Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #121
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Oh how fun!!! From the looks on the pictures, there isn't anything that would have made Anakin any happier!!!
Welcome!! I grew up in Central PA! Back then we had seasonal passes to Hershey Park. This is our first summer not going to Hershey Park on vacation.

He was thrilled! He can't wait to see the finished product! I haven't told him they gave us a tracking number to see it's progress. Otherwise, he'd have me checking every day!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #122
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Oh...what fun! I don't need to bet that Anakin was loving it... you can totally see it in his face!!! While this is a bit pricey, I imagine it will be a memory to last a life time.

Can't wait to see the results!!!
It's a very cool keepsake...uh I mean work of art. I hope he realizes it's not a toy. This was definately one of the highlights of summer! $49.99 would have been more reasonable.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #123
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I think it's highly overpriced. $49.99 including shipping would have been more reasonable and we all would have done it then, because it is really cool!

A shirt, some fishing stuff, and pocketed the rest.

It is overpriced like all thing related to Disney. But in the long run it was a really fun experience for Anakin and there is a physical reminder of that experience for you all.

Smart Grumpy!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #124
alayne
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the link. I really enjoyed your TR. It was great seeing all the pictures. I love pictures. It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time. I look forward to our trip next year. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #125
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
It is overpriced like all thing related to Disney. But in the long run it was a really fun experience for Anakin and there is a physical reminder of that experience for you all.

Smart Grumpy!
Grumpy is a saver. He doesn't like to spend money unless he has to.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #126
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne View Post
Thanks for the link. I really enjoyed your TR. It was great seeing all the pictures. I love pictures. It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time. I look forward to our trip next year. Thanks for sharing.
Welcome!! I'm glad you like it. By Dec/Jan we should know when the 2013 SWW will be!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #127
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Grumpy is a saver. He doesn't like to spend money unless he has to.

Smart guy.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #128
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome!! I grew up in Central PA! Back then we had seasonal passes to Hershey Park. This is our first summer not going to Hershey Park on vacation.

He was thrilled! He can't wait to see the finished product! I haven't told him they gave us a tracking number to see it's progress. Otherwise, he'd have me checking every day!
We live about 10 minutes from Penn State. We usually like to do long weekends at Hershey over Halloween and Springtime in the park. Its much cheaper and we don't really need the stuff that isn't open those times of year since our kiddos are only 4 and 6. We had talked about doing the season passes but then we opted for a vacation to MN. I know next year we won't even think about Hersheypark since we are doing WDW in June.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #129
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Carbon Freeze looks neat but expensive !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 06-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #130
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
We live about 10 minutes from Penn State. We usually like to do long weekends at Hershey over Halloween and Springtime in the park. Its much cheaper and we don't really need the stuff that isn't open those times of year since our kiddos are only 4 and 6. We had talked about doing the season passes but then we opted for a vacation to MN. I know next year we won't even think about Hersheypark since we are doing WDW in June.
That's understandable! WDW is much better than Hershey Park anyway. When we go, we stay with family and either buy tickets from Giant grocery store or given to us from famiy or friends who have extra free passes. Anakin can't go on most of the rides, he's limited to the train, monorail, sky ride, Zoo America. He went on Chocolate World's ride quite a bit. Last time we were up, my dad was at the Hershey medical center, so I spent alot of time at the hospital while my family did Hershey Park, Zoo America and Chocoate World.

Either from the motion or something else, he gets seizures from wilder rides. Even at Disney he can't go on TSM, Star Tours, or the Barnstormer anymore. Every time he did this winter, he had cluster seizures.

Disney in June will be a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Carbon Freeze looks neat but expensive !!!
Too expensive. A once in a lifetime thing for him. Though it is pretty cool!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #131
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I feel so bad for you sweet guy...so tired. That GAC card doesn't always help. As you might remember, we got one for dd in december...but only used it a couple times. Members of my group for the fall have one... and think we should make sure dd has one too... but honestly, for us... it just seemed like it never worked the way we needed it too. (I have been told I used it wrong) But... sometimes it isn't about a different entrance, but how long the wait is. I know... I know... it isn't meant to shorten your line, but for some... THAT is the issue. For some with chronic conditions having a way to leave the line is important. It was so frustrating to wait in line (a cramped line) only to have to barge our way back through to exit it.
Oh my GOSH, THAT is so true!! That just hit me between the eyes and I had to comment, because we HAVE been there done that!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #132
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Thanks for your understanding. How can you use it wrong? Looks like the new nextgen waiting area for Dumbo might be a great answer to the dilemna. Though looking at the pictures, Anakin could do the preschool things but not the stuff for his age. So I'm not sure if there is anything in there for him, but the airconditioning would sure help!!
It is us, they make sure to treat us differently... I have been told I am too nice...
Quote:

Anakin was going to have to do it again. Let me re-phrase that. Anakin was going to have to do this again!!! Oh he was soooooo excited! We got him back up into the chair. Did I mention he was so excited?! That was an understatement. The cm said she never saw a prisoner so happy to be frozen.

[/SIZE]
That is my favorite picture of JJ EVER! What happiness and enthusiasm! You are Knocking this TR out of the park...you need to write mine....I am so happy things turned out better and you enjoyed this more than going up North...even if it DID mean we didn't get to see you on your way home!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #133
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
It is us, they make sure to treat us differently... I have been told I am too nice...

That is my favorite picture of JJ EVER! What happiness and enthusiasm! You are Knocking this TR out of the park...you need to write mine....I am so happy things turned out better and you enjoyed this more than going up North...even if it DID mean we didn't get to see you on your way home!
After last year, we decided the next time we go up north it will be by plane. I'm so glad we got to meet you all last summer on our way home! Hard to believe it's been a year!

I was hoping to crank out a day each day for the TR. But very soon I'll be bouncing between the two TRs. We ate twice at the food court at AoA so I have that food report and pictures. Twice we went to Epcot and did the Highland games. I swear Anakin got sick 4 days after playing each time. He is sick again today, so we are just hanging out at the house this weekend.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #134
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

That is the cutest thing ever. High price...but sometimes we just have to take those plunges for our little ones don't we!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #135
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
That is the cutest thing ever. High price...but sometimes we just have to take those plunges for our little ones don't we!
I think it took all DH had not to get one done too. I could tell he REALLY wanted to do it. I'm so glad they didn't ask him a second time if he wanted to do it. He probably would have said yes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: