Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #46
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on
 
daisy_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,195

So is it pretty sweltering in May?

I have been in September and it was pretty hot. But nothing too bad. I have nothing to compare it to really. Just curious what you all think of May weather.
__________________
Our family: UsDD 9DS 1...one on the way 8-10-14!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #47
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
We are in the process of planning our next trip to celebrate DD's High School graduation. Our tentative dates are May 24th-June 9th still not sure about the resort.

We always wanted to travel in May but school schedules have prevented it till now. We were just there June 7 -17 and had a wonderful time. DD loves SWW so we knew we wanted to return during that time.

Looking forward to hearing everyones plans
Welcom wdwnut61. Glad to have another Diser going at about the same time I am. I loved going in May last year, can't wait to hear more about your plans.

You have been officially added to the list. Just let me know if anything changes


Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
So is it pretty sweltering in May?

I have been in September and it was pretty hot. But nothing too bad. I have nothing to compare it to really. Just curious what you all think of May weather.
I was there in Mid September for 2009 and the end of May in 2011. During both occasions It was in the mid/high 80's or low 90's all week. I don't know if this was typical or untypical weather for that time of year. I did notice that it did cool down at night and the one evening we did the swimming pool was barely warm enough to go swimming (or at least in MHO).
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #48
PebblesMom
Mouseketeer
 
PebblesMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 308

Hi! We are going from May 31st to June 8th!!!! There will be 11 of us going! Out of the 11 going...only 3 of us have been there before, so it should be very exciting!!! It is going to be a little bit of a challange because we will have 6 kids ranging in age from 3 to 15!
We are staying at POP, and I could not contain myself at the one year mark.....so we booked our rooms! I am not sure we are going to do the dining plan. It is up for debate! As for ADR's everyone wants to go to Chef Mickey's, CRT, and T-Rex Cafe! I would love to go several other places, but I also do not want to many table service meals, so we will see!
I really look forward to see how everyone's trips are comming together!!!!
__________________
DH Me DS (6) DS (4)
PebblesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #49
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on
 
daisy_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post

I was there in Mid September for 2009 and the end of May in 2011. During both occasions It was in the mid/high 80's or low 90's all week. I don't know if this was typical or untypical weather for that time of year. I did notice that it did cool down at night and the one evening we did the swimming pool was barely warm enough to go swimming (or at least in MHO).
Thank you for your opinion! I just kinda want to brace myself for it. I know it will definitely be hot compared to where we live. We will most likely still be wearing sweaters when we leave for Disney.
__________________
Our family: UsDD 9DS 1...one on the way 8-10-14!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #50
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on
 
daisy_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,195

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMom View Post
Hi! We are going from May 31st to June 8th!!!! There will be 11 of us going! Out of the 11 going...only 3 of us have been there before, so it should be very exciting!!! It is going to be a little bit of a challange because we will have 6 kids ranging in age from 3 to 15!
We are staying at POP, and I could not contain myself at the one year mark.....so we booked our rooms! I am not sure we are going to do the dining plan. It is up for debate! As for ADR's everyone wants to go to Chef Mickey's, CRT, and T-Rex Cafe! I would love to go several other places, but I also do not want to many table service meals, so we will see!
I really look forward to see how everyone's trips are comming together!!!!
Oh how fun!! Pop is such a fun resort! I LOVE it
We may try T-Rex too this year. Chef Mickeys looks fun too!

It is going to be so much fun to plan! Especially for your and all those newbies!
__________________
Our family: UsDD 9DS 1...one on the way 8-10-14!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #51
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMom View Post
Hi! We are going from May 31st to June 8th!!!! There will be 11 of us going! Out of the 11 going...only 3 of us have been there before, so it should be very exciting!!! It is going to be a little bit of a challange because we will have 6 kids ranging in age from 3 to 15!
We are staying at POP, and I could not contain myself at the one year mark.....so we booked our rooms! I am not sure we are going to do the dining plan. It is up for debate! As for ADR's everyone wants to go to Chef Mickey's, CRT, and T-Rex Cafe! I would love to go several other places, but I also do not want to many table service meals, so we will see!
I really look forward to see how everyone's trips are comming together!!!!
Welcome PebblesMom, I glad you could make it.

11 people and most of them newbies, how exciting. I am sure you will all have a wonderful time. Pop is on the short list of places to stay, stayed there last year a it is a great resort. Great choices for ADR's. Do you have a Rainforst Cafe by you? If you do you can sign up for the rewards program and get discounts to T -Rex (it is owned by the same company).

I added you to the list.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #52
DISNEY1975
DIS Veteran
 
DISNEY1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,864

Im here! I havent decided on dates or resorts yet, but it will be a May trip. It all depends on when DSs are finished with their college final exams. We will be leaving that night!!!

Other considerations are promos and flights. We typically go for 10 days, Tuesday thru Thursday, because flights are cheaper mid week. With a younger child still in grade school. we might have to change this so shes not missing too much school, but if the difference is $1000 or more, she'll be missing school! (3rd grade)

We will be needing 2 rooms this year for 6 of us, so most likely whe'll stay at a moderate. One son has picked Coronado, but Im leaning towards POFQ. We will definitely have deluxe dining package for Signature restaurants and the Spirit of Aloha (tradition on our first night).

Other than that, only time will tell! Cant wait for the 2013 package rates to come out!
__________________
MOM of 3

Polynesian - 1975 / Contemporary - 1977 / Grosvenor - 1978 / Vistana - 1980 / Polynesian - 1982 / Hilton WDW - 1984 / Buena Vista Palace - 1985 / Contemporary - 1987 / Intl Dr - 1989 / Yacht Club - 1991 / Polynesian - 1993 / Boardwalk - 1995 / Wilderness Lodge - 1998 / Carribean - 1999 / Intl Dr - 2001 / Yacht Club - 2003 / Boardwalk - 2005 / Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006 / Contemporary - 2008 / Polynesian - 2010 / Port Orleans FQ - 2011
DISNEY1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #53
AJ1983
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 611

Hey everyone! My bf and I are headed to Orlando May 6-10, before setting sail on a Caribbean cruise May 11-18. We have our flights and cruise booked, but not the hotel-waiting for the 2013 rates to come out for Disney resorts. I have my heart set on staying at Pop, because last year it looked to be the same price as an offsite place, when you factor in that your return airport transportation in included, as well as shuttles to all Disney parks (we aren't renting a car). So hopefully, that is still the case this year.

We are planning on doing a day each at MK, DHS, and AK, and a day each at US and IOA. Have a fairly good idea of what attractions we wanna see/do, but the exact order/ dates for each park will be determined once park hours/EMH are released .

We aren't planning on doing the dining plan because frankly, we aren't huge eaters while on vacation, especially if its hot, so it would be a waste of money for us. Also, we will be getting some things from Garden Grocer to supplement. Finally, we are going on a cruise the following week and will have a week of wonderful food, so we don't mind going the skimpier route (ie PB & J or sharing CS meals) while in Orlando. Maybe when we have kids and are forced to have more structured mealtimes, we will see the value in it more.

Look forward to hearing about everyone's planning! Can someone tell me how to do a PTR, and when you usually start one (or direct me to an existing thread on the subject?). Thanks!

HAPPY PLANNING!
AJ1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #54
PrincessLilysMommy
Earning My Ears
 
PrincessLilysMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 15

Hello! My husband, daughter, and I will be driving from Oklahoma to Disney World, and plan on stay at AoA from May 12-24. As for dining, we have most of it narrowed down. DH wants to do a night out, just the two of us, so I need to look into where we would like to dine.
PrincessLilysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #55
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Joining in! We'll be at the CBR May 22nd to June 1st.
Of course, CBR!! Can't wait to read your PTR once you start! Would be nice to see you for a bit this time around if it can be worked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi everyone!

We are HOPING to go back from May 16 - 25....hoping also that this is the first SWW!! Thoughts on this??? We will most likely be at POR.....
I just started my TR from this year's SWW, it's in my siggie. Sometime in Dec/Jan the dates should be announced for this year's. Not sure how they'll pick their dates since June 1st is a Saturday, if they'll consider that week May or June. Also on the 2012 planning thread there was some talk of possibly changing it to a cooler month, so who knows. I'm banking on May though! Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
I'm here as well.

May 11-18 @ POR for DN's First trip and her 5th birthday (and 100% of it will be a surprise!)!
You are so good at suprises! Will your kids be surprised too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Making dining plans is my favorite part of trip planning! There are so many great places to try!

For me, I am so lost on what is new at the parks. I've heard about JTA, the new FL expansion...and all that but I really don't know anything details. This is the part of trip planning that I need to work at and need to research.

Also does anyone have any experience with traveling with a baby? I would love any tips if anyone has any! I plan on wearing a sling, but I know once it gets hot during the later parts of the day, the baby will be in his or her stroller.

Anyways, sorry to be a thread hog, I am just so super excited to start planning!
For JTA it's like TSM and a mad dash to register. Unless it changes, you go to Sounds Dangerous to register. The child participating must be present and must answer some questions. You'll get a return time and told where to meet prior to going on stage and everyone walks to the stage together. Well, sort of, the kids walk together with the parents all following. There is a photopass photographer who will take lots of pictures of the kids! You'll be handed a photopass with all the pictures taken. During SWW this year, registration was at Indian Jones, but they met at Sounds Dangerous before the show to walk to the stage.

Make full use of the baby care centers! They are great! All but AK have huge diaper changing tables. AK's are smaller, unless they've changed. There are nursing rooms too and rockers. There is an area for high chairs, coloring, a tv, and usually some toys. Great place to cool down with little ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
We are in the process of planning our next trip to celebrate DD's High School graduation. Our tentative dates are May 24th-June 9th still not sure about the resort.

We always wanted to travel in May but school schedules have prevented it till now. We were just there June 7 -17 and had a wonderful time. DD loves SWW so we knew we wanted to return during that time.

Looking forward to hearing everyones plans
Glad you're getting a chance to travel when you want! SWW is a great time to go, especially for a SW fan! Did you write a TR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
So is it pretty sweltering in May?

I have been in September and it was pretty hot. But nothing too bad. I have nothing to compare it to really. Just curious what you all think of May weather.
May and September temps are pretty comparible. 90's during the day and 70's at night usually.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1983 View Post
Look forward to hearing about everyone's planning! Can someone tell me how to do a PTR, and when you usually start one (or direct me to an existing thread on the subject?). Thanks!

HAPPY PLANNING!
Here's a link to the Pre-trip planning board http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #56
Christine9125
DIS Veteran
 
Christine9125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,565

I am in, POP May 11-14, BC CL 14-17
__________________

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #57
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY1975 View Post
Im here! I havent decided on dates or resorts yet, but it will be a May trip. It all depends on when DSs are finished with their college final exams. We will be leaving that night!!!

Other considerations are promos and flights. We typically go for 10 days, Tuesday thru Thursday, because flights are cheaper mid week. With a younger child still in grade school. we might have to change this so shes not missing too much school, but if the difference is $1000 or more, she'll be missing school! (3rd grade)

We will be needing 2 rooms this year for 6 of us, so most likely whe'll stay at a moderate. One son has picked Coronado, but Im leaning towards POFQ. We will definitely have deluxe dining package for Signature restaurants and the Spirit of Aloha (tradition on our first night).

Other than that, only time will tell! Cant wait for the 2013 package rates to come out!
Welcome DISNEY1975, it's good to have you hear. Sounds like you have some many good plans already, now we just need Disney to release those dates. I love POFQ, but since it is the only Mod that I have stayed at I don't have alot to compare it to. Can't wait until dates come out and I can officially add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1983 View Post
Hey everyone! My bf and I are headed to Orlando May 6-10, before setting sail on a Caribbean cruise May 11-18. We have our flights and cruise booked, but not the hotel-waiting for the 2013 rates to come out for Disney resorts. I have my heart set on staying at Pop, because last year it looked to be the same price as an offsite place, when you factor in that your return airport transportation in included, as well as shuttles to all Disney parks (we aren't renting a car). So hopefully, that is still the case this year.

We are planning on doing a day each at MK, DHS, and AK, and a day each at US and IOA. Have a fairly good idea of what attractions we wanna see/do, but the exact order/ dates for each park will be determined once park hours/EMH are released .

We aren't planning on doing the dining plan because frankly, we aren't huge eaters while on vacation, especially if its hot, so it would be a waste of money for us. Also, we will be getting some things from Garden Grocer to supplement. Finally, we are going on a cruise the following week and will have a week of wonderful food, so we don't mind going the skimpier route (ie PB & J or sharing CS meals) while in Orlando. Maybe when we have kids and are forced to have more structured mealtimes, we will see the value in it more.

Look forward to hearing about everyone's planning! Can someone tell me how to do a PTR, and when you usually start one (or direct me to an existing thread on the subject?). Thanks!

HAPPY PLANNING!
Welcome AJ1983. How exciting to be going on a cruise after spending a couple days at Disney. Sounds like you have a pretty full couple of days before heading off on your cruise. I someday want to do a cruise, I like the idea of having the same wait staff everyday and getting to know them. I am kind of thinking of doing Pop again as well, I hope it works out for both of us.

OK for starting a PTR, go to the Disney Trip report section of the main page of the forums, than click at the top at PreTrip Reports and Plans, than finally go to the bottom of the page and click on the new thread box. I by passed the first two steps for you so all you have to do it scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the button to start your thread. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Please let me know when you start your PTR and I will add it to post # 4. People start when every they feel most comfortable. I actually started mine in Dec. because it helped me get past my post trip depression.

I have add you the list.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLilysMommy View Post
Hello! My husband, daughter, and I will be driving from Oklahoma to Disney World, and plan on stay at AoA from May 12-24. As for dining, we have most of it narrowed down. DH wants to do a night out, just the two of us, so I need to look into where we would like to dine.
Welcome PrincessLilysMommy, can't wait to hear more about your trip. AoA looks like a great place to stay.

You have been added to the list.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine9125 View Post
I am in, POP May 11-14, BC CL 14-17
Welcome Christine9125. I assuming that CL means Cruise Line. (Sorry I am not always the best with the abriviations) If that is the case, I am very excited to have another cruiser with us.

You have been add to the list.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #58
Christine9125
DIS Veteran
 
Christine9125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Welcome Christine9125. I assuming that CL means Cruise Line. (Sorry I am not always the best with the abriviations) If that is the case, I am very excited to have another cruiser with us.

You have been add to the list.
CL means Club Level
__________________

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #59
Lidian
DIS Veteran
 
Lidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 3,299

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Thank you for your opinion! I just kinda want to brace myself for it. I know it will definitely be hot compared to where we live. We will most likely still be wearing sweaters when we leave for Disney.
We love May. Absolutely amazing weather, in our experience. Yes, it does get hot, but it's not usually as hot as it is later in the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Oh how fun!! Pop is such a fun resort! I LOVE it
We may try T-Rex too this year. Chef Mickeys looks fun too!

It is going to be so much fun to plan! Especially for your and all those newbies!
Chef Mickey's is definitely on our list! I'm hesitant on T-Rex because of my DS6, but I really want to try it one year! It looks like so much fun!

Also, I saw you mention JTA via someone's quote, but couldn't find the exact post. I did JTA with my kiddos this March, and wrote about it in my TR.

Here's the first part of our experience (as it gives some info on signing up):
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=295

If you have questions, there are several here with experience who would be happy to answer any questions! We'll be signing up again in May for at least my two kiddos (unsure if the DN will do this or not).
__________________
Me DH DD12 DS8 DS8months Stormy
2009 - June 6 - 11 @ AS Movies ~*~*~ 2010 - April 24 - May 1 @ CBR Pirate ~*~*~ 2011 - May 22 - 27 @ CSR & 28-29 offsite ~*~*~ 2012 - March 3 - 9 @ CBR ~*~*~ 2014 - October 1-10 @ POR

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)


Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #60
lisa-upnorth
Disney Lover
 
lisa-upnorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Adirondacks
Posts: 812

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Joining in! We are going May 22nd - June 1st! Celebrating DD's 2nd birthday on the 26th, having our wedding the 27th and Disneymooning the rest of the week away! We are planning at staying at either BLT or BCV possibly splitting the trip between CRB also (depending on the deals that come out!) I am planning on ADR's at O'hanas, Kona, Cape May, Chef Mickeys (for DD's bday breakfast!), Tusker House, California Grill and Crystal Palace (we love Pooh, ok I love Pooh ) and some others TBD! Im so excited for this trip!
Hey 'neighbor' we are going the same time! Hope you have a wonderful dream wedding with the Mouse

We travel from up near Lake George!! Long trip to WDW but we love it



PS-Black Fri for our ADRs!!!!!!!!!!! gonna be a LONG day!!!!
__________________
lisa-upnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.