Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #106
kaitmarie
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere...

Thank you for posting these! Now I'm hungry! I love seeing photos of food on here and then making ADRs knowing what I can have! Disney has the best allergy food. I love knowing I get safe food that's also delicious!

My favorite food on Disney property is the shrimp and grits at Olivia's!

Now I'm off to make ADRs!

kaitmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #107
Cierese
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
Mickey waffles are made with Bob's Red Mill pancake/waffle mix and/or Namaste mix. Some places use one, some use the other, and some use a mixture.
Do you have to ask for those specifically or is that just what the use for Mickey waffles?

Sorry, I'll probably ask a few more questions... I've always been bad about just eating whatever I wanted as a 'treat' to myself at Disney and just tried to stay away from things I shouldn't eat without too much worry. Only thing we really had to watch last year was the shellfish and milk/ice cream.

October 2015 - TBA
June 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Caribbean Beach Resort!
Oct 2013 - Old Key West and POP!
July 2011 OKW - Big Family Vacation
Nov 2009 All Stars Music - Thanksgiving!
Sep 2004 Off Site -- Jun 2004 Off Site
July 2003 Off Site OIF Welcome Home Trip
Apr 1995 Don't Remember - Magic Music Days -Yes, I was a band geek!!!
Cierese is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #108
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierese View Post
Do you have to ask for those specifically or is that just what the use for Mickey waffles?

Sorry, I'll probably ask a few more questions... I've always been bad about just eating whatever I wanted as a 'treat' to myself at Disney and just tried to stay away from things I shouldn't eat without too much worry. Only thing we really had to watch last year was the shellfish and milk/ice cream.
These are what's used for the allergy waffles so yes you do have to ask specifically for allergy safe waffles. They're cooked on separate dedicated allergy waffle irons as well. The regular Mickey waffles have gluten and milk which you said are problems for your group so I was responding based on the assumption that you'd be asking for allergy waffles.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you think of.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #109
snorris49
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierese View Post
So glad I found this!

We don't have any allergies per say, but lots of sensitivities.

Between the 4 of us: Gluten, eggs, red dye, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, strawberries, cauliflower, cow's milk (cheese & yogurt is ok), ranch and honey mustard dips and dressings. And when my Dad is with us, he has to eat low iron and has a severe shellfish allergy.

I'm so glad I found this because even with the reading/blogs, the list doesn't sound too appealing... photos,though.. .they definitely speak a lot louder (and yummier) than words!!

Can you tell me, though.. the Mickey Waffles... what are they made with?
Like Clanmcculloch said, the allergy Mickey waffles are made with either Bob's Red Mill or Namaste (I've had both). According to the chef at Kona, different restaurants modify the other ingredients they add per se (he said some add honey to theirs). Kona for instance only uses Bob's Red Mill, rice milk and canola oil. That I know of, none of the restaurants put egg in them.

Check out my Blog!:
http://glutenfreedairyfreewdw.blogspot.com/

snorris49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #110
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Bippity Boppity Bump Bump.

Any new pictures to add????
Old 11-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #111
disfan07
DIS Veteran

I will have pictures to add next month! We leave on December 25th and will be eating at:

Crystal Palace
The Plaza
50s Prime Time
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Sci Fi dine in
Rose and crown
1900 park fare
Liberty tree tavern
Pop century food court

And some CS meals.

All of my allergy pictures will be free of:
Peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, shellfish, wheat, oats, coconut, broccoli, sesame, sunflower seeds (I can tolerate sunflower oil....but not sunflower seeds or butter)

Some will also be soy and dairy free. I am not eating straight dairy and soy because of GI problems and some allergy-like symptoms (but all tests were negative)but i can have soy oil, soy lechitin and dairy in baked goods.

Also, the meals will be free of raw peaches, plums, nectarines, bananas, apples, melon, cherries, potato, carrots, celery, avocado, cucumber, zucchini, and tomato because I have oral allergy syndrome.

I'll also have to post pictures of my treats from sensitive sweets. It's a bakery near me that is free of gluten, nuts, eggs, soy and dairy (also completely vegan) and I'm going to be bringing bread, cookies, easy pops (kind of like cake push up pops) with me when we go because basically all treats are off limits at Disney.

I'm excited but soooooo nervous at the same time. I know how great Disney is about allergies (last time we went I was allergic to eggs, shellfish and peanuts) but my allergies are so extensive and the peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and shellfish are all anaphylaxis and cross contamination allergies so I'm a little nervous. I will just always make sure to be prepared. On my allergists advise I will have 4 epi pens, Benadryl, inhaler, Zantac and prednisone with me at all times.
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #112
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07 View Post
I will have pictures to add next month! We leave on December 25th and will be eating at:

Crystal Palace
The Plaza
50s Prime Time
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Sci Fi dine in
Rose and crown
1900 park fare
Liberty tree tavern
Pop century food court

Old 11-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #113
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07 View Post

Crystal Palace
The Plaza
50s Prime Time
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Sci Fi dine in
Rose and crown
1900 park fare
Liberty tree tavern
Pop century food court

And some CS meals.

All of my allergy pictures will be free of:
Peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, shellfish, wheat, oats, coconut, broccoli, sesame, sunflower seeds (I can tolerate sunflower oil....but not sunflower seeds or butter)

Some will also be soy and dairy free. I am not eating straight dairy and soy because of GI problems and some allergy-like symptoms (but all tests were negative)but i can have soy oil, soy lechitin and dairy in baked goods.

Also, the meals will be free of raw peaches, plums, nectarines, bananas, apples, melon, cherries, potato, carrots, celery, avocado, cucumber, zucchini, and tomato because I have oral allergy syndrome.

I'll also have to post pictures of my treats from sensitive sweets. It's a bakery near me that is free of gluten, nuts, eggs, soy and dairy (also completely vegan) and I'm going to be bringing bread, cookies, easy pops (kind of like cake push up pops) with me when we go because basically all treats are off limits at Disney.

I'm excited but soooooo nervous at the same time. I know how great Disney is about allergies (last time we went I was allergic to eggs, shellfish and peanuts) but my allergies are so extensive and the peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and shellfish are all anaphylaxis and cross contamination allergies so I'm a little nervous. I will just always make sure to be prepared. On my allergists advise I will have 4 epi pens, Benadryl, inhaler, Zantac and prednisone with me at all times.
I have extensive allergies and sensitivities as well as crohn's (GI problems) and I will let you know that the chef at Plaza was awesome! She came out and went over EVERY ingredient and made so many changes for me that they usually don't, just bc she wanted me to be happy. I wish I would have remembered her name, she was so great to us.
Have a fun trip!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #114
disneyfan'08
Earning My Ears

I'm loving all these pictures! I have Celiac Disease, my mom also has Celiac and is allergic to soy. She avoids all soy. My brother has a peanut allergy. Our trip is from December 23rd-January 2nd. We're on the deluxe dining plan and we'll be staying at Bay Lake Tower. I've never been good at taking pictures of our food, but I'll definitely try to take more pictures this time.

We'll be eating at:
MK Area:
Contempo Cafe (quick service at Contemporary Resort)
'Ohana-breakfast and dinner
Crystal Palace-breakfast and lunch
California Grill
Plaza
Chef Mickey's-breakfast and dinner
Be Our Guest-dinner
1900 Park Fare-breakfast and dinner
Tony's-lunch

AK Area:
Boma-dinner
Tusker House-breakfast

Epcot Area:
Le Cellier-lunch (and maybe dinner? We have a dinner reservation, but we're probably going to cancel it)
Biergarten-dinner
Princess Storybook Breakfast
Rose and Crown-lunch
Garden Grill

Hollywood Studios:
Mama Melrose-lunch
50s Prime Time-dinner

If you'd want to see food pictures from any of these specific meals, let me know and I'll do my best to make sure I get pictures of that meal for you!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #115
fisherjenn
Caught the running bug <3

These look absolutely delightful! My diet has changed significantly and any foods that have too much oil or grease or certain seasonings make me ill. I'll keep this bookmarked so when I go to these places, I can order them.
fisherjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #116
SDSorority

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan'08 View Post
I'm loving all these pictures! I have Celiac Disease, my mom also has Celiac and is allergic to soy. She avoids all soy. My brother has a peanut allergy. Our trip is from December 23rd-January 2nd. We're on the deluxe dining plan and we'll be staying at Bay Lake Tower. I've never been good at taking pictures of our food, but I'll definitely try to take more pictures this time.

We'll be eating at:
MK Area:
Contempo Cafe (quick service at Contemporary Resort)
'Ohana-breakfast and dinner
Crystal Palace-breakfast and lunch
California Grill
Plaza
Chef Mickey's-breakfast and dinner
Be Our Guest-dinner
1900 Park Fare-breakfast and dinner
Tony's-lunch

AK Area:
Boma-dinner
Tusker House-breakfast

Epcot Area:
Le Cellier-lunch (and maybe dinner? We have a dinner reservation, but we're probably going to cancel it)
Biergarten-dinner
Princess Storybook Breakfast
Rose and Crown-lunch
Garden Grill

Hollywood Studios:
Mama Melrose-lunch
50s Prime Time-dinner

If you'd want to see food pictures from any of these specific meals, let me know and I'll do my best to make sure I get pictures of that meal for you!

YAYEE!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #117
happytiggerfan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrosea View Post

Picture of the Gluten Free Dessert we received at The Garden Grill! My kids felt like Royalty!

This is amazing! We made a ressie here, but I've never been, so this makes me more excited about it!
happytiggerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #118
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

I just finished a dining report of gluten/dairy//egg free (among other allergies) with lots of pictures. It's linked in my signature below.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #119
SDSorority

Ok all you people that went over the holidays... I'm itching for some pictures!!

Old 01-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #120
nfceagles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
Ok all you people that went over the holidays... I'm itching for some pictures!!

Agreed! Let's see them!
nfceagles is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: