Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #31
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Can you book 499 days from the start of your trip or is it 499 days from the last day?

I'm trying to figure out when I can book!

Have a Holly Jolly Disney! A Dec 2013 PTR

Family Trips:

Disneyland 2005 (Candy Cane Inn)
Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Solo Trips: impossible to quantify...I've lived in both Orlando and Southern California!
::danielle:: is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #32
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

So I guess next wednesday I can book mine then.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #33
Brandilovesdisney
DIS Veteran

We are planning a 2 week Disney Christmas vacation at POR for December 2013!!! So excited!!!!!

I believe it's 499 days from your check-out date.

Disneyland 1983 (off property), Disneyworld 1992 (off property), Disneyworld 2003 (off property), ASMo September, 2010, POFQ November 2011, planning Star Wars Weekends and Disney Cruise Vacations

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths"
~Walt Disney~
Brandilovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #34
emcclay
Mouseketeer

Pop Warner will be there December 1-8, 2013.

Planning a trip for December 11-21, 2013! Crossing my fingers We get on the tail end of Free Dining

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
emcclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #35
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

We are planning for Dec 8 - 12 Disney Dream, and then Dec 12 - 15 (or 16) at WDW!!! First time cruise for us, and first time visiting the World at Christmas time!!! Soooo excited!!
Old 07-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #36
Brandilovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcclay View Post

Planning a trip for December 11-21, 2013! Crossing my fingers We get on the tail end of Free Dining
Where did you find the 2013 schedule for Pop Warner?

Disneyland 1983 (off property), Disneyworld 1992 (off property), Disneyworld 2003 (off property), ASMo September, 2010, POFQ November 2011, planning Star Wars Weekends and Disney Cruise Vacations

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths"
~Walt Disney~
Brandilovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #37
serene56
DIS Veteran

pop warner ALWAYs goes the first full week in december .

we are planning the 8th thru 14th
fecorations go up begining of november parties start the same time but stuff like the santas in the countries do not start until after thanksgiving

our surprise day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2cIzwp4XWk&feature=plcp

serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #38
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcclay View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
pop warner ALWAYs goes the first full week in december .

we are planning the 8th thru 14th
fecorations go up begining of november parties start the same time but stuff like the santas in the countries do not start until after thanksgiving
I wouldn't be so sure of this. The more I read the more I believe they will be there the week of Dec. 8-14.

Pop Warner does typically go the first full week of December. However being that the first weekend is part of the holiday weekend (which does not typically coincide with the first weekend in December), I believe that this will not hold true for several reasons...Number one, the calendar year for November/December 2013 exactly mirrors the calendar year for 2002 (Thanksgiving on Nov. 28) so I looked at historical Pop Warner dates for 2002 and their dates for that year were Dec. 8 - 14. Second, I saw someone else said that they always have some big competition Thanksgiving weekend also, so there is little chance they would travel that weekend. Also, Disney is very crowded that weekend following Thanksgiving usually, so I can't imagine Disney would agree to discount block rooms for Pop Warner during a high-crowd time period like that, as it would be actually a money losing thing for them. Pop Warner always takes place during a slow week for Disney.

Hope that information helps someone...it's still good to be flexible because you never know for SURE until the dates are in black & white, but my deductive reasoning skills tell me that it's a safe bet Pop Warner week for 2013 will be Dec 8 - 14.

Me DH DD16 DS13 DS12 DD10
December 2013 - Art of Animation Resort for our 2nd Magical Christmas at Disney!
December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
mom-n-michaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #39
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-n-michaela View Post
I wouldn't be so sure of this. The more I read the more I believe they will be there the week of Dec. 8-14.

Pop Warner does typically go the first full week of December. However being that the first weekend is part of the holiday weekend (which does not typically coincide with the first weekend in December), I believe that this will not hold true for several reasons...Number one, the calendar year for November/December 2013 exactly mirrors the calendar year for 2002 (Thanksgiving on Nov. 28) so I looked at historical Pop Warner dates for 2002 and their dates for that year were Dec. 8 - 14. Second, I saw someone else said that they always have some big competition Thanksgiving weekend also, so there is little chance they would travel that weekend. Also, Disney is very crowded that weekend following Thanksgiving usually, so I can't imagine Disney would agree to discount block rooms for Pop Warner during a high-crowd time period like that, as it would be actually a money losing thing for them. Pop Warner always takes place during a slow week for Disney.

Hope that information helps someone...it's still good to be flexible because you never know for SURE until the dates are in black & white, but my deductive reasoning skills tell me that it's a safe bet Pop Warner week for 2013 will be Dec 8 - 14.
I'm thinking like you on this and I really hope it's true, but if not I'll make the best of it anyway it will be 4 years since I've been.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #40
JacknDawn4ever
"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."

After careful consideration, my DH and I have decided to change our dates to 11/9/13 to 11/16/13. This way we can still see Christmas decorations, go to MVMCP, hopefully get FD, and miss December crowds (since Thanksgiving is late and then Pop Warner week occurs. I hope all of you have a magical trip in December ..... Happy Planning!!!

First Disney Trip - 1985 with Grandparents - stayed offsite
Family's First Disney Trip - March 2012 - POR
November 2014 - POR
JacknDawn4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #41
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknDawn4ever View Post
After careful consideration, my DH and I have decided to change our dates to 11/9/13 to 11/16/13. This way we can still see Christmas decorations, go to MVMCP, hopefully get FD, and miss December crowds (since Thanksgiving is late and then Pop Warner week occurs. I hope all of you have a magical trip in December ..... Happy Planning!!!
That isn't a bad idea! When do the decorations normally go up and MVMCP start? I always assumed those didn't happen until the week of Thanksgiving.

Me DH DD16 DS13 DS12 DD10
December 2013 - Art of Animation Resort for our 2nd Magical Christmas at Disney!
December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
mom-n-michaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #42
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That isn't a bad idea! When do the decorations normally go up and MVMCP start? I always assumed those didn't happen until the week of Thanksgiving.
The first MVMCP this is year is Nov. 9th.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #43
GATORinaZ28
DIS Dad#764

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
Can you book 499 days from the start of your trip or is it 499 days from the last day?

I'm trying to figure out when I can book!
It's from the last day of your visit.

71-84 - Contemporary Resort with Grandparents || 01/94 - Off Site @ Disneyland || 06/07 - Contemporary Resort || 02/08 - Caribbean Beach Resort || 05/10 - All-Star Sports / Coronado Springs Resort || 12/10 - Offsite @ DisneyWorld || 11/11 - Port Orleans Riverside || 11/13 - Port Orleans French Quarter

Next trip: 5/14 Rock Your Disney Side Party / Pop Century & 11/14 Pop Century
GATORinaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #44
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknDawn4ever View Post

We were considering changing our days to these exactly but when I started reading-- it just will not do for me.

See, going for the holiday season next year is a chance of a lifetime and I will never get to do it again. (honey works retail and can not take off in Dec. Next year is an exception because it is my first and only to do disney at the holiday season,.

Going in Novemeber I would miss out on the Santas in the countries which is a biggies on my list. And the santas do not arrive until after thanksgiving.

our surprise day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2cIzwp4XWk&feature=plcp

serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #45
emcclay
Mouseketeer

Quote:

My mistake, the website I saw it on said 2012. Looks like we will be spending the extra money to stay at WL then

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
emcclay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: