Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 02:12 AM   #331
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymxbfalcon View Post
As a trip report junkie, I've got to say that a Pre-Trip Report describing a trip I'm actually going to be on is not the least bit boring to me; I'm actually finding it to be pretty exciting. (I just read what you've written so far.) It's kind of like having a "virtual souvenir."
What a great way to put it "a virtual souvenir" very true. I read Pete's last report and it was really good so am looking forward to reading along on this one too.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #332
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymxbfalcon View Post
As a trip report junkie, I've got to say that a Pre-Trip Report describing a trip I'm actually going to be on is not the least bit boring to me; I'm actually finding it to be pretty exciting. (I just read what you've written so far.) It's kind of like having a "virtual souvenir."
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
What a great way to put it "a virtual souvenir" very true. I read Pete's last report and it was really good so am looking forward to reading along on this one too.
Thanks for the positive feedback. I do it for myself as well to have a diary of sorts of my trips, but it's really comments like those that keep me writing, even when time is hard to find. It took me over 7 months to finish my last TR - admittedly for a 4 week-long trip - but I kept plugging away partly because I knew that people were reading along.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #333
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Hi Folks,

As long as the topic of trip reports is upon us, we have a huge favor to ask.

ABD allows us to see things we would never get to see otherwise. This is an amazing opportunity for a Disney fan. Each of the several Backstage Magic Adventures we have been on has been unique and filled with surprises. There were things that made us say wow, things that left us speechless and things that have brought us to tears (okay...that was me).

Now comes the favor....because each trip is unique and you might see things other groups haven't...we beg that you not ruin the "surprises" for the next group going on the Adventure. This allows others to be awestruck and as the next group might see something completely different, it doesnt inflate expectations which can lead to disappointment.

As Disney fans, you know that something can close for refurbishment, due to guest demand, because someone else is using it etc. You may get to see something no other group has seen before or will see again.

The groups that have participated previously have been great about keeping the "surprises" alive. Please think about doing that for the next group.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 03-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #334
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Hi Folks,

ABD allows us to see things we would never get to see otherwise. This is an amazing opportunity for a Disney fan. Each of the several Backstage Magic Adventures we have been on has been unique and filled with surprises. There were things that made us say wow, things that left us speechless and things that have brought us to tears (okay...that was me).

Now comes the favor....because each trip is unique and you might see things other groups haven't...we beg that you not ruin the "surprises" for the next group going on the Adventure. This allows others to be awestruck and as the next group might see something completely different, it doesnt inflate expectations which can lead to disappointment.

As Disney fans, you know that something can close for refurbishment, due to guest demand, because someone else is using it etc. You may get to see something no other group has seen before or will see again.

The groups that have participated previously have been great about keeping the "surprises" alive. Please think about doing that for the next group.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin,

I'm glad you wrote that. I was really torn about the idea of writing a TR at ALL because of not ruining the surprise for others that may follow someday. I myself have not read ANY of the TR from previous trips simply because I DON'T want to know these things ahead of time. However, several of my DIS friends have requested it, so I was still trying to figure out the best way.

So, I can't speak for others, but I will keep ALL "surprises" as well as real details about the really magical moments out of my report. (Or anything that makes me cry - because that'll probably happen, too.)

Pete

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

Old 03-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #335
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Thanks,
Kevin
I totally respect this Kevin! I wrote a trip report from our ABD BSM back in 2008 & I included lots of the surprises which most people seemed to like, but I also let everyone know ahead of time that if they wanted to be surprised not to read. I really hope I didn't spoil anyone's magic. That being said, this time, I have stayed far away from trip reports, as I want to be surprised this time around to see the changes & adjustments have been made to the trip.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #336
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Oh yeah & I question, does ABD give you the photo CD now or do you still have to buy it like you did back in 2008? I really hope they include it now. I did not buy it back then, I did a photobook on the website & used the ones I wanted, but this time I would really like to have all the photos.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #337
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

AND...........didn't following the #disgoeswest tweets make everyone even more anxious for the trip to get here already?????? I am so excited to go to Trader Sams now!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #338
DisneyKevin
Kelvis

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
I totally respect this Kevin! I wrote a trip report from our ABD BSM back in 2008 & I included lots of the surprises which most people seemed to like, but I also let everyone know ahead of time that if they wanted to be surprised not to read. I really hope I didn't spoil anyone's magic. That being said, this time, I have stayed far away from trip reports, as I want to be surprised this time around to see the changes & adjustments have been made to the trip.
Please dont take this the wrong way, but alerting people that there are spoiler alerts is different than not telling people.

We saw some amazing things on our last BSM Adventure. You may not get to see the same things this time. You just never know.

Had we told you what we saw and then you dont get a chance to see the same cool things, you would most likely be disappointed.

We try to make sure everyone has a spectacular Adventure. Sharing the secrets (even with spoiler alerts) usually leads to someone being upset or disppointed.

Please dont share the secrets of this trip.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #339
DisneyKevin
Kelvis

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Oh yeah & I question, does ABD give you the photo CD now or do you still have to buy it like you did back in 2008? I really hope they include it now. I did not buy it back then, I did a photobook on the website & used the ones I wanted, but this time I would really like to have all the photos.
ABD sends every guest a copy of the CD.

It usually arrives two to three weeks after the Adventure ends.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #340
DisneyKevin
Kelvis

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

I should add that there might be some special magical moments that might not be done for other Backstage Magic trips.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #341
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Quote:

Please dont take this the wrong way, but alerting people that there are spoiler alerts is different than not telling people.

We saw some amazing things on our last BSM Adventure. You may not get to see the same things this time. You just never know.

Had we told you what we saw and then you dont get a chance to see the same cool things, you would most likely be disappointed.

We try to make sure everyone has a spectacular Adventure. Sharing the secrets (even with spoiler alerts) usually leads to someone being upset or disppointed.

I didn't take it the wrong way at all Kevin. I totally respect your request & if I write a trip report which I am not even sure I will do this time, I will not include the extras.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #342
kgibbler20
Mouseketeer

Talking about not talking about surprises has me so excited for surprises!!!!!!
6/05 - First Trip 12/06 - Merry Christmas 11/07 - Mom's suprise!! & SSW October 23 - November 4, 2008 - 3 days at sea, 10 days on land... Halloween Here We Come!!3/09 & 7/09 - Short visits with a friend... 10/09 - finally became a resident now at least monthly visits

kgibbler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #343
Lee Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgibbler20 View Post
Me too!!
Lee Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:38 AM   #344
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally respect this Kevin! I wrote a trip report from our ABD BSM back in 2008 & I included lots of the surprises which most people seemed to like, but I also let everyone know ahead of time that if they wanted to be surprised not to read. I really hope I didn't spoil anyone's magic.
Quote:

Quote:
I should add that there might be some special magical moments that might not be done for other Backstage Magic trips.
Quick question for you Kevin - will it be made obvious to us what the special moments and secrets are that we shouldn't be sharing? I assume certain things like what we see at Imagineering are on the "do not share" list, but other things, such as the parade thing that was announced on the podcast, seem to me should be open to talk about. (see I'm afraid to even tell people that.)

Also, out of curiousity, are there things they show us that fall under "tell NO ONE", like we have to sign a pact in blood or something to see imagineering? (That's how I picture it in my head.) I have some friends at home here that are Disney fans but not DISers that I hope to spill my guts to about the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgibbler20 View Post
I know! Me too! I am real big on not knowing details of the trip...but I still want to talk about it! Kind of excited for the chat next Thursday. I really like that doing a tour this way gives us a chance to "get to know" everyone beforehand as opposed to any other tour where you wouldn't meet people until you arrive. DW has some questions - all non-"surprise" related!

Old 03-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #345
DisneyKevin
Kelvis

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Starting Thursday March 28th, we will hold a weekly chat for this particular Adventure.

It will begin at 8:00pm (isn) EST and will be held in the ABD Chat room. There is no ending time assigned and you can chat as long as you like. I usually take off at 9ish....but mostly because Project Runway is on.

You can ask anything you want or need to know and you'll get a chance to "get to know" each other.

If anyone has a question about how to get to chat....look up along the top of the page and you should see a CHAT button. Click on that and you will be asked to sign in. Use your board name and password and you are IN.

There are a couple of Chat rooms. The top room is used by everyone on the boards. Dis Unplugged Chat is Wednesday nights begining at 8ish and going until no one wants to chat any more.

The bottom room on the list is the ABD room. This is where we we will be on Thursdays at 8ish EST.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: