Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #166
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
You might suggest the Mono test...I had repeated strep throat and tonsillitis when I had mono and my throat was excruciatingly sore...just a thought. Glad he is better today!

I couldn't get over the mono until they took my tonsils out...I missed the entire third quarter and most of the fourth quarter of my junior year while they tried to figure out what was going on with me...
I will mention something to his pediatrician, she will be back in her office Tues. I remember when Grumpy was in 1st grade one of his friends had mono. She was so sick. He is not feeling sick, doesn't act sick. Hasn't had a fever since the scarlet fever. But he does periodically complain that his throat is scratchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Yes!! Kody and I were in and out of the doctors office and er because of high fevers and consistently they prescribed antibiotics then sent us home. Always with the diagnosis that it was strep. Finally on our third or fourth visit we saw Loren's pediatrician and he finished examining her and told me she had mono. He said he would run a blood test if I insisted but he had seen it enough times to know what it was.

Wow, must have been really frustration til you got the diagnosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Hello there, coming out of lurkdom to post on your trip report too!

Reading all your trip reports have educated me so much about epilepsy--so thanks for sharing it with everyone here at the DIS, even those of us who don't post much. Anakin seems like an absolute sweetheart, so sorry he has to go through all that. I'll hope and pray that as the years go on the doctors are able to get better control over his seisures. I have a couple of good friends with Asperger's, so I'm pretty familiar with it. When I got older, (out of my teens) people (doctors and therapists) began to suggest that I had Asperger's but I brushed it off because I am a very outgoing person. But it sounds like Anakin is the same way. I think I just have a lot of sensory issues. Whoops, I'm rambling now...

Sorry about the mean looks people give you. I always try not to judge anyone, because usually there is a good reason behind everything you see. Hope Anakin feels better soon, sore throats are no fun.
Welcome!! I'm so glad you came out of lurkdom! I see the view count go up, and would love for others to pop in and say hello too!

I appreciate the good thoughts and prayers! Once we get through Sunday night, he will be a month seizure free!!

There are alot of people who fall on the spectrum, and many more who have never been tested. Dealing with sensitivity issues can present some interesting challenges. Do you think you'll get tested? Aspergers as a diagnosis will disappear in 2014 when the new DSM comes out. They are revamping the diagnosis' for Autism Spectrum disorder.

He is feeling much better, thanks!
lovethattink is online now  
Old 07-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #167
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,132

We were frustrated and I wondered why she wasn't getting well. She would feel better for a few days and then we would go back to her being so sick.


Have a great weekend!!
kaoden39 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #168
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,870

happy Anakin is feeling better...sounds like the mono test might be a good idea!


my nephew is in the Aspergers spectrum....he is doing quite well though, not sure what the new "rules" will do to his school, etc. he is in the special ed program
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 07-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #169
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights
 
addictedtonostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

Welcome!! I'm so glad you came out of lurkdom! I see the view count go up, and would love for others to pop in and say hello too!

I appreciate the good thoughts and prayers! Once we get through Sunday night, he will be a month seizure free!!

There are alot of people who fall on the spectrum, and many more who have never been tested. Dealing with sensitivity issues can present some interesting challenges. Do you think you'll get tested? Aspergers as a diagnosis will disappear in 2014 when the new DSM comes out. They are revamping the diagnosis' for Autism Spectrum disorder.

He is feeling much better, thanks!
One month without seizures, that is awesome! Praying that the seizures stay away unless of course you need any testing! Hope he feels better though I don't know if I'll get tested. I'm not really sure how my parents would feel about that, and I'm still on their insurance, so... I didn't know Asperger's was disappearing as a diagnosis. The reasons I suspect Asperger's have improved a lot since I've gotten older, I just still have some lingering sensory issues and hate, hate, HATE, when things change or my routine gets messed up. My parents I think just thought I was being difficult (for example I couldn't wear lots of clothes because I hated the way they felt, lots of noises bothered me, I ate/still eat pretty much the same food), and I never considered Asperger's or any form of ASD until people began suggesting it and I became more familiar with them.
__________________
Meredith 21 year old Disney fanatic hoping to intern at Living with the Land in Spring '14

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #170
jmskinner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: No longer an hour away.
Posts: 4,234

All caught up. Love the Carbon Freeze Chamber, wish they would do that all year, my boys would love it.

Hope Anakin is doing better? I had Mono and felt fine. A lymphnode in my neck was swollen was the whole reason I went in to the doctor. Hope they figure it out soon.
__________________
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
jmskinner is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #171
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
We were frustrated and I wondered why she wasn't getting well. She would feel better for a few days and then we would go back to her being so sick.


Have a great weekend!!
I'm sure that was tough on the both of you!

I'm happy to report he is doing well. His throat hasn't hurt for a few days. I guess he needed 2 courses of antibiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
happy Anakin is feeling better...sounds like the mono test might be a good idea!


my nephew is in the Aspergers spectrum....he is doing quite well though, not sure what the new "rules" will do to his school, etc. he is in the special ed program
Glad you nephew is doing well. The new rules apply to 2014, if I understand correctly. For now it shouldn't make any difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
One month without seizures, that is awesome! Praying that the seizures stay away unless of course you need any testing! Hope he feels better though I don't know if I'll get tested. I'm not really sure how my parents would feel about that, and I'm still on their insurance, so... I didn't know Asperger's was disappearing as a diagnosis. The reasons I suspect Asperger's have improved a lot since I've gotten older, I just still have some lingering sensory issues and hate, hate, HATE, when things change or my routine gets messed up. My parents I think just thought I was being difficult (for example I couldn't wear lots of clothes because I hated the way they felt, lots of noises bothered me, I ate/still eat pretty much the same food), and I never considered Asperger's or any form of ASD until people began suggesting it and I became more familiar with them.
Thankfully we have made it to the one month point of being seizure free!! The last seizure was just after he fell asleep on June 10th.

Your sensory issues sound very familiar.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
All caught up. Love the Carbon Freeze Chamber, wish they would do that all year, my boys would love it.

Hope Anakin is doing better? I had Mono and felt fine. A lymphnode in my neck was swollen was the whole reason I went in to the doctor. Hope they figure it out soon.
We are still waiting for his Carbon Freeze Me. It would be nice if they did it year round.

He is doing much better. 2 courses of antibiotic kicked it out.
lovethattink is online now  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #172
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,670

We last left off with Carbon Freeze me and his FG casting her spell. The spell must have boosted his midi-chlorian counts or something.

Once again, we checked into The Palms Hotel and Villas. Upon check-in we were informed that we were given an upgraded room!! This room had a fireplace, like we'd really need this in June in Florida! But it did add a beautiful touch to the room. The kitchen was also L-shaped insted of horizontal like our first room there. Also a plus, there were 2 entry-ways to the bathroom. One from the living room and one from the bedroom. On our last stay, the only entry to the bathroom was through the master bedroom.

Standing at the door looking forward.



Standing at the door looking right. A sofa bed and chair with ottoman, fire place and tv.



The kitchen



Pantry



This picture didn't do it justice. The pantry was pretty big. Here is Anakin demonstrating how this would be a great hide and go seek place. I tried to edit his red eyes, but when I got to the 2nd eye, his shirt turned green!



Light and garbage disposal at sink



Living room tv



Fire Place



Looking from kitchen to the door. Notice the light coming from outside. That will come into play later.



dual entry into bathroom. Separate sink and toilet/shower room









If you remember last time there was a funny smell to the room and upon check in there was a lack of toilet paper. This room didn't smell funny and there was an extra roll of toilet paper.



Heading out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. There was a king bed, night stands, dresser, tv, and closet.









To Anakin, the best thing about check in was our room key!!



We had taken enough picture. Ate a quick supper. And headed off to SWW!! But now it was raining.

Would we get soaked? Would we have fun? Would Disney cancel the Hoopla? Would the characters be out in the rain?






lovethattink is online now  
Old 07-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #173
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights
 
addictedtonostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 176

Glad to hear Anakin is feeling better! I had a bad strep throat "incident" when I was around 12, took three rounds to finally kick it, it looked a bit dicy there for a bit. Hope he stays healthy!

I'm thinking about bringing my sensory issues up to my therapist. You never know. Speaking of sensory issues, man I wish I had known the post-it note trick growing up, those toilets terrified me!

Your room(s) look great, glad there was no funny smell and plenty of toilet paper. Also glad Anakin got the perfect key for him!
__________________
Meredith 21 year old Disney fanatic hoping to intern at Living with the Land in Spring '14

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #174
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Glad to hear Anakin is feeling better! I had a bad strep throat "incident" when I was around 12, took three rounds to finally kick it, it looked a bit dicy there for a bit. Hope he stays healthy!

I'm thinking about bringing my sensory issues up to my therapist. You never know. Speaking of sensory issues, man I wish I had known the post-it note trick growing up, those toilets terrified me!

Your room(s) look great, glad there was no funny smell and plenty of toilet paper. Also glad Anakin got the perfect key for him!
It's a great trick for potty training too. That loud flush can be terrifying! And those new hand dryers are even louder. I cringe at that sound, yet I use them, go figure!

May 8th he began taking a medication for OCD. That has helped him so much. I wonder if alot of his seizures were anxiety related? He has been able to tolerate the toilet flushing now. He doesn't like it, but he's not hitting the highway when he hears it flush.
lovethattink is online now  
Old 07-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #175
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,132

That's a very cozy looking room. What a huge pantry!!
kaoden39 is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #176
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,131

Great update, Tink. Love the room...although I'm sure you didn't need that fireplace unless you wanted to roast marshmellows.
KatMark is online now  
Old 07-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #177
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
That's a very cozy looking room. What a huge pantry!!
It was cozy. The first room we had there the pantry was a fourth of that size and there was no real closet. It was basically a pantry and closet combined. It fit dh's jedi costume and a few other shirts. This room was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Tink. Love the room...although I'm sure you didn't need that fireplace unless you wanted to roast marshmellows.
You know us too well. Campfire is our thing. The room didn't need any heat from fire!
lovethattink is online now  
Old 07-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #178
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,870

wow that's a huge room! would be perfect for a long stay with all that storage
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #179
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!
 
reelmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 5,624

Jumping onboard. Anakin is precious. Glad to hear he has been seizure free. Going over to read your other TR.
reelmom is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #180
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
wow that's a huge room! would be perfect for a long stay with all that storage
Not bad for $67.15 plus tax a night! They know how to treat return visitors! Can you believe this is the same room we got last weekend? Of course with the holiday it was more expensive $71.16 plus taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Jumping onboard. Anakin is precious. Glad to hear he has been seizure free. Going over to read your other TR.
Welcome!! Glad you are here and checking out the other as well!

Thanks! He is our walking miracle in more ways than one!
lovethattink is online now  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: