Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #241
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

We've hit the 5 month mark!!!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #242
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #243
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Ya beat me to it this month!

I've probably said this before - but I get such a kick out of seeing every post on a thread have the same ticker date! It makes me giddy. Hee Hee! (Yes, I DO need therapy.)

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #244
Lee Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Great minds think alike. I came on to say the same!
Lee Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #245
Lee Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Ya beat me to it this month!

I've probably said this before - but I get such a kick out of seeing every post on a thread have the same ticker date! It makes me giddy. Hee Hee! (Yes, I DO need therapy.)
I can never figure out how to put a ticker on. I've designed it many times but don't know how to get it on there.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #246
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Disney View Post
I can never figure out how to put a ticker on. I've designed it many times but don't know how to get it on there.
Not that hard. Under your "User CP" (upper left) just select "Edit Signature". Then when you make the ticker, there should be a version that starts and ends with [url] that you have to copy and then paste in there.

Mine for example is:
[u r l=http://distickers.com/ticker/][i m g]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/mcqy2jpwibw1ttk5.png[/i m g][/u r l]

Except that I put spaces in URL and IMG so that it would show up as letters. If you want to duplicate that one you could while removing the spaces. Or you should be able to make your own.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"
Old 01-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #247
Lee Disney
Mouseketeer

Thanks Pete! Now testing it...
Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #248
Lee Disney
Mouseketeer

YAY!! It worked!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #249
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
YAY!! It worked!

Those dates are coming up fast!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #250
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YAY!! It worked!
Happy to help!!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #251
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh...I just realized that this trip will be during the Stanley Cup Finals. This is probably not on the radar of anyone else on this trip...but I am a big hockey fan and particularly a HUGE Buffalo Sabres fan (and season ticket holder). I swore many years ago I would never travel early June - the Sabres last went to the Stanley Cup Finals on during my wedding & honeymoon. Of course we did get to watch the Stanley Cup in the afternoon from a beach bar on Maui.

If the Sabres are not playing for the cup, I won't really care about missing it. It's not that they are likely to be in the finals next year, but if they DID make it to the SCF, I will be freaking out on this trip. Not enough of an issue to make me cancel since the odds are so low, but thought I would mention it now just in case I end up turning into this crazy guy listening to headphones and muttering to himself in a corner with occasional bursts of cursing for 3 hours every other day.

TTFN!
SkierPete
Quoting my own post above from last July on page 3 of this thread. (Man, so long ago.) For those of you that don't follow sports, the NHL was nice enough to stage a player lockout for four months that was just resolved. This will result in the Stanley Cup Finals being delayed two weeks, meaning I won't have to miss any of it. We will still be on the trip during the Eastern Conference Finals, and if the Sabres make it that far, I will still be that crazy guy in the corner every other day, I just won't be nearly as upset about the fact I am not there for the games. (I can just picture myself 1/2 way through World of Color suddenly jumping around and screaming as they score in double-overtime, and everyone looking at me like I'm drunk or something.)

SkierPete

I now return you to your regular discussion thread.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #252
Cherylbug
Mouseketeer

Ok guys I could really use some help...How do you condition your body to the differences in the time zone changes? I have to admit I'm a person who loves her sleep so I go to bed fairly early here at home. I want to really enjoy the trip without being so tired so what can I do to prepare myself for late nights in Cali? Any help you can give is very much appreciated!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #253
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylbug View Post
Ok guys I could really use some help...How do you condition your body to the differences in the time zone changes? I have to admit I'm a person who loves her sleep so I go to bed fairly early here at home. I want to really enjoy the trip without being so tired so what can I do to prepare myself for late nights in Cali? Any help you can give is very much appreciated!
Interesting question. We did the BSM trip last summer and found we were up early (by the clock) at the start of the adventure but our bodies quickly caught up with the real time.

Try to get out there a day early, preferably two. We arrived mid-day on Saturday for our trip. We didn't do anything in particular that day because we were really tired from a 6:00 am flight (4:00 am wake up) out of PVD that morning. Basically we got something to eat with new friends (burgers at the Roosevelt hotel bar - very good) wandered around a bit of Hollywood Blvd with our mouths hanging open from the amazing/bizarre sights and chatted with a couple of fellow adventurers who also arrived early. We hit the sack really early that night - possibly about 7:00 local time. Got a good night sleep and the next morning (Sunday) we were up fairly early because our bodies were still on east coast time but we were well rested.

Sunday we met up with some other DIS'ers and a couple of our fellow adventurers and did a small bit of touring - basically we went to the LA Farmers Market for about 3-4 hours. We ate there and almost bought a lot of stuff but decided to hoard our money for Disney shopping. We also made a critical mistake this day - sleep wise. We should have taken a nap before heading for the ABD welcome dinner. The dinner was nice (with free flowing wine) and we all went out on one of those a ABD surprises afterward. Wound up getting back to the hotel kind of late that night. This lack of an afternoon nap was a mistake for us because the serious ABD touring starts early on Monday morning and there is little down-time for the rest of the tour.

I guess what I'm saying is not to go into Monday behind the sleep (or at least rest) curve. We did find our bodies were pretty well adjusted to west coast time by then, it was mostly that were was always something to do.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #254
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylbug View Post
Last summer when we went out to LA, we tried time shifting ourselves. In other words, all week we started staying up later and later. Normal bedtime is 10:30 - 11 PM, and we are up at 6 AM. Right before we left, we were staying up until 12:30 AM and waking about 7:30 AM. I arranged for my work to let me come in late and stay late. It was a small shift, but I think it did help.

I hope to take my attitude from the late great Warren Zevon:
"It don't matter if I get a little tired,
I'll sleep when I'm dead"

Old 01-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #255
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Quoting my own post above from last July on page 3 of this thread. (Man, so long ago.) For those of you that don't follow sports, the NHL was nice enough to stage a player lockout for four months that was just resolved. This will result in the Stanley Cup Finals being delayed two weeks, meaning I won't have to miss any of it. We will still be on the trip during the Eastern Conference Finals, and if the Sabres make it that far, I will still be that crazy guy in the corner every other day, I just won't be nearly as upset about the fact I am not there for the games. (I can just picture myself 1/2 way through World of Color suddenly jumping around and screaming as they score in double-overtime, and everyone looking at me like I'm drunk or something.)

SkierPete

I now return you to your regular discussion thread.
Now that could be fun - watching your reaction

Unfortunately can't join in your love of the hockey but I'm glad you are now getting some games to watch now after the long lockout!!

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: