Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #76
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Christy and Jason are both right. We spent the majority of what we budgeted at MOG. However, with the Cars Land I personally am hoping for some super cute park specific souvinEARS.

But if you need help with sticking to your budget, you can shop with my husband, Jeri. He can pretty much talk anybody out of anything. He's like a reverse salesman that way. I'm already putting together some ideas for a distraction team if I see a Dooney with the cute 1950s style pattern on it.

Jason, start studying up on European cycling, football and beers from around the world!

Heather, start practicing asking Jeri to pose in a million photos without it sounding like a scheme to stall him!

Christy, start learning to fake a heart attack! Or better yet you buy the Dooney and I'll slip ya the cash later and then I can be all, look what Christy got me for Christmas, she's just the sweetest girl!

And if all that fails, John can come in with prices of Florida real estate and the pros and cons of owning two homes. Jeri can pretty much go on about real estate for h-o-u-r-s.

That's what I've put together so far. What we need is a code word, a wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak and we'll have a plan!
This really made me laugh (and after this week at work I really needed it)! I think I might be the opposite of Jeri, I've learned that I can rationalize anything I want to buy when I travel...particularly at MOG. Thoughts like, "I already have five watches that I don't wear, but this one has an imagineering logo on it, I won't find it anywhere else so I can't miss the opportunity and I must buy it."

I will start studying this weekend, I need to learn more about cycling

I think Grom makes a good code word!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #77
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

So my internet is so slow snails are impressed. I've tried everything, but I don't know what the problem is. I'm over at my mom's using her's for a second but wanted to let folks know that I, in fact, did not die of heat. Just a slow internet. It's SO VERY ANNOYING!

Anyway...

Christy: It'll be Christmastime so there are bound to be sweatshirts and they'll make a comfy place to fall. Though I'm thinking you showing everyone what an awesome friend you are by buying me a Dooney for Christmas is also an excellant idea. And much less prone to accidently breaking someing you might need.

Heather: Your big coat? CARP! I don't have a big coat. I'll put that on my list. Also, read Midnight Circus. I couldn't put it down. It's so charming. Magic, a love story and a circus (with NO clowns) what's not to love!

Jason: You always need a new watch! Where would you ever get that chance again? You know, other than the five other times you've been to MOG. But that is SO not the point. I have plenty of handbags, plus one Disney Dooney, but does that mean I don't need another one? NO IT DOES NOT!
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #78
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited for the group heading out on the BSM trip next week...and quite a bit jealous. Can't wait to follow the folks via Facebook and board updates. Just think...we only have about 17 more months until our trip. Putting that "only" in there just makes it sound better.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #79
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
So my internet is so slow snails are impressed. I've tried everything, but I don't know what the problem is. I'm over at my mom's using her's for a second but wanted to let folks know that I, in fact, did not die of heat. Just a slow internet. It's SO VERY ANNOYING!

Anyway...

Christy: It'll be Christmastime so there are bound to be sweatshirts and they'll make a comfy place to fall. Though I'm thinking you showing everyone what an awesome friend you are by buying me a Dooney for Christmas is also an excellant idea. And much less prone to accidently breaking someing you might need.

Heather: Your big coat? CARP! I don't have a big coat. I'll put that on my list. Also, read Midnight Circus. I couldn't put it down. It's so charming. Magic, a love story and a circus (with NO clowns) what's not to love!

Jason: You always need a new watch! Where would you ever get that chance again? You know, other than the five other times you've been to MOG. But that is SO not the point. I have plenty of handbags, plus one Disney Dooney, but does that mean I don't need another one? NO IT DOES NOT!
Christy really is the kindest, most generous person in our band of travelers.

I loved The Night Circus!

Lauren, you are such a shopper enabler!! It's a good thing you and I weren't around many chandeliers in Venice or I would have ended up with one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
I'm so excited for the group heading out on the BSM trip next week...and quite a bit jealous. Can't wait to follow the folks via Facebook and board updates. Just think...we only have about 17 more months until our trip. Putting that "only" in there just makes it sound better.
I'm so delighted that Mike and Jeff are on that trip - many pictures coming up! I have been impatiently awaiting the 10th of August and my trip down to Anaheim for the Destination D event. Mostly I'll be eventing, but I'll have part of Friday and Monday day to explore Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I'm taking a 6:30 am flight down there (eek!) so I'll be getting to the resort around 10:30 am on Friday. I'm going to have lunch at the Carthay Circle that day. I'm sad that the BSM trip wasn't just a little later, or that the Destination D event wasn't just a little sooner!
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #80
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post

Mostly I'll be eventing, but I'll have part of Friday and Monday day to explore Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I'm taking a 6:30 am flight down there (eek!) so I'll be getting to the resort around 10:30 am on Friday. I'm going to have lunch at the Carthay Circle that day. I'm sad that the BSM trip wasn't just a little later, or that the Destination D event wasn't just a little sooner!
I've got one word for ya, PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #81
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Holy Crap!! This was such an amazing Adventure!! Even if you guys (especially Jason) have done it before, there are so many new pluses!!

Last edited by k5jmh; 08-05-2012 at 02:53 PM.
k5jmh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #82
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
Holy Crap!! This was such an amazing Adventire!! Even if you guys (especially Jason) have done it before, there are so many new pluses!!
I love that the trip does change each time. I am as excited for my third time around as I was for the first!
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #83
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh
Holy Crap!! This was such an amazing Adventure!! Even if you guys (especially Jason) have done it before, there are so many new pluses!!
I can't wait to do this trip again! I've really been enjoying your pictures!!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #84
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234

I can't wait to do this trip again! I've really been enjoying your pictures!!

Jason
Ditto!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #85
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

We are beyond excited for our FIRST Adventure!!!
I love reading everyone's reports but... I need to be there myself.

I'm not wishing the time between now and Dec 2013 away, but I can't wait to to be an "Adventurer"!!

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #86
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Anyone want a little sample? Here is a quick review of the 1 day version of this trip that ABD is now offering.

http://travel.usatoday.com/alliance/...nture/820877/1
Old 08-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #87
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Hi folks,
I was just looking through this thread and the level of excitement is palpable. Val & I were just on the DIS BSM Adventure and you're going to have a wonderful time.

A few suggestions - pre Adventure:
  • Get there a day early, especially if traveling from the east coast. ABD is very much a go-go-go type of trip and you don't want to start off behind the curve by having had to fly in the same day it starts.
  • The ABD hotel is located in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of of Hollywood Blvd (yes, its actually on Hiland St, but that's academic) and you can just marvel at all the strange people.
  • The burgers at the Hotel Rosevelt (just a block away) are wonderful. Even if you don't eat there, be sure to go into their lobby. You'll immediately see where the Imagineers got some of their inspiration for the lobby of the Tower of Terror attraction.
  • Fortunately the ABD hotel itself is quiet and very conducive to rest, be sure to get some on Saturday night and sleep in on Sunday morning.

A few suggestions - post Adventure:
  • By all means stay a couple of extra days at the end. You'll see and do a lot of DL/CA on the Adventure but there is so much more. You'll want the extra time.
  • If you area DVC member, try to book a 2BR (find a fellow adventurer to fill out the party) unit and request #6500 for your post stay. The views from that unit are amazing! Imagine watching WoC from your living room. Twice a night!
  • If not a DVC member, the GC is a wonderful hotel - go ahead and pay the high price for the extra nights.

I thought the only "off" part of this trip was the first thing on Monday - a tour of Hollywood in open air vans. Pretty much a quick drive-by of "famous" night spots/restaurants and views of the gates behind which stars live (or used to live). I wouldn't do that part again. All the rest of the events were great!

I can only hope that you all enjoy the surprises as much as Val & I did.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #88
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info Jeff. Glad you and Val had such a great time! See y'all on 4.0!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #89
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the suggestions, Jeff!

Lauren mentioned 4.0...Who all from this trip with be on 4.0? It would be great to do a mini-meet so that we can meet in person before our ABD. A year and a half is a long time to wait.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #90
Addicted to Dopey
Newt's Posse

my husband Leo and I will be on 4.0 room #7512!

this is us in case you run into us on the ship!

CIMG0413 by wcoppola, on Flickr

Last edited by Addicted to Dopey; 09-04-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Addicted to Dopey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: