Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #31
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
While it seems that this party has already started....let's make it official!

Please welcome Cheryl to our Adventure (officially)

WOOHOO!
Quote:
Another official decree!!!!!

Let's welcome Angie to our Adventure!!!

I don't know Angie's board name...but I'm sure I will soon.

Woohoo!!!
Welcome (officially)! While I know Cheryl quite well (all good things ), I look forward to getting to know you over the next year, Angie!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #32
kgibbler20
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the new additions!!!

I am going to Hawaii this fall and I really think I'm more excited about this trip. How awesome it is going to be to build friendships that lead to a group vacation in the original park!
6/05 - First Trip 12/06 - Merry Christmas 11/07 - Mom's suprise!! & SSW October 23 - November 4, 2008 - 3 days at sea, 10 days on land... Halloween Here We Come!!3/09 & 7/09 - Short visits with a friend... 10/09 - finally became a resident now at least monthly visits

kgibbler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #33
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymxbfalcon View Post
Thanks, Kevin. My name is Angie, and after four years of rather obsessively reading the boards, I'm finally "de-lurking." I'm excited to be joining you all on this trip. While I've visited DisneyWorld six times in the last four years, I haven't been to Disneyland since I was ten years old. I'm looking forward to a fun year of planning and of getting to know everyone!
Hey Angie! Just wanted to say I love your BRILLIANT Gonzo quote in your signature. I have some "old friends" I've never "met" on the boards already, and look forward to meeting some more on this trip! (Seems like there's quite a few lurkers on the trip list as I see a lot of low post counts...and a few high ones.)

Also - glad to see a few others signing up that haven't done the trip before...I was hoping we wouldn't be the only newbs amongst a bunch of "repeat offenders".

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #34
Cherylbug
Mouseketeer

Yay!! I'm officially part of the party!! Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #35
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Woohoo!!!!! Our group is growing!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #36
ymxbfalcon
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all of the "welcomes" from everyone. Between appearing on the "official" list on this thread and the deposit amount showing up on my online credit card statement, this trip is starting to feel a lot more real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgibbler20 View Post
Welcome to the new additions!!!

I am going to Hawaii this fall and I really think I'm more excited about this trip. How awesome it is going to be to build friendships that lead to a group vacation in the original park!
Hawaii sounds like a lot of fun! My plans for the fall mainly revolve around teaching middle school students about fractions, so I'm just a little bit jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Hey Angie! Just wanted to say I love your BRILLIANT Gonzo quote in your signature. I have some "old friends" I've never "met" on the boards already, and look forward to meeting some more on this trip! (Seems like there's quite a few lurkers on the trip list as I see a lot of low post counts...and a few high ones.)

Also - glad to see a few others signing up that haven't done the trip before...I was hoping we wouldn't be the only newbs amongst a bunch of "repeat offenders".
Thanks! I'm a firm believer that there's much wisdom to be found in the words of the muppets.

We do seem to have a lot of ABD veterans on this trip; I'm hoping that those of us who are new to this will benefit from their experience. I find it encouraging that so many people seem to want to do this trip more than once; it tells me that they had a good experience the first time around.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #37
kgibbler20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymxbfalcon
Thanks for all of the "welcomes" from everyone. Between appearing on the "official" list on this thread and the deposit amount showing up on my online credit card statement, this trip is starting to feel a lot more real.
Yep... the credit statement was a very real moment lol... but I think this is going to be a very well spent tax return and bonus check lol
6/05 - First Trip 12/06 - Merry Christmas 11/07 - Mom's suprise!! & SSW October 23 - November 4, 2008 - 3 days at sea, 10 days on land... Halloween Here We Come!!3/09 & 7/09 - Short visits with a friend... 10/09 - finally became a resident now at least monthly visits

kgibbler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #38
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Please welcome Toni and Christine to our Adventure!

Welcome aboard!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #39
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Ugh...I just realized that this trip will be during the Stanley Cup Finals. This is probably not on the radar of anyone else on this trip...but I am a big hockey fan and particularly a HUGE Buffalo Sabres fan (and season ticket holder). I swore many years ago I would never travel early June - the Sabres last went to the Stanley Cup Finals on during my wedding & honeymoon. Of course we did get to watch the Stanley Cup in the afternoon from a beach bar on Maui.

If the Sabres are not playing for the cup, I won't really care about missing it. It's not that they are likely to be in the finals next year, but if they DID make it to the SCF, I will be freaking out on this trip. Not enough of an issue to make me cancel since the odds are so low, but thought I would mention it now just in case I end up turning into this crazy guy listening to headphones and muttering to himself in a corner with occasional bursts of cursing for 3 hours every other day.

TTFN!
SkierPete

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

Old 07-04-2012, 02:31 AM   #40
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!

I'm Toni (Disneykiwi) and my sister is Christine. I am extremely excited about this trip and Chris hasnt had alot of time to be excited as I only told her I booked it for us today - I believe she is still in shock!!!

We are coming over from New Zealand and have been to Disneyland a number of times and we went on what I thought then was my dream trip to WDW in 2010. This was a fantastic trip but after hearing about this tour - it is taken over as my dream trip.

I am confined to a wheelchair but have never let this stop me doing most things when travelling - obviously there are a few rides that I have never been able to go on - but thats never worried me as I am a shopaholic so while others do rides - I do the shops and am very good at it!!

I am quite able to push myself around manually but Christine is coming along to be my helper as even though I am fast - she is faster when pushing and we will do our very best to keep up and if we cant will tell you all to go on.

Sorry - probably far too much information than you wanted - some say that is my real disability - I talk too much!!!

Anyway - I am really looking forward to meeting you all and chatting over the next 11mths or so.

Melanie - your trip report was fantastic and really sold me on the trip and of course having such great info from Kevin re access etc. My sister is currently reading your report Melanie and is loving it.

Cheers all.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #41
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm Toni (Disneykiwi) and my sister is Christine. I am extremely excited about this trip and Chris hasnt had alot of time to be excited as I only told her I booked it for us today - I believe she is still in shock!!!

We are coming over from New Zealand and have been to Disneyland a number of times and we went on what I thought then was my dream trip to WDW in 2010. This was a fantastic trip but after hearing about this tour - it is taken over as my dream trip.

I am confined to a wheelchair but have never let this stop me doing most things when travelling - obviously there are a few rides that I have never been able to go on - but thats never worried me as I am a shopaholic so while others do rides - I do the shops and am very good at it!!

I am quite able to push myself around manually but Christine is coming along to be my helper as even though I am fast - she is faster when pushing and we will do our very best to keep up and if we cant will tell you all to go on.

Sorry - probably far too much information than you wanted - some say that is my real disability - I talk too much!!!

Anyway - I am really looking forward to meeting you all and chatting over the next 11mths or so.

Melanie - your trip report was fantastic and really sold me on the trip and of course having such great info from Kevin re access etc. My sister is currently reading your report Melanie and is loving it.

Cheers all.
Welcome Toni! I know Disney has a reputation for doing a great job of being wheelchair accessable, and the guides bend over backwards to make sure everyone has a great experience. I look forward to getting to know you and Chris as well!

Pete

P.S. Hope your planning on coming in a few days early to get used to the time change. I would think that would be the roughest part of doing an ABD trip coming from so far!

Old 07-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #42
ymxbfalcon
Mouseketeer

Welcome to Toni and Christine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
Cheers all.
It's amazing how many "dream trips" you can have when it comes to Disney, isn't it? I personally took my "once in a lifetime" trip to DisneyWorld in December of 2008; I was just excited to be staying on property for the first time. I've been back there five times since then and even managed to sneak in a Disney cruise. I've reached the conclusion that Disney is addictive.

I look forward to getting to know you and your sister!

Angie
Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #43
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome aboard!
Welcome!!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #44
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Another official decree!!!!!

Let's welcome Angie to our Adventure!!!

I don't know Angie's board name...but I'm sure I will soon.

Woohoo!!!
Quote:

Welcome aboard!
Welcome Angie, Toni and Christine!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #45
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Wow, I blinked and about 4 more people joined the group.

Welcome everyone!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: