Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #196
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Yes!!

Lisa, as you know from my text last night, we went to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. for dinner after picking him up at the airport. He ordered "Steamed Shellfish - A delicious mix of steamed Mussels, Clams, Snow Crab, Lobster Claw and Shrimp. Served with Jasmine Rice and a side of Mama’s best Garlic Bread." from their menu. He ate shell fish without any probem, the rice which always makes bothers his intestines (if you know what I mean), and the garlic bread! I made fajitas for dinner and he ate that without any problems and there was soy in the taco seasoning I used.

My dad went to Germany right out of high school when he went into the army. He came back from Germany without any allergies. Grumpy has always dreamed that something like that would happen with his. Looks like his dream came true!

Very thankful and grateful! Just amazing for the kid who was allergic to 80 out of the 120 things he was tested for. To me, it is a miracle!
That is too awesome. Especially since he is starting culinary school soon! LOVE how that worked out! I'm also a highly allergic person, but I can eat some of the foods I supposedly can't just fine. I'm the same as Grumpy though, no peanuts for me.

Quote:
While we are off on a tangent here...Anakin was working on his writing, phonics, and math today. His handwriting is coming along so nicely, it's very neat and he now understands about boundaries. But he got frustrated that he couldn't remember what he was suppose to write. He said he can't think clearly and things get all jumbled up. He also can't remember where to start the letters. When the work had a dot at the place he was to start he was fine, but if not he would sit there and panic that he couldn't remember. I told him it will come with more practice, just to relax and ask one of us when he can't remember.
I'm so glad you wrote this post. Just last night as I was saying my prayers I started to wonder about Anakin and his schoolwork. I was really hoping he was making good progress since his seizures have been staying away. It sounds like he is for the most part, sorry he gets so frustrated It must be tough on him.

Quote:
As for Anakin, he struggles with many things. His endurance is very low, he's been using the w/c alot. I wouldn't be able to take him to the store without it. His balance is off too. He keeps falling off the couch when he lays on it, so I have to either be right with him if he's laying on it, or he has to sit properly on it. I think the balance being off might be what's making going down stairs so difficult to him. Doc checked, his ears are fine. It has to be from the Cortical Dysplasia.

So the improvements we are seeing in other areas are such a welcome and give us more time to work with him where he struggles.

It is amazing and the timing is perfect!

This little boy is so anxious all the time. His new medication has helped alot with this though. When he is stressing over something it's easier now to move forward. In the past, he'd lose a whole day worrying over something, which is why his doctor prescribed this new medication back in May.
Sorry to hear Anakin is still having so many physical problems. I'm glad his new medication is helping with anxiety, I know far too well how debilitating that can be---and I'm sure mine has nothing on his! Glad his worrying time is down though!

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #197
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
That is too awesome. Especially since he is starting culinary school soon! LOVE how that worked out! I'm also a highly allergic person, but I can eat some of the foods I supposedly can't just fine. I'm the same as Grumpy though, no peanuts for me.

I'm so glad you wrote this post. Just last night as I was saying my prayers I started to wonder about Anakin and his schoolwork. I was really hoping he was making good progress since his seizures have been staying away. It sounds like he is for the most part, sorry he gets so frustrated It must be tough on him.

Sorry to hear Anakin is still having so many physical problems. I'm glad his new medication is helping with anxiety, I know far too well how debilitating that can be---and I'm sure mine has nothing on his! Glad his worrying time is down though!

I don't know about that. For sure, you'd be more understanding since you can relate.
Thank you so much, we appreciate the prayers! I'm sorry to hear that you face more of the same struggles.

Overnight I had a roast and potatoes in the croc pot. I added some beef boullion for flavor. Typically the soy in the boullion cube would be too much for Grumpy. He ate the beef with no problems!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #198
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

The Dark Side

Come with me to the dark side. Not Universal, but the dark side of the force to the big guy. He's tall, reall tall. Intimidating too, yet who doesn't love Darth Vader?!

A cm named Sandy was very helpful. She gave us all kinds of tips and information. She even gave Anakin a brilliant idea! To hold his mask at the side so that it appears like a helmet instead of a mask for the pictures!

Ah yes. I need to back track. A mask? Yes, remember the Boba Fett costume we purchased the night before at Darth's Mall for him to wear at CVI? And while we were talking about CVI, wheels were spinning in his head and he was hearing tomorrow. After all, it was a Boba Fett weekend. Remember, both Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan were two of the celebrities? Even Disney Blog which I read to him when it came out termed the 4th weekend as "Bonus Boba" weekend http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-world-resort/.

I'm still too far ahead of myself. Let's backtrack to 6am Saturday morning. The alarm goes off for me to give him his medication. He takes it and falls right back to sleep. DH quickly gets ready, dressed in t-shirt and shorts and heads out to DHS to see if he can score a wristband/fastpass for one of the celebrities. As he left, I told him that the line to the right is usually the longest and for the most popular star. (I had read that on the tip thread.)

I'm reading the tip thread and someone was posting live that the lines were short and she just got wristbanded. I text DH and he said that he is in line and it's huge! I asked him who's line he was in. He texts back, I was told there is only one line. (The last time we did a celebrity M&G was back when you got a FP for it at Star Tours.) Then he texts back that he is in Jeremy Bulloch's line and just got a wrist band. A few minutes later he got a fast pass for Jeremy Bulloch and headed back to us at the motel. The return time was for 4:30pm.

We had plenty of time to kill. We let Anakin sleep until he woke up on his own. When he woke up he was beyond thrilled that he was going to see the "Real Boba Fett"!!!! He asked for his costume right away for "Bonus Boba" weekend. We told him it was for CVI. A meltdown was on the horizon. I was feeding it by sticking to my guns. It was dh who gave in because he didn't want a costume to ruin the whole day, we have to pick and choose our battles and this was a battle . The velcro was too scratchy, he wanted to wear a shirt underneath. I placed a change of clothing for him in my baggallini.

So now we are back to the Dark Side with Sandy and here comes the big guy himself.

Just like the Ewok, Darth Vader noticed that he was from Endor.

Sandy stepped in and fixed Anakin's mask for him. The result...

We thanked Sandy for her help and she remarked how the force was strong in this one.

Up next, it's "Bonus Boba" weekend who do you think we saw next?

Old 07-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #199
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Boy yay for Sandy!! Such cute pictures!! I have enjoyed the character interaction with Anakin during this time. From what I have seen it was great!!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #200
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Boy yay for Sandy!! Such cute pictures!! I have enjoyed the character interaction with Anakin during this time. From what I have seen it was great!!
Michele, I can't even begin to put to words how excited and trilled he was to meet these characters. Having the characters interacting as they did and cm like Sandy just added so much more to it! You know he eat, breaths, sleeps Star Wars. Once he got back to the room he would act out the M&Gs with his Lego figures. There were many times during his M&Gs where I had misty eyes because I was so touched by the compassion I saw.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #201
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I am so jealous that you live so close and can go to all 4 weeks of SWW. I love the pictures with Darth Vader.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #202
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Michele, I can't even begin to put to words how excited and trilled he was to meet these characters. Having the characters interacting as they did and cm like Sandy just added so much more to it! You know he eat, breaths, sleeps Star Wars. Once he got back to the room he would act out the M&Gs with his Lego figures. There were many times during his M&Gs where I had misty eyes because I was so touched by the compassion I saw.

Michelle, that is great. Too many times I think the characters are in such a hurry to get through the guests that they don't take the time for a proper visit. It pleased me to see that they seemed to care more about Anakin and visiting with him than rushing through the line.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #203
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

how sweet Sandy went above and beyond to make Anakin's experience with Darth so special! I just love how all the characters have taken the extra time with him too!

Old 07-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #204
addictedtonostalgia

"Come with me to the dark side. Not Universal, but the dark side of the force to the big guy."

This line gave me a good little chuckle this morning!
Looks like you guys really had a great day, love the way the last picture turned out with the CM's suggestion!

Old 07-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #205
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Like the reference to the Darkside!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 07-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #206
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I am so jealous that you live so close and can go to all 4 weeks of SWW. I love the pictures with Darth Vader.
We didn't always live so close. It was a decision we made for Grumpy's health. Turns out it was the best decicion we could have made!! Though I really miss my family that is over 1000 miles away.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Michelle, that is great. Too many times I think the characters are in such a hurry to get through the guests that they don't take the time for a proper visit. It pleased me to see that they seemed to care more about Anakin and visiting with him than rushing through the line.
Yes! Most of the character interactions were like this! There was a cm, Melissa, who we met one of the many times we were Darth's Mall. We tried several times to see R2D2, C3PO and Princess Leia. One of those times she gave the 10 minute warning to those of us waiting. Someone in front of us asked if she thought they'd get seen. Melissa said that it was difficult to judge since the characters were given good quality time with each person. She said when we do get to interact with the characters there, we'll appreciate it. She was right! We missed those characters that particular day and ended up with Luke again, but it was still good quality time especially since he remembered Anakin and picked up where they last left off!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
how sweet Sandy went above and beyond to make Anakin's experience with Darth so special! I just love how all the characters have taken the extra time with him too!

We definately appreciated her! She was one of many that last weekend! The characters were absolutely amazing!

Quote:
"Come with me to the dark side. Not Universal, but the dark side of the force to the big guy."

This line gave me a good little chuckle this morning!
Looks like you guys really had a great day, love the way the last picture turned out with the CM's suggestion!
Glad I could give you a chuckle! Thanks, I love it too, it really does look like he's holding a helmet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Like the reference to the Darkside!!!!
Gee, I wonder who inspired that one!? It sounded familiar, huh? Thanks for welcoming me to the "other" darkside!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #207
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Hi! Catching up after a few days away. I love the pic of Anakin and the ewok. How the are standing eye to eye looking at each other is priceless!! Hooray for Sandy helping with Earth. Again always amazed at the wonderful cms........they help us ignore the few that need to go back to disney school!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #208
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Hi! Catching up after a few days away. I love the pic of Anakin and the ewok. How the are standing eye to eye looking at each other is priceless!! Hooray for Sandy helping with Earth. Again always amazed at the wonderful cms........they help us ignore the few that need to go back to disney school!
Thanks! A year ago him looking eye to eye with anyone (person or character) was few and far between. He's come a long way in a year's time! It makes that eye to eye contact so much more special to me!! It's a big accomplishment!

We encountered many wonderful cms during SWW! So many of them weren't even from DHS but other parks and were working over time. Often they couldn't answer questions, but we found them to be quick to either ask someone who would know or direct us to the person who would be able to answer.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #209
addictedtonostalgia

I saw this today and it made me think of Anakin!

Apparently people think the "N" in ESPN looks like Boba Fett!

Glad to hear he is doing better with eye contact.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #210
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I saw this today and it made me think of Anakin!

Apparently people think the "N" in ESPN looks like Boba Fett!

Glad to hear he is doing better with eye contact.
Lol! Thanks for sharing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: