Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 05:34 AM   #61
TaraZ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
Divvies (not gluten free- this was from our pre-gluten free days, but they are egg, milk, peanut and tree nut free)

Are Divvies available on property again??? They were not when we were there in January!!!
3rd Trip 1/11 Poly again by choice of our princess!
4th Trip 1/12 Poly Part 4!!!
5th Trip 1/13 Back to the Poly
6th Trip 1/14 Poly here we come!
TaraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #62
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

I don't think Divvies are still around.
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #63
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer

Chef TJ was still at 1900 PF in March 2012. These are the wonderful dairy free, vegetarian dishes that he made us for dinner. He also gave us some snacks to go that were free of various allergens.

Vegetarian, dairy free spring rolls on hummus and sweet red pepper sauce with chips (I took the pic sideways, but it is supposed to look like a flower)

Vegetarian, dairy free sweet and spicy tofu w/ mushrooms, broccolini, carrots, onions, and potatoes topped with crunchy rice noodles

And again we have the dessert! It had a huge wedge of pineapple on the bottom, bananas, chocolate tofutti ice cream, a strawberry, and chocolate sauce. We removed the Surf Sweets brand gummy worm because it had gelatin in it.

Chef TJ gave us some treats to go. Surf Sweets organic, vegan gummy bears (dairy/egg/gelatin/dye/gluten free) & Rocky Mountain Caramel Popcorn (package says gluten/nut free). DD gave her siblings the popcorn because she is very lactose intolerant and usually just avoids all dairy byproducts, and the package said the flavoring is butter-derived with milk proteins removed.

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
BusyMom2Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #64
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three View Post
Chef TJ was still at 1900 PF in March 2012. These are the wonderful dairy free, vegetarian dishes that he made us for dinner. He also gave us some snacks to go that were free of various allergens.

Vegetarian, dairy free spring rolls on hummus and sweet red pepper sauce with chips (I took the pic sideways, but it is supposed to look like a flower)

Vegetarian, dairy free sweet and spicy tofu w/ mushrooms, broccolini, carrots, onions, and potatoes topped with crunchy rice noodles

And again we have the dessert! It had a huge wedge of pineapple on the bottom, bananas, chocolate tofutti ice cream, a strawberry, and chocolate sauce. We removed the Surf Sweets brand gummy worm because it had gelatin in it.

Chef TJ gave us some treats to go. Surf Sweets organic, vegan gummy bears (dairy/egg/gelatin/dye/gluten free) & Rocky Mountain Caramel Popcorn (package says gluten/nut free). DD gave her siblings the popcorn because she is very lactose intolerant and usually just avoids all dairy byproducts, and the package said the flavoring is butter-derived with milk proteins removed.
WOW! I really REALLY need to go to 1900... I've never met Chef TJ, but I want him to be my friend.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #65
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

In all your trips you've never met Chef TJ? Really? I'm shocked! You absolutely have to go for dinner at 1900 PF. He's so wonderful! He's amazing with both allergies and vegetarian/vegan meals so this would be the absolute perfect meal for you.

I hope that's not the caramel corn he uses for the desserts. We avoid all components of milk, not just casein so that stuff would be off limits for us. When we were there in February you could still find Divvies caramel corn if I remember correctly and that is completely milk free.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #66
SDSorority

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
In all your trips you've never met Chef TJ? Really? I'm shocked!
I know, right!? This is totally on my list for next trip.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #67
SDSorority

Bumping! Any new pictures anyone?? Bueller... Bueller....
Old 08-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #68
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
PS - SO...is TJ STILL at Park Fare?
I have a very reliable source that says yes he is. Can't wait to meet him next month!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #69
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

i have wierd allergies (onions, onion powder, seafood, fish, coconut) and found that the wdw staff varied with their ability to cope, i had an amazing meal at O hanas, (couldnt eat the reg food due to coconut) and buffet chef "walked" me through the buffets (im also allergic to milk but not processed milk, ie a can have small quantities of cheese/cream but not icecream) then gave up and cooked my meals fresh
now, back here in the UK, whenever i go out for dinner (rarely its not worth the hassle) im still trying to find somewhere as amazing as Boma...
the only place that "let me down" was yak and yeti...unwilling/unable to adapt food so i just ate dessert..
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #70
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

little whine

I'm so glad you guys are able to EAT.

Alas, so much of what is in this thread can't be eaten by us.

Even the tofutti "ice cream" or the Cuties, b/c of the dang corn syrup solids and HFCS. I cannot tell you how much I despise the fact that they use those ingredients.

Now, for us it's not an allergy, no one will die. But it sure isn't pretty when they are eaten. I end up with a hyper, violent son and a super-angry then passed out husband when they eat those things. (ah, the day I found out about corn syrup solids at Disneyland thanks to them trying Dole Whips for the first time, what a joy...)

Back in Dec 2010 I remember reading the labels of all the GF stuff in the little marketplace at CBR, and I think there was *one* thing without colors, corn syrup based ingredients, and maybe gelatin (we're veggie so I check for it everywhere, and I can't really remember if I was checking for that at that time). Well, it's a reason we get a car, so we can just get treats for the room and not have to rely on Disney.

Since we're not dairy-free you'd think the ice cream would be fine, but it's not. Dreyers isn't OK for us. And I don't know about the Ghirardelli's at WDW (so busy I never bothered to ask or order anything), but at Disneyland's new Ghirardellis they use Dryers ice cream for all their stuff. Their hot fudge sauce is totally OK for us according to the manager...but not what they put it on. Sigh.

But I'm glad everyone else gets to eat those things!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #71
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

Even the tofutti "ice cream" or the Cuties, b/c of the dang corn syrup solids and HFCS. I cannot tell you how much I despise the fact that they use those ingredients.

Now, for us it's not an allergy, no one will die. But it sure isn't pretty when they are eaten. I end up with a hyper, violent son and a super-angry then passed out husband when they eat those things. (ah, the day I found out about corn syrup solids at Disneyland thanks to them trying Dole Whips for the first time, what a joy...)

Back in Dec 2010 I remember reading the labels of all the GF stuff in the little marketplace at CBR, and I think there was *one* thing without colors, corn syrup based ingredients, and maybe gelatin (we're veggie so I check for it everywhere, and I can't really remember if I was checking for that at that time). Well, it's a reason we get a car, so we can just get treats for the room and not have to rely on Disney.

Since we're not dairy-free you'd think the ice cream would be fine, but it's not. Dreyers isn't OK for us. And I don't know about the Ghirardelli's at WDW (so busy I never bothered to ask or order anything), but at Disneyland's new Ghirardellis they use Dryers ice cream for all their stuff. Their hot fudge sauce is totally OK for us according to the manager...but not what they put it on. Sigh.

I totally understand. I think that corn is much harder than wheat or peanut these days. I'd rank soy up there too!
(((hugs))) Hope some products start popping up that are more "corn-free" friendly!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #72
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I can't say I actually know exactly how you feel, but I too feel bummed that much on this thread can't be eaten by me. I am soy/dairy/peanut/egg/gluten/garlic free. Those are just the big ones. I also can't have all the popular fruits WDW offers for dessert... bananas, strawberries, pineapple. I am also intolerant of dates and vanilla which may possibly mean no Enjoy Life Cookies or Babycakes (). I am currently trying to add vanilla back into my diet but I have to be very careful that I don't have even my smaller intolerances more than maybe 2 times in a week- and that has to be in small amounts. I feel like just when I think I can have something, I get to the bottom of the ingredients and BAM- another allergy. I will definitely be bringing a lot of my own snacks and just try to remember that WDW with allergies is better than no WDW at all (but it is still hard because I have been going for 9 years eating all of these things... but with lots of stomach pain!).

My DS reacts the same way yours does if he ingests any food coloring. NO FUN.

I am sorry corn limits you so much. I can't have whole corn but I do ok with small, processed amounts. Allergies really can aggravate you!!! I hope that the future holds more safe foods for you and your family!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
stackyallred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #73
SDSorority

Quote:

If you do find something your next trip to WDW, be sure to post a picture! We eat mostly paleo at home now (aka no grains at all, including corn and grain by-products... just things like meat, dairy (raw if available), vegetables, fruit, nuts/seeds, only sweetener we use is honey... you get the drill), so I TOTALLY get it. I'm gluten-free and soy-free for medical reasons... believe me, you're not alone in your frustration. We stay DVC now just so we can have a good size fridge to keep our groceries in. Next trip I'm going to take a picture of our groceries to post here haha.

Last edited by SDSorority; 08-24-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #74
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

Plaza chicken sandwich modified for my allergies. They got a croissant from the Main St. bakery to use in the place of their breads since they couldnt guarantee cross contamination with nuts, etc. They also made me a non marinated piece of chicken breast due to my allergies to spices and pepper. The chef was wonderful and came to our table to make sure everything was perfect for me. I feel so bad bc I can't remember her name. This was from last Tuesday dinner 08/21/12
Old 09-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #75
SDSorority

Bump! Any new pictures to add????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: