Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

We are off to California for another exciting Dis Exclusive Backstage Magic Adventure.

The dates for this Adventure are 6/9 - 6/14/13.

The cost of this Adventure is

$3499 single traveler
$2499 per person based on double occupancy
$2378 child

Here are the list of Participants:

Christy - Chropistopy
Cheryl - Cherylbug
Lori - BriarRosie
Kim - kgibbler20
Mary Ann - Kim's Mom
Rory - Roryh22
Melanie - Disneygrl36
Eric - Melanie's Husband
Peter - skier_pete
Ulana - ukeemom
Angie - ymxbfalcon
Toni - Disneykiwi
Christine - Brightie
Adam PumpkinPilot
Kat - longwaybycarriage
Matt - DarthVader92
Nancy - starwood
Michele - Michele&Jessica
Jessica - Michele&Jessica
Lisa - Lee Disney
John - Lisa's Hubby
Mandy -
Phillip
Keith - rkdahl
Leah
Lindsay
Kathryn
Cathy - rkdahl's wife
Pete - WebmasterPete
Dustin
Shaun
William
Craig

If you are interested in adding your name to the List of Participants, just send me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Last edited by DisneyKevin; 05-01-2013 at 10:40 AM.
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Yay! A couple of more familiar faces...Karen - I'm so glad that you and Kaye are on the trip as well. I thought that Jason and I (and of course K&J and P&W) were the only double dippers next year. Quite a few people that I'll get to see at least twice next year. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones on this trip!!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
apurplebrat

Turning the whole world purple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Yay! A couple of more familiar faces...Karen - I'm so glad that you and Kaye are on the trip as well. I thought that Jason and I (and of course K&J and P&W) were the only double dippers next year. Quite a few people that I'll get to see at least twice next year. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones on this trip!!

I'm so excited to do the BSM trips next year. I just need to tell my mom we're going. John & Kevin did a great job Sunday telling her all the great stuff on BSM.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
kgibbler20
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone! I'm Kim and my mom is Mary Ann! We are so excited for this trip. It's her first time ever to California and the first time I get to go for fun. I go every year to a meeting out there but all I have ever seen is the San Francisco airport and the hotel we stay at.

I'm excited to spend the year hopefully getting to know ya'll and then spend this amazing time with new friends!
6/05 - First Trip 12/06 - Merry Christmas 11/07 - Mom's suprise!! & SSW October 23 - November 4, 2008 - 3 days at sea, 10 days on land... Halloween Here We Come!!3/09 & 7/09 - Short visits with a friend... 10/09 - finally became a resident now at least monthly visits

kgibbler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplebrat View Post
I'm so excited to do the BSM trips next year. I just need to tell my mom we're going. John & Kevin did a great job Sunday telling her all the great stuff on BSM.
Look at you lucky ducks! I can't believe how many of you are doing BOTH trips! Well, I shouldn't be surprised about Jason. Hasn't he done this trip more than anyone other than Pete and Walter? You will love Disneyland at Christmas. The Haunted Mansion and Small World overlays are wonderful.

In addition to all of you, I'm having a mini-reunion with Melanie and Eric. We met doing this tour in December 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgibbler20 View Post
Hey everyone! I'm Kim and my mom is Mary Ann! We are so excited for this trip. It's her first time ever to California and the first time I get to go for fun. I go every year to a meeting out there but all I have ever seen is the San Francisco airport and the hotel we stay at.

I'm excited to spend the year hopefully getting to know ya'll and then spend this amazing time with new friends!
Hi Kim! You'll love it. Welcome!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplebrat View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
Look at you lucky ducks! I can't believe how many of you are doing BOTH trips! Well, I shouldn't be surprised about Jason. Hasn't he done this trip more than anyone other than Pete and Walter? You will love Disneyland at Christmas. The Haunted Mansion and Small World overlays are wonderful.
Very excited to be on both of the trips! I could really go for some of the fruit infused water that they serve in the lobby of the hotel in Hollywood (it'll always be the Renaissance to me) right now!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
BriarRosie
Clap your hands loudly
Tags shall be granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
Very excited to be on both of the trips! I could really go for some of the fruit infused water that they serve in the lobby of the hotel in Hollywood (it'll always be the Renaissance to me) right now!

Jason
There are things I think I'd do differently this time around. I might need to find out what info you had gleaned from doing this trip so often. The most spontaneous thing I did on mine I'd do in a heartbeat again if the stars aligned. Kathy Griffin was doing a show at the Theater Formerly Known as Kodak on the welcome dinner night. My friend and I went, and it was fantastic.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Hi everybody. This will be our 2nd ABD BSM trip. We did this trip in Dec 2008 & want to do it again with everything new out in California. Can't wait to meet everyone. It will by myself & my husband Eric.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
Hi everybody. This will be our 2nd ABD BSM trip. We did this trip in Dec 2008 & want to do it again with everything new out in California. Can't wait to meet everyone. It will by myself & my husband Eric.
Hi Melanie,

I really enjoyed your trip report from your last BSM! I read it before I went on my first one in Apr 2010, and it really helped me to prepare!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #10
BriarRosie
Clap your hands loudly
Tags shall be granted

Quote:
Yay, you made it to the discussion!

And if any of you doubt how powerful the network of the DIS is, I met Melanie and Eric on a prior BSM tour. I also met a bunch of foodies from the Restaurants board. One of them was on the same cruise as Melanie last fall, was it? Anyway, Melanie had seen pics of the couple I knew and introduced herself as "a friend of Lori". I thought that was very cool.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #11
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all over the next year! This will also be my 2nd ABD BSM trip. It will have been a few years since my last trip by the time this one rolls around. I'm really looking forward to visiting Disneyland with all the recent changes that have been happening.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
kgibbler20
Mouseketeer

All you experienced BSMers....

I would love to hear about anything I need to know. I'm a compulsive planner but I have gotten it through my head that I don't have to for this trip…

So if there are any tips about what to pack or whatever I would love to hear all about it.
6/05 - First Trip 12/06 - Merry Christmas 11/07 - Mom's suprise!! & SSW October 23 - November 4, 2008 - 3 days at sea, 10 days on land... Halloween Here We Come!!3/09 & 7/09 - Short visits with a friend... 10/09 - finally became a resident now at least monthly visits

Old 06-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #13
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
All you experienced BSMers....

I would love to hear about anything I need to know. I'm a compulsive planner but I have gotten it through my head that I don't have to for this trip…

So if there are any tips about what to pack or whatever I would love to hear all about it.
Look at the daily itinerary on the ABD website...on the Hollywood days there is some free time (but not much). If you like to plan, then plan those times. I know you won't have any trouble filling up the time on the DLR days. ABD really packs in the schedule...even if you only do the ABD items, then you won't have one day that is not filled with wonderful activities.

I recommend coming in a day early (if possible). It's nice to have a buffer day to get on the right schedule (even if it is only 3 hours) before the adventure begins.

As far as packing, bring what you would for any trip to a Disney park. You may want to bring a couple of dressy casual outfits. You may want to dress up a little for the welcome and farewell dinners. That being said, if you want to wear your typical park clothes, then you most likely won't be the only one. There really is not a strict dress code or anything.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

We (DW and I) want in on the trip! Been waiting a few years to be able to do it. I sent Kevin an e-mail, hopefully there's room for two more (DD is going to not be happy when we leave her behind.)

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #15
kgibbler20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete
We (DW and I) want in on the trip! Been waiting a few years to be able to do it. I sent Kevin an e-mail, hopefully there's room for two more (DD is going to not be happy when we leave her behind.)
Looks like we are only about 1/2 full.... hope you can make it on!!!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: