Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #166
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

I have a confession to make. Y'all, don't judge me too harshly. The restaurant I most want to eat at in the Hollywood portion of our trip is . . . California Pizza Kitchen. I KNOW!!!!! Of all the places to want to eat, a chain restaurant. A CHAIN Restaurant. Oh, the shame of it.

It's one of those things, you know. When I was little we had a CPK at Lenox Mall in Atlanta. The only way I could get there is if I was really good while Mom ran work errands, which were boring and took forever. But then would come the if you just give me another hour we'll go by CPK before heading home. Oh, the pizza, the pasta, the desserts! And, of course, we window shopped our way there and back to the car. Lenox was so fancy and big city back then. It was a really big deal to get to go there. This is less so now. I would not advise Lenox Mall after dark, FYI. During the day, yes, at night, no, go home.

But, you know, we recently - I mean recently like last year - got a McDonald's downtown and I see tourists in there all the time. Sometimes you just gotta get that kid a McNugget. I don't judge. It's freaking hot, and they've got Cokes!

So if you happen to see me in the California Pizza Kitchen on our trip, don't judge me too harshly. Just know that I'm reliving my childhood moment right there. And come share the pizza, please. God knows I don't need to eat all that. Plus, I'm saving room for dessert!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #167
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Oh, I won't judge. On the my first BSM trip, I arrived at the hotel the first day and my room was not ready. At that point, I went over to the Hollywood and Highland complex to waste some time. I was starving and guess where I end up? CPK!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #168
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
I have a confession to make. Y'all, don't judge me too harshly. The restaurant I most want to eat at in the Hollywood portion of our trip is . . . California Pizza Kitchen. I KNOW!!!!! Of all the places to want to eat, a chain restaurant. A CHAIN Restaurant. Oh, the shame of it.

It's one of those things, you know. When I was little we had a CPK at Lenox Mall in Atlanta. The only way I could get there is if I was really good while Mom ran work errands, which were boring and took forever. But then would come the if you just give me another hour we'll go by CPK before heading home. Oh, the pizza, the pasta, the desserts! And, of course, we window shopped our way there and back to the car. Lenox was so fancy and big city back then. It was a really big deal to get to go there. This is less so now. I would not advise Lenox Mall after dark, FYI. During the day, yes, at night, no, go home.

But, you know, we recently - I mean recently like last year - got a McDonald's downtown and I see tourists in there all the time. Sometimes you just gotta get that kid a McNugget. I don't judge. It's freaking hot, and they've got Cokes!

So if you happen to see me in the California Pizza Kitchen on our trip, don't judge me too harshly. Just know that I'm reliving my childhood moment right there. And come share the pizza, please. God knows I don't need to eat all that. Plus, I'm saving room for dessert!
There is a CPK in Florida Mall.

C'mon down. I'll take you for your "fix".
Old 04-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #169
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

And by the way...I'm judging both of you!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #170
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

We all have our crosses to bear...mine just happens to be a love of mediocre chain restaurants. I'm perfect in all other things though.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #171
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

I'm a CPK lover too, particularly the Hollywood/Highland location.

Another really good place to eat is 25 Degrees at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel (across the street from Hollywood/Highland complex). Excellent burgers and sweet potato fries!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #172
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
Another really good place to eat is 25 Degrees at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel (across the street from Hollywood/Highland complex). Excellent burgers and sweet potato fries!

Jason
Just wanted to add a recommendation for this place. Val & I did it (along with Lisa and Paul Tully) on the Saturday we arrived for our BSM tour. Really good burgers.

Be sure to check out the lobby of the hotel too. It must have been some of the inspiration for the lobby of the ToT.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #173
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
There is a CPK in Florida Mall.

C'mon down. I'll take you for your "fix".
Five hours + CPK and your company = priceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
And by the way...I'm judging both of you!
And yet love us still!

Quote:

Jason
The Roosevelt is also on my list. And Jeri loves sweet potato fries so win/win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
We all have our crosses to bear...mine just happens to be a love of mediocre chain restaurants. I'm perfect in all other things though.
If that's your cross Christy, you're doing all right! Personally I think it adds to your cool factor. Of course, mediocre chain restaurant birds of a feather flock together! We need to get on Ancestory.com. I just know we're related somewhere!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #174
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Just wanted to add a recommendation for this place. Val & I did it (along with Lisa and Paul Tully) on the Saturday we arrived for our BSM tour. Really good burgers.

Be sure to check out the lobby of the hotel too. It must have been some of the inspiration for the lobby of the ToT.

Thanks for the further rec, Jeff. Did you and Val see the haunted mirror that's supposed to be there? 'Cause I want to avoid that. The last thing I need is a ghost in my life!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #175
OKW Lover

Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Thanks for the further rec, Jeff. Did you and Val see the haunted mirror that's supposed to be there? 'Cause I want to avoid that. The last thing I need is a ghost in my life!
Never heard of the haunted mirror, so I guess we missed it.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #176
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jason
I definitely want to find time to check this out. I love me some sweet potato fries!

Quote:
Five hours + CPK and your company = priceless

And yet love us still!

The Roosevelt is also on my list. And Jeri loves sweet potato fries so win/win!

If that's your cross Christy, you're doing all right! Personally I think it adds to your cool factor. Of course, mediocre chain restaurant birds of a feather flock together! We need to get on Ancestory.com. I just know we're related somewhere!
We've got to be related somewhere along the way...definitely feel a kinship! Kindred spirits at least!

Old 04-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #177
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:

Jason
And how did I forget, there's a Crumbs cupcake shop at Hollywood/Highland! The cupcakes are incredible, particularly those that have peanut butter!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #178
Addicted to Dopey
Newt's Posse

Okay so we are coming in 4 days before the abd starts and originally we were going to return the rental car back at lax at 12 and meet up there with everyone but the more I think about it that might be really silly... With all the traffic we would hit it would prob make more sense to find a rental co that has a return location near the hotel and meet everyone at the hotel .... Has anyone done this before? Will we feel like we are missing part of the experience if we don't take the bus with people from lax? Or are most ppl coming in early too and not many will be at lax on Sunday anyways??

Last edited by Addicted to Dopey; 04-29-2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Typo
Addicted to Dopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #179
OKW Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted to Dopey View Post
Okay so we are coming in 4 days before the abd starts and originally we were going to return the rental car back at lax at 12 and meet up there with everyone but the more I think about it that might be really silly... With all the traffic we would hit it would prob make more sense to find a rental co that has a return location near the hotel and meet everyone at the hotel .... Has anyone done this before? Will we feel like we are missing part of the experience if we don't take the bus with people from lax? Or are most ppl coming in early too and not many will be at lax on Sunday anyways??
The ABD provided transportation from LAX is most likely a car service (that's what we had last year when we came in on the Saturday). It was just for Val & I, even though there was one other ABD couple on the same flight. So, I wouldn't worry about missing part of the experience.

I understand that Hertz has a location right near the hotel.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #180
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post

You know, I've never eaten here before! I'm going to have to try it out.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: