Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #61
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Is there a waiting list for this tour? I'd love to be on it, if there is one.
I believe Kevin said he has a "wait list for the wait list."

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #62
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwscout View Post
I believe Kevin said he has a "wait list for the wait list."
Ahhh...thanks. Guess I'll move on to Plan B!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #63
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th

For those of you who have been on this tour what kind of a budget for souveiners do you usually plan on? Do you usually spend the most at Mickey of Glendale's, just curiuos?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
jnjusoioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #64
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjusoioa View Post
For those of you who have been on this tour what kind of a budget for souveiners do you usually plan on? Do you usually spend the most at Mickey of Glendale's, just curiuos?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
That's a tough one! It really all depends on the person. I spent ~$200 at Mickey's of Glendale...I've heard others have spent over a thousand. Just know that you'll definitely find quite a bit that you'll want to buy there. My advice would be to determine what your personal souviners budget would be and plan on spending 80% of it at MOG. Hope that helps.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #65
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjusoioa
I totally agree with Christy, by far I buy spend the most on souvenirs at MOG. I expect that to hold true for me on this trip as well, I plan on doing a lot of Xmas shopping there!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #66
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th

Awesome, thank you, better start saving up, I have a feeling I am going to need a lot of money for this place.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #67
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Christy and Jason are both right. We spent the majority of what we budgeted at MOG. However, with the Cars Land I personally am hoping for some super cute park specific souvinEARS.

But if you need help with sticking to your budget, you can shop with my husband, Jeri. He can pretty much talk anybody out of anything. He's like a reverse salesman that way. I'm already putting together some ideas for a distraction team if I see a Dooney with the cute 1950s style pattern on it.

Jason, start studying up on European cycling, football and beers from around the world!

Heather, start practicing asking Jeri to pose in a million photos without it sounding like a scheme to stall him!

Christy, start learning to fake a heart attack! Or better yet you buy the Dooney and I'll slip ya the cash later and then I can be all, look what Christy got me for Christmas, she's just the sweetest girl!

And if all that fails, John can come in with prices of Florida real estate and the pros and cons of owning two homes. Jeri can pretty much go on about real estate for h-o-u-r-s.

That's what I've put together so far. What we need is a code word, a wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak and we'll have a plan!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #68
iwynlea
I am Eilonwy, daughter of Angharad, daughter of Regat, daughter of--oh, it's such a bother going through all that!
da boss was looking at me funny

I won't tell you how much I've been "allowed" to budget for MOG, but let's just say I have a fantastically understanding husband! Yes, I will bring boxes to ship things back to myself. Between this being my first trip to California, my first trip to Disneyland, and once-in-a-lifetime BSM trip...well, I expect to spend a lot. :-P As far as Dooneys...don't tell Steve but I'll probably come home with one of those, too. I only have 4 currently.... :whistle:

iwynlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #69
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

I always find the question of "how much money will I need" difficult to answer.

It depends on you and what you want.

If I'm in my favorite Italian pottery store.....I'm gonna need a lot.

If I'm in a store that sells aluminum gun racks for your pick up and fishing rods (don't laugh.....we have a huge one called Outdoor World on IDrive....and I have been there.)....my monetary needs are much lower...okay non-existent.

I think a lot also depends on how much you have.

If I were in Louis Vuitton...the amount of money I would need would be mind blowing.

Since I don't have mind blowing amounts of cash.....my options are limited.

MOG has some great stuff that can only be found there. You will not see it in Tomorrowland, the hotel lobby, the Disney store and the Emporium. It will only be available there.

I would make sure that, if you found something you really liked, that you get it. Things are pretty much "Disney priced". This is not a bargain outlet.

That being said...shirts are usually $20 - $30, but you will get one 40% off coupon good for one item.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #70
iwynlea
I am Eilonwy, daughter of Angharad, daughter of Regat, daughter of--oh, it's such a bother going through all that!
da boss was looking at me funny

Oooh, we get a coupon?! That's more than I expected...I WILL put that to good use!

iwynlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #71
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Christy and Jason are both right. We spent the majority of what we budgeted at MOG. However, with the Cars Land I personally am hoping for some super cute park specific souvinEARS.

But if you need help with sticking to your budget, you can shop with my husband, Jeri. He can pretty much talk anybody out of anything. He's like a reverse salesman that way. I'm already putting together some ideas for a distraction team if I see a Dooney with the cute 1950s style pattern on it.

Jason, start studying up on European cycling, football and beers from around the world!

Heather, start practicing asking Jeri to pose in a million photos without it sounding like a scheme to stall him!

Christy, start learning to fake a heart attack! Or better yet you buy the Dooney and I'll slip ya the cash later and then I can be all, look what Christy got me for Christmas, she's just the sweetest girl!

And if all that fails, John can come in with prices of Florida real estate and the pros and cons of owning two homes. Jeri can pretty much go on about real estate for h-o-u-r-s.

That's what I've put together so far. What we need is a code word, a wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak and we'll have a plan!
Can I be all..."Look what I got for Lauren...Did you see what I got for Lauren?" I can handle that. If I'm faking a heart attack, I need a soft place to fall. I'll need back up to hurry and throw a nice pile of shirts or something on the floor.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #72
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Can I be all..."Look what I got for Lauren...Did you see what I got for Lauren?" I can handle that. If I'm faking a heart attack, I need a soft place to fall. I'll need back up to hurry and throw a nice pile of shirts or something on the floor.
Okay, Laverne and Shirley.....

Don't make me lock you on the bus.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #73
jnjusoioa

Thank you all so much, you have all really made me laugh, I can see this is going to be a fun trip. I think I am going to need to get a part time job in order to save for this trip. I think I will probably be dropping a lot of money here, the studio store and Club 33 if we are lucky enough to go in there. Again, thank you all so much. Jenn
Old 07-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #74
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Okay, Laverne and Shirley.....

Don't make me lock you on the bus.
Oh...we're still a year and a half out...the real scheming has even started yet.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #75
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:

I'm there for you!

Quote:

Quote:
Oh...we're still a year and a half out...the real scheming has even started yet.
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: