Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #211
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

A month from today we will be at Celebration VI!! The guys already have their clothing picked out, and I was told I HAD to find some Star Wars shirts or costume. Well I'm an old fuddy duddy and won't be going in costume, so searching for some shirts.

I tried to download some more pictures today, but ran into difficulty with photobucket and my andoid phone. After the last update I did on the phone, so many things don't work the way they use to. I lost my swype on the keyboard and the ability to download pictures from the phone to the computer. It will only show the first picture ever taken with the phone and nothing else. Tried to download via phone to photobucket and the upload button doesn't show. Hopefully the kinks will get worked out before I get to the last day! The majority of those pics are on my phone and not the photopass CD.

Back to the TR...Characters were Anakin's only priority that day. DH's was to see a celebrity (his FP was for 3:30). Mine was to see what kind of show Dave Filoni was going to have. We had lunch reserations at Sci Fi. And the forecast was calling for rain.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #212
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I used to love dressing in costume. Not so much anymore, although if I could find a really cute one I might. Good luck on the t-shirt hunt.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #213
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Oh no! When you asked on FB today if other Android users were having issues I didn't realize it was due to the upgrade. That stinks!!

You know you can take it in to one of the Sprint stores (if that's where you got it) and they will take off the new update and reinstall the old one. I think it wipes out what apps you've downloaded, but they can save your pictures before doing it.
I had to do this with my last phone.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #214
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I used to love dressing in costume. Not so much anymore, although if I could find a really cute one I might. Good luck on the t-shirt hunt.
I really like the Her Universe Darth Vader shirt. I might buy that one. I wonder if there is mark up at Celebration or if I should buy it from the website? Or maybe from Hot Topics?

If I was thin I wouldn't hesitate on a costume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Oh no! When you asked on FB today if other Android users were having issues I didn't realize it was due to the upgrade. That stinks!!

You know you can take it in to one of the Sprint stores (if that's where you got it) and they will take off the new update and reinstall the old one. I think it wipes out what apps you've downloaded, but they can save your pictures before doing it.
I had to do this with my last phone.
I talked to one of the sprint guys at our Spring store and he walked me through a possible fix. It didn't work to be able to use photobucket, it didn't work on our old lap top or Grumpy's laptop. But it DID work on our new laptop and I was able to download all the pictures to a storage drive. So now I can download from there to photobucket!! Update to come soon!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #215
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Update on the Carbon Freeze Me

I just got a call from Fed Ex that there is a package for Anakin that is undeliverable. Apparently our address doesn't exist?! They had the correct address Anyway, it's been in town since yesterday, just hasn't made it's way to our house...yet.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #216
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

[SIZE="3"]
Carbon Freeze Me Arrived!![/
SIZE]

I had to look very hard to see his likeness. It's my little guys face, Han's hair and body.

Oh he was so excited to get his package! He'd really like to play with it, but from what I've read they are fragile. I told him he needs to keep it "mint, in the box"!

Dh is really good at thinking ahead. When we ordered it, he knew Anakin would want to play with it. So he started searching for an inexpensive alternative online. He found a Lego frozen carbonite Han Solo at a great price! He hid it for until the real one arrived. So now he has his for display and the Lego one to play with!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #217
kaoden39
Hugs

Wow how cool!! They are rather pricey aren't they? At first I thought it would be more life size. Silly me!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #218
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow how cool!! They are rather pricey aren't they? At first I thought it would be more life size. Silly me!
They did show us samples at the experience. So I knew it was going to be an 8 inch figure and the size isn't a surprise.

What did surprise me, it was shipped unsealed. Both the box it's in and the outside cardboard box weren't sealed. To top it off, the Fed ex delivery person left it at the door just before a thunderstorm.

Someone on the tip thread he reported that they got a drop of water on theirs and it stained. So I'm sure glad I got it inside before the thunderstorm!!

I think $45-$50 would have been a more reasonable price for it.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #219
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
They did show us samples at the experience. So I knew it was going to be an 8 inch figure and the size isn't a surprise.

What did surprise me, it was shipped unsealed. Both the box it's in and the outside cardboard box weren't sealed. To top it off, the Fed ex delivery person left it at the door just before a thunderstorm.

Someone on the tip thread he reported that they got a drop of water on theirs and it stained. So I'm sure glad I got it inside before the thunderstorm!!

I think $45-$50 would have been a more reasonable price for it.

I was delusional about the size obviously because I did think it was bigger.

The fact that it isn't sealed is crazy. I am so glad you got it in before the storm.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #221
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

a very cool keepsake!

great that Goofy found a lego set Anakin can play with!!!

strange it was undeliverable and then unsealed, think someone was taking a peak?
Old 07-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #222
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
a very cool keepsake!

great that Goofy found a lego set Anakin can play with!!!

strange it was undeliverable and then unsealed, think someone was taking a peak?
It is cool!

Me too!

I don't know. I wonder if that's how everyone else's arrived too?
Old 07-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #223
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Quote:
I thought it would be more life-sized as well , so you are not alone! I don't know how big I was expecting, just a lot bigger than that. I think if it was larger we could better see the resemblence to Anakin. It's kind of hard to tell in that tiny little thing.

It still is a neat keepsake!

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 07-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #224
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
I thought it would be more life-sized as well , so you are not alone! I don't know how big I was expecting, just a lot bigger than that. I think if it was larger we could better see the resemblence to Anakin. It's kind of hard to tell in that tiny little thing.

It still is a neat keepsake!
Only the face is his. Everything else is Han solo. I took pics of the screen from the first attemp when his collar was up. I don't know why I didn't take any of the one we chose? I'll have to post a few of them. The nose doesn't look like him, but the cheeks sure do! It's 3 dimensional and looking at the side view looks like him, just not so much head on.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: