posting a link to it with some photos shortly.

In the meantime, massive congratulations on your promotion.That's awesome news! Really pleased working on 4th July paid off for you

Adam

Me(31) DGf(31) 'longwaybycarriage' DMum(60) DDad(61) DSis(25)

PumpkinPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #57
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Congratulations! That's awesome news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgibbler20 View Post
Congratulations Pete!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinPilot View Post
Thanks for the welcome Pete!

We're in the middle of writing a blog about our engagement in Venice and will be posting a link to it with some photos shortly.

In the meantime, massive congratulations on your promotion.That's awesome news! Really pleased working on 4th July paid off for you

Adam
Thanks everyone! Though I don't think working on the 4th had any bearing on the promotion...it must've been in works for a while at least. Just made me feel better.

I would definitely check out your blog, Adam!

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR IN PROGRESS!!
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"
skier_pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #58
longwaybycarriage
Earning My Ears

Just popping in to add my thanks for the warm welcome. Adam surprised me with the news about the trip this weekend - after Venice, and the proposal, and meeting some of you guys, suprises seem to have become a habit of his...one I fully support, of course!

I'm not sure it's really sunk in that we're going yet, even though I've seen the itinerary and we've started talking about extensions and flights etc. So excited!

Kat
Old 07-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #59
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

Hi Kat,

I have updated your sceenname in the first post!

Kevin
Old 07-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #60
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwaybycarriage View Post
Just popping in to add my thanks for the warm welcome. Adam surprised me with the news about the trip this weekend - after Venice, and the proposal, and meeting some of you guys, suprises seem to have become a habit of his...one I fully support, of course!

I'm not sure it's really sunk in that we're going yet, even though I've seen the itinerary and we've started talking about extensions and flights etc. So excited!

Kat
Definitely a nice habit to have... Congratulations again on the engagement!

All - Even though it's almost a full year away, I've been thinking about the time in LA. We will be arriving a day early. I'm trying to think of things to do. Any suggestions that I can start researching? I've been thinking about the Farmer's Market, WB Tour, Universal...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: