Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #16
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

What a great start to your Star Wars weekends!!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #17
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
What a great start to your Star Wars weekends!!
Welcome! Great to see you Camille!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #18
JustRZ
Mouseketeer

I love your trip reports!

As I was reading, my 4 year old DS, who is also Star Wars obsessed (as it the rest of our household), looked at the screen and said, "MOM, that boy is at Dis-i-ney, and he's holding a General Grevous lightsaber!!! He needs to be my best friend!!!" So I think it's safe to say that Jayne will be asking about his "Star Wars Dis-i-ney friend" quite a lot. It's so funny how kids just decide that they are friends with someone, even if they've never met

June 1993, off site
Dec/Jan 2002-2003, off site. Performed in a parade at the MK with my high school marching band
Serenity Crew invades WDW, January 2013

Old 06-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #19
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

I'm hear! love all the PP pics! and love the TR title! Anakin is in his element and so happy you all got to do so many of the M & G and shows during your 9 days!!!

Old 06-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #20
cgncga
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
The Force is Strong in This One
Disney Done Differently

Our family "does" Disney differently because DS(8) who is affectionately known as Anakin in the other thread has multiple health concerns and cannot "do" Disney as most other people "do". His pace is slower, days don't usually start early, heat needs to be avoided as much as possible, over exertion needs to be avoided, in addition, his 5 senses are magnified, loud noises/bright lights are painful to him.

We'll be following along with your new report, too. Sounds like everyone had a gereat time. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your SWW adventures.

Like you, we have to do Disney differently, too--for a lot of the same type of health reasons. We just can't do it as frequently as your family can.

Catherine
Old 06-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #21
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRZ View Post
I love your trip reports!

As I was reading, my 4 year old DS, who is also Star Wars obsessed (as it the rest of our household), looked at the screen and said, "MOM, that boy is at Dis-i-ney, and he's holding a General Grevous lightsaber!!! He needs to be my best friend!!!" So I think it's safe to say that Jayne will be asking about his "Star Wars Dis-i-ney friend" quite a lot. It's so funny how kids just decide that they are friends with someone, even if they've never met
Awww, that's sweet.

Welcome to you and Jayne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I'm hear! love all the PP pics! and love the TR title! Anakin is in his element and so happy you all got to do so many of the M & G and shows during your 9 days!!!
Welcome!!

We were very pleased with the PP pics! He sure is! Heading into that last weekends we still had 16 more characters left to see! We didn't know if we'd see them all or not? We didn't see them all, but stay tuned to see who we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgncga View Post
We'll be following along with your new report, too. Sounds like everyone had a gereat time. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your SWW adventures.

Like you, we have to do Disney differently, too--for a lot of the same type of health reasons. We just can't do it as frequently as your family can.

Catherine
Welcome!!

Yes you do Disney differently too! Have you considered a SWW since your DD loved JTA so much when we met at DHS?

If we had to purchase airfare we surely wouldn't be going to Disney so often. Living in central FL is a big plus for us!!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #22
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Even though you had limited time...I think you did some special things and made his day! At least you live close enough to return often....have I told you how jealous I am.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #23
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Day 2 SWW

We had ADRs for 50's PTC at 12:15 for lunch Saturday. I had to cancel them. We did not make it to SWW at all this day. Anakin was just too beat from the heat of the day before.

So we enjoyed SWW from the comfort of home thanks to the fantastic people at Attractions Magazine. We watched the day's before parade on the computer. Star Wars Weekend Parade

Old 06-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #24
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Even though you had limited time...I think you did some special things and made his day! At least you live close enough to return often....have I told you how jealous I am.
Welcome!!

Sorry! Well, kind of. Moving here was the best decision and one of the hardest decisions we ever made. Grumpy was in the hospital 4 different times in 1999. The pediatrician said this is going to be the norm for him if we don't move to a more temperate climate. He suggested Puerto Rico, we compromised with Florida. Since the move, Grumpy has never needed to be hospitalized for status asthmaticus or pneumonia!! When we moved here he couldn't run from home to first base. By third grade, he was hitting the ball to the fence and running in home runs. Did I mention this was the best decision we ever made? Disney was the bonus! He has also outgrown the asthma! The downside, we are over 1000 miles away from family.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #25
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I was wondering if you started. I haven't been on dis as much the last couple days. I am glad that I didn't miss too much... now back to read!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #26
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Hyperspace Hoopla - Day 3

Day 3

Sunday, Day 3. Once again Anakin is not feeling up to going. We know he isn't feeling well if he turns down anything Star Wars.

We decide to see how the day goes. Yullini3 or someone else on the Tips thread posted a video link to Attraction Magazine's video of Hyperspace Hoopla

I cancel our lunch ADRs for Sci Fi at 12:15, and post about the cancellation on the tips thread in case someone else wants to snag it.

After taking it easy Anakin is feeling better and would like to go to the Hoopla! We loved it last year. Anakin and I enjoyed the video we saw earlier in the day, but Grumpy had never been to the Hoopla.

All afternoon, Anakin and I would break out in song

"Hyper...hyperspace...hoooopla" (I know that's the rolls eyes emoticon, and that's just what Grumpy did with our singing. He found our singing annoying.)

In the car to DHS, "Hyper...hyperspace...hoooopla"

Walking from the car to the park, "Hyper...hyperspace...hoooopla

Unless you see the show it's hard to understand, but if you've seen the show, it's just like IASW, the song just sticks in your head!

People were already claiming their spot for the Hoopla. We planned on watching from the Idol screen so we didn't need to be there too early. We headed straight to Darth Mall, to check out the shopping. Unlike Friday, there weren't many people there. We walked right in without wait!

Dh and Grumpy wanted to look around, so I took Anakin to see Luke while they checked out the store.

The queue wasn't too long, and it was in the air conditioning!! This bought them about 15 - 20 minutes of pester free shopping!

Anakin was so excited to meet Luke.

This guy was so sweet. We would be seeing him more in days to come to beat the heat. He remembered Anakin each time and what they talked about. I was soooo impressed with him!

Grumpy and Goofy were looking at the art work right by the exit of the M&G. There was a gorgeous $17,000 painting of Naboo right by the exit that they were admiring. I could have sworn I took a picture, but maybe that was another day.

Here is where Goofy got the idea that HE wanted to have a costume too. He was checking out the Storm Trooper costume, but it was far out of budget.

There was a "food court" inside Darth Mall

Goofy, Grumpy and Anakin were like kids in a candy store. They were ooohing and awwing over this and that! There were these giant Darth Duck and Jedi Mickey bags that they just had to have!

They got one and started loading it up. There was a double edged Darth Mall saber, a glass tumber and coffee mug. At the check out counter there were these cute little round buttons/pins. They got two of each one. They really liked the Darth Duck pins and wish they would have bought more. This was the only day we saw that Darth Duck button.

Purchases were made including the Darth Maul purchase with purchase throw, but not the photo frame purchase with purchase.

Rather than carrying the bag around, Grumpy and Goofy took it back to the car while Anakin and I went from photopass person to photopass person.

He got two magic shots taken!

The guys still weren't back so we headed to the Idol screen and sat down. The last part of the Idol show was being broadcasted. We watched that and the guys found us. Grumpy wanted to check out the Build-a-droid Factory at Tattooine Traders. He didn't go with us the week before when Anakin built his droid. Link to previous post about droid factory

8PM came quickly! It was time for "Hyper...hyperspace...hoooopla"!

We love sitting at the Idol screen! There seems to be some unwritten rule about sitting and being civilized. While people line up hours before Hoopla at the stage, at the Idol screen people come and go. They are careful not to block other's view. I'm so glad Disney offers this alternative to the stage!!

On the way to the car there was a new voice singing. "Hyper...hyperspace...hoooopla"! It was Grumpy.

With week 1 finished here are the stats:

Characters seen:
1. Commander Cody
2. Luke

Shows seen:
1. Behind the Force
2. Hyperspace Hoopla

Other:
Darth Mall shopping

Last edited by lovethattink; 06-22-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #27
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

happy Grumpy joined in on the singing at the end! great photos of Anakin and Luke, sweet he remembered him

nice people are civilized during the screen showing, not pushing and shoving for spots like at the parades

Old 06-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #28
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Welcome!!

Sorry! Well, kind of. Moving here was the best decision and one of the hardest decisions we ever made. Grumpy was in the hospital 4 different times in 1999. The pediatrician said this is going to be the norm for him if we don't move to a more temperate climate. He suggested Puerto Rico, we compromised with Florida. Since the move, Grumpy has never needed to be hospitalized for status asthmaticus or pneumonia!! When we moved here he couldn't run from home to first base. By third grade, he was hitting the ball to the fence and running in home runs. Did I mention this was the best decision we ever made? Disney was the bonus! He has also outgrown the asthma! The downside, we are over 1000 miles away from family.

That is the best reason for moving. Yay for Grumpy out growing his asthma. Kacy has had asthma since she was a little one. She has grown out of it too.

Yay for Grumpy getting hooked with the song too!!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #29
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I was wondering if you started. I haven't been on dis as much the last couple days. I am glad that I didn't miss too much... now back to read!!!
I hope everything's going well with you and Zoe. Glad you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
happy Grumpy joined in on the singing at the end! great photos of Anakin and Luke, sweet he remembered him

nice people are civilized during the screen showing, not pushing and shoving for spots like at the parades
He was singing it more than us, lol!

I changed my wording, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
That is the best reason for moving. Yay for Grumpy out growing his asthma. Kacy has had asthma since she was a little one. She has grown out of it too.

Yay for Grumpy getting hooked with the song too!!
Glad she outgrew hers too!

He was singing and our singing no longer annoyed him!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #30
JustRZ
Mouseketeer

Random thought- Have you ever considered blogging your adventures at Disney?

June 1993, off site
Dec/Jan 2002-2003, off site. Performed in a parade at the MK with my high school marching band
Serenity Crew invades WDW, January 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: