Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #181
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,907

Great rooms !! Price was awesome too!!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is online now  
Old 07-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #182
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,513

Have you ever experienced one of those Florida rains where it just felt good? The rain's temperature is perfect and it's not raining too hard. Almost feels like a giant mister machine is outside. This was one of those nights. What's best of all? Anakin got to try out his Christmas present for the first time, a Lego Star Wars umbrella!!

Ever kiss a Wookie? What about a wet one? Boy were we surprised that Chewy and the Ewok were out!! Another reason to be thankful for a misty rain!

As soon as the first picture was taken, the Ewok saw Anakin's name tag and that he was from Endor too!! He got all excited and hugged and kissed Anakin. Then he showed the name tag to Chewy. Anakin was just thrilled!










From here we went over to Tatooine Traders. Rumor had it that the tent where Anakin built his other lightsaber didn't have all the parts available. He still had $ burning a hole in his pocket, and he wanted to spend it on yet another light saber.



It was now time to get a spot for the Hoopla. The rain had done a great job at clearing out crowds. For the first time it was easy to get a spot in the w/c area. One companion was allowed inside, so I stayed behind. I asked a cm if the Hoopla would be broadcasted from the Idol stage. I was told no, so I headed off to the Writer's Stop for a drink. I returned just before Hoopla was to start. I noticed that none of the characters were there. I asked a cm if there would be a hoopla tonight. He told me he is waiting for word on that, but as of now yes.



I watched a cm mopping the stage. There was so much water. Technical crew were in and out of their area conversing among themselves and managers.

Seconds later he came up to me and told me he just got word that it's a no. I went to Anakin and dh and told them, suggesting we head to Darth's Mall. By the time we began to walk away, the general announcement about a disturbance in the force came over the speakers.

By the time we got to Darth's Mall the rain had really picked up in intensity. Once in the mall, we saw rain starting to come into the tent.





The SWW merchandise was 30% off!! Plus we got our 20% PAP discount on top of that!! We got Grumpy a couple glasses and t-shirts and Anakin a Bobafett costume. We thought we were buying it for him to wear to Celebration VI. He thought we were buying it for him to wear the next day. He reasoned that it was Boba Fett weekend. Both Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan were at this weekend's SWW. He was very observant. But we didn't catch on to what was going on in his head, as he didn't verbalize what he was thinking until the next morning.












lovethattink is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #183
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,129

What great pictures of Anakin with Chewy and the Ewok. It looks like they had a lot of fun with him.


What a great deal in Darth Mall!!
kaoden39 is online now  
Old 07-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #184
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights
 
addictedtonostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 176

Love the pictures of Anakin with the Ewok and Chewbacca, you can tell he was really having a great time! Sheesh, it sure looks like that rain didn't scare anybody away from the parks. I'm so glad you guys live close to the World so he can get his Star Wars "fix". Here's to another seizure-free month! Hope his new medicine continues to keep the seizures away!
__________________
Meredith 21 year old Disney fanatic hoping to intern at Living with the Land in Spring '14

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #185
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,513

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great rooms !! Price was awesome too!!!
Of course, for the lower price we were giving up that full Disney experience. The staff at the motel are very friendly! As far as costomer service goes, you are not giving up anything. They do have a shuttle, but it only runs at specific times to specific parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
What great pictures of Anakin with Chewy and the Ewok. It looks like they had a lot of fun with him.


What a great deal in Darth Mall!!
He had a ton of fun and I think they did too.

We were suprised to see sales so early. We had read on the tips thread that the merchandise didn't go on sale til the last day, then it went to 50% off. This year, it remained at 30% off the whole weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Love the pictures of Anakin with the Ewok and Chewbacca, you can tell he was really having a great time! Sheesh, it sure looks like that rain didn't scare anybody away from the parks. I'm so glad you guys live close to the World so he can get his Star Wars "fix". Here's to another seizure-free month! Hope his new medicine continues to keep the seizures away!
Thanks, he was definately in his element.

Honestly, the crowd you see is very small. Usually there are no spots left anywhere nearby that close to the start time of Hoopla.

We hope everything continues the way it is with his seizures. Gives us more time to work on other areas where he needs help too!
lovethattink is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #186
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,819

those are my favorite photos yet of Anakin....so great Chewy and the Ewok spent the extra time and attention with him!

cool you got so much stuff with the sale!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #187
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.
 
blessedmom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.
Posts: 4,458

ONE MONTH SEIZURE FREE!!!! Celebrating with you, I KNOW that feels good and what a blessing to see improvement and changes...and yes I do relate!

Loved the pics of the new resort, so pretty and I loved the looks of the food. Sorry you encountered rude guests at the characters, I so relate to pushing/jumping over the W/C.

Love all the new pics and JJ looks awesome! Praying his throat is MUCH better!!!
blessedmom4 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #188
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,513

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
those are my favorite photos yet of Anakin....so great Chewy and the Ewok spent the extra time and attention with him!

cool you got so much stuff with the sale!
Thanks! I really like the ewok pic! The time spent with them was very special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
ONE MONTH SEIZURE FREE!!!! Celebrating with you, I KNOW that feels good and what a blessing to see improvement and changes...and yes I do relate!

Loved the pics of the new resort, so pretty and I loved the looks of the food. Sorry you encountered rude guests at the characters, I so relate to pushing/jumping over the W/C.

Love all the new pics and JJ looks awesome! Praying his throat is MUCH better!!!
Thanks! It's been such a blessing this past month! He is still seizure free. We aren't sure if it's the changes we made, his Vit D levels being back up, a gift from above or all 3. Either way we are continuing with the changes and counting it a miracle. Also, Grumpy suddenly isn't allergic to food anymore!! He came back from his fishing trip heavier and without food allergies!! We are doubly blessed!!
lovethattink is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #189
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,907

Great Bargains !!!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is online now  
Old 07-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #190
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Thanks! I really like the ewok pic! The time spent with them was very special.



Thanks! It's been such a blessing this past month! He is still seizure free. We aren't sure if it's the changes we made, his Vit D levels being back up, a gift from above or all 3. Either way we are continuing with the changes and counting it a miracle. Also, Grumpy suddenly isn't allergic to food anymore!! He came back from his fishing trip heavier and without food allergies!! We are doubly blessed!!
OMG how did that happen maybe all the fish he ate ....however it happend that is wonderful news

so happy both of your boys are doing so great!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #191
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,513

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Bargains !!!!
Yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
OMG how did that happen maybe all the fish he ate ....however it happend that is wonderful news

so happy both of your boys are doing so great!
Lisa, as you know from my text last night, we went to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. for dinner after picking him up at the airport. He ordered "Steamed Shellfish - A delicious mix of steamed Mussels, Clams, Snow Crab, Lobster Claw and Shrimp. Served with Jasmine Rice and a side of Mama’s best Garlic Bread." from their menu. He ate shell fish without any probem, the rice which always makes bothers his intestines (if you know what I mean), and the garlic bread! I made fajitas for dinner and he ate that without any problems and there was soy in the taco seasoning I used.

My dad went to Germany right out of high school when he went into the army. He came back from Germany without any allergies. Grumpy has always dreamed that something like that would happen with his. Looks like his dream came true!

Very thankful and grateful! Just amazing for the kid who was allergic to 80 out of the 120 things he was tested for. To me, it is a miracle!
lovethattink is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #192
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,513

While we are off on a tangent here...Anakin was working on his writing, phonics, and math today. His handwriting is coming along so nicely, it's very neat and he now understands about boundaries. But he got frustrated that he couldn't remember what he was suppose to write. He said he can't think clearly and things get all jumbled up. He also can't remember where to start the letters. When the work had a dot at the place he was to start he was fine, but if not he would sit there and panic that he couldn't remember. I told him it will come with more practice, just to relax and ask one of us when he can't remember.
lovethattink is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #193
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Yes!!



Lisa, as you know from my text last night, we went to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. for dinner after picking him up at the airport. He ordered "Steamed Shellfish - A delicious mix of steamed Mussels, Clams, Snow Crab, Lobster Claw and Shrimp. Served with Jasmine Rice and a side of Mama’s best Garlic Bread." from their menu. He ate shell fish without any probem, the rice which always makes bothers his intestines (if you know what I mean), and the garlic bread! I made fajitas for dinner and he ate that without any problems and there was soy in the taco seasoning I used.

My dad went to Germany right out of high school when he went into the army. He came back from Germany without any allergies. Grumpy has always dreamed that something like that would happen with his. Looks like his dream came true!

Very thankful and grateful! Just amazing for the kid who was allergic to 80 out of the 120 things he was tested for. To me, it is a miracle!
this is really amazing...maybe he just outgrew them....will you get him re-tested to double check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
While we are off on a tangent here...Anakin was working on his writing, phonics, and math today. His handwriting is coming along so nicely, it's very neat and he now understands about boundaries. But he got frustrated that he couldn't remember what he was suppose to write. He said he can't think clearly and things get all jumbled up. He also can't remember where to start the letters. When the work had a dot at the place he was to start he was fine, but if not he would sit there and panic that he couldn't remember. I told him it will come with more practice, just to relax and ask one of us when he can't remember.
oh poor little guy....hope he doesn't get to frustrated he is moving forward so well...please tell him how proud we are all his hard work!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #194
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,129

Oh wow that is amazing about Grumpy!!



I am sorry to hear that Anakin is stressing again over his school work. Poor guy.
kaoden39 is online now  
Old 07-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #195
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,513

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
this is really amazing...maybe he just outgrew them....will you get him re-tested to double check?

oh poor little guy....hope he doesn't get to frustrated he is moving forward so well...please tell him how proud we are all his hard work!
Grumpy informed me that his grandfather had to clean all the fish. He started to clean them and his eyes got bothered. That's happened with Mackerel here. I forget what kind of fish he said it happened with there. I think it was crappies? So grandpa put the limit at 50 fish a day because he couldn't clean anymore than that.

He didn't try any of the foods that had given him an anaphylactic reaction, but he did try foods in the same family. He was able to eat legumes for the first time in years, but he said he wasn't going to play Russian roulet and eat peanuts. He had peas and green beans and no reaction. In the past he had reactions to both.

Either way, the timing is perfect as he begins culinary school in the fall!! I have been so apprehensive about him being around so much food that he is allergic to. This will make things much easier on him and on my mind!

As for Anakin, he struggles with many things. His endurance is very low, he's been using the w/c alot. I wouldn't be able to take him to the store without it. His balance is off too. He keeps falling off the couch when he lays on it, so I have to either be right with him if he's laying on it, or he has to sit properly on it. I think the balance being off might be what's making going down stairs so difficult to him. Doc checked, his ears are fine. It has to be from the Cortical Dysplasia.

So the improvements we are seeing in other areas are such a welcome and give us more time to work with him where he struggles.



Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh wow that is amazing about Grumpy!!



I am sorry to hear that Anakin is stressing again over his school work. Poor guy.
It is amazing and the timing is perfect!

This little boy is so anxious all the time. His new medication has helped alot with this though. When he is stressing over something it's easier now to move forward. In the past, he'd lose a whole day worrying over something, which is why his doctor prescribed this new medication back in May.
lovethattink is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: