Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 02:39 AM   #91
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
lol. mmm. i like the eye candy. not sure i could stand being with someone prettier than me though

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy32 View Post
I have a smoothie every weekday for breakfast: Banana, low fat milk, muesli and Metamucil! I love it.

I don't see this as a diet BemaniAK, it's about getting fit and healthy for life.
yes. this exactly.

i also love bananas. you know a good alternative to icecream is to chop up bananas, freeze them, then whack them into a food processor -- it mashes them up into a kind of whipped sorbet thing that looks just like icecream, and doesn't taste overly of banana, so you can add other things like berries (to make it berry flavoured) or mint to make it mint flavoured etc. it's great, healthy and all natural and milk free which is extra important for those of us who are lactose intolerant
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #92
mindy32
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: VIC, Australia
Posts: 120

I might have to try that one day, thanks!

Am I strange, I just don't think Orlando Bloom is that great.
mindy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-17-2012, 02:43 AM   #93
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!
 
aussietravellers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?
Posts: 3,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Ok, so by having Sunwarrior for breakfast in the mornings, like Miranda Kerr, in the hopes of some day looking like her ( In my dreams). I'm also hoping that it will get me one of those
__________________
1975 - 1990 - Many Trips - Disneyland California - Disneyland Hotel
1995 - Walt Disney World - Yacht Club Resort
2004 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:46 AM   #94
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!
 
aussietravellers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?
Posts: 3,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
lol. mmm. i like the eye candy. not sure i could stand being with someone prettier than me though



yes. this exactly.

i also love bananas. you know a good alternative to icecream is to chop up bananas, freeze them, then whack them into a food processor -- it mashes them up into a kind of whipped sorbet thing that looks just like icecream, and doesn't taste overly of banana, so you can add other things like berries (to make it berry flavoured) or mint to make it mint flavoured etc. it's great, healthy and all natural and milk free which is extra important for those of us who are lactose intolerant
I read about that the other day! I must try that, thanks for the reminder!

Alicia how are you going after the GB removal surgery? Are there any foods that you used to be able to eat that are now causing.... a little upset to your digestion (trying to find a nice way to say, that make you race to the toilet )
__________________
1975 - 1990 - Many Trips - Disneyland California - Disneyland Hotel
1995 - Walt Disney World - Yacht Club Resort
2004 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:50 AM   #95
battymum
DIS Veteran
 
battymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,805

Aussietravelers, I do apologise, I guess the spinach threw me - never seen that used in a smoothie before.

Yes, upon rereading your smoothie is mostly fruit - so yummo! And good on you for having all that fruit on hand ready to go. (in my fridge does jam count? )

(sometimes I type before thinking too much)
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #96
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!
 
aussietravellers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?
Posts: 3,689

No probs Battymum

Yep, jam counts. Jam is kind of a smoothie for toast (or scones)

The blueberries and strawberries we have a freezer full, my local store where I do all of our food grocery shopping has big bags of organic frozen blueberries and strawberries (and other berries, but we just like those two), so they are easy to keep and don't go off and we just add some when they are getting low. Goji's they are in the pantry and then we always seem to have bananas and the kale, and just whatever other fruit is in season, sometimes mango, just depends. But the frozen berries make it a yummy start to the morning.
__________________
1975 - 1990 - Many Trips - Disneyland California - Disneyland Hotel
1995 - Walt Disney World - Yacht Club Resort
2004 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:29 AM   #97
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,977

Hope you've all had a good weekend!

I did except for the prick-ly pear that smashed into my car

And I did have cupcakes at my nephews birthday party, the cake isn't that cook, I should have just eaten the icing

We'll be walking tomorrow to school I think, give us all some much needed exercise, then osteo on Tuesday

I have lost weight or shrunk or something, jeans not as tight and not as many rolly bits over the top of my jeans

New week tomorrow!

Whats everybody's aim/focus for this week?
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #98
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar
 
Andona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 920

[QUOTE=becpee;45204999

Whats everybody's aim/focus for this week?[/QUOTE]

The weather report is good for the week, so I'm aiming to go for a brisk walk at least 3 maybe 4 days. ( I hope!)

The rain lately has been playing havoc with my exercise

Andona
__________________
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:39 AM   #99
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietravellers View Post
I read about that the other day! I must try that, thanks for the reminder!

Alicia how are you going after the GB removal surgery? Are there any foods that you used to be able to eat that are now causing.... a little upset to your digestion (trying to find a nice way to say, that make you race to the toilet )
omg. i can eat pretty much anything. except dairy. i can't have milk solids. or at least, i can't have regular milk solids, so no full cream milk. no icecream (omg, the horror). no cream. no sour cream. i can drink soy milk and i can drink really, really, really skim milk.

if i eat these foods, it's a linda-blair tribute to exorcist level vomiting within minutes... and then i just have pain afterwards

lol. surprisingly, i can still have yoghurt, provided it is a diet/skim yoghurt, or a traditional greek yoghurt. i think it has something to do with the bacteria in it. some cheese i can eat, but glorious regular cheese like camembert, brie, vintage, sharp cheddar etc (which i adore and would consume all day if i was able) just give me pain and horrible bloating and pain, or the linda blair tribute scenario.

some green veges like broccoli give me some pain, but to be honest it's 90% milk that is my big issue... and since i have low calcium levels, i'm having to take supplements as my big glass of milk a day habit is no longer able to be endured

i had a tiny sliver of cheesecake for my birthday, and i had a tiny sliver of my sister's icecream cake (what, i couldn't say no, it was birthday cake ) and by sliver, i mean like... only about a centimetre wide... and omg the pain the icecream caused and the instant bloating was just horrendous. i actually think i've got a little too much bile in my system, as i tend to throw up if something doesn't agree with me, rather than the other options

my biggest issue after the surgery is (possibly TMI for others) i have some nasty looking scars that i'm really not happy about, and because they had to cut through my stomach muscles and didn't tell me about my limitations after the surgery, my stomach is now shaped slightly differently and i have a sort of pouchy gut that sits lower than it has ever done before... really unhappy and really motivated to get rid of it (if possible) through my diet and exercise regime right now...
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #100
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
The weather report is good for the week, so I'm aiming to go for a brisk walk at least 3 maybe 4 days. ( I hope!)

The rain lately has been playing havoc with my exercise

Andona
my aim is lots of kilometres on the bike every evening, without fail, and strict adherence to my eating plan, which i put up on the fridge. since i cheated a little on my eating this weekend with birthday food, it's a hard shove back on the wagon on monday morning

i'm hoping to get rid of the migraines this week and eat an apple instead of drinking soda for the sugar fix... and to drink only water and juice this week, with maybe some mineral water/juice mixture if i need the extra sweetness ...
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:51 AM   #101
kyl
DIS Veteran
 
kyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 595

You will get there alicia1506, especially if you can't have milk and limited diary options. At least you won't be having cream over your ice-cream lol!
__________________
Disney Dream Cruise 4 night Bahamas Oct 2012
WDW Bay Lake Tower Nov 2012
WDW contempary resort Nov 2012
WDW Art of Animation resort Nov 2012
WDW SSR one bedroom villa 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Sept/Oct 2010
Disneyland Hotel Oct 2010
Disneyland Grand Californian Resort June 2009
(Me DW) (DH)(DD13) :
(DD9) (DS5)
kyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #102
kyl
DIS Veteran
 
kyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
omg. i can eat pretty much anything. except dairy. i can't have milk solids. or at least, i can't have regular milk solids, so no full cream milk. no icecream (omg, the horror). no cream. no sour cream. i can drink soy milk and i can drink really, really, really skim milk.

if i eat these foods, it's a linda-blair tribute to exorcist level vomiting within minutes... and then i just have pain afterwards

lol. surprisingly, i can still have yoghurt, provided it is a diet/skim yoghurt, or a traditional greek yoghurt. i think it has something to do with the bacteria in it. some cheese i can eat, but glorious regular cheese like camembert, brie, vintage, sharp cheddar etc (which i adore and would consume all day if i was able) just give me pain and horrible bloating and pain, or the linda blair tribute scenario.

some green veges like broccoli give me some pain, but to be honest it's 90% milk that is my big issue... and since i have low calcium levels, i'm having to take supplements as my big glass of milk a day habit is no longer able to be endured

i had a tiny sliver of cheesecake for my birthday, and i had a tiny sliver of my sister's icecream cake (what, i couldn't say no, it was birthday cake ) and by sliver, i mean like... only about a centimetre wide... and omg the pain the icecream caused and the instant bloating was just horrendous. i actually think i've got a little too much bile in my system, as i tend to throw up if something doesn't agree with me, rather than the other options

my biggest issue after the surgery is (possibly TMI for others) i have some nasty looking scars that i'm really not happy about, and because they had to cut through my stomach muscles and didn't tell me about my limitations after the surgery, my stomach is now shaped slightly differently and i have a sort of pouchy gut that sits lower than it has ever done before... really unhappy and really motivated to get rid of it (if possible) through my diet and exercise regime right now...
The scars will fade in time, takes about 12mths for them to start to fade. If you ain't planning on wearing a bikini then don't worry about them! They go red, then a blue sort of a colour after about 6mths then a silver colour
__________________
Disney Dream Cruise 4 night Bahamas Oct 2012
WDW Bay Lake Tower Nov 2012
WDW contempary resort Nov 2012
WDW Art of Animation resort Nov 2012
WDW SSR one bedroom villa 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Sept/Oct 2010
Disneyland Hotel Oct 2010
Disneyland Grand Californian Resort June 2009
(Me DW) (DH)(DD13) :
(DD9) (DS5)
kyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #103
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,977

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
my biggest issue after the surgery is (possibly TMI for others) i have some nasty looking scars that i'm really not happy about, and because they had to cut through my stomach muscles and didn't tell me about my limitations after the surgery, my stomach is now shaped slightly differently and i have a sort of pouchy gut that sits lower than it has ever done before... really unhappy and really motivated to get rid of it (if possible) through my diet and exercise regime right now...
I had a c-section and as a result 6 years later I have very little scarring but my stomach fat sits weird, and one side sits lower than the other, it actually sounds a little like yours.
Hopefully I can get rid of the fat so it doesn't just hang there...
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #104
LizfromOz
Mouseketeer
 
LizfromOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
I had a c-section and as a result 6 years later I have very little scarring but my stomach fat sits weird, and one side sits lower than the other, it actually sounds a little like yours.
Hopefully I can get rid of the fat so it doesn't just hang there...
Oh bec, I am so glad you said that about your tummy. I've had 2 caesars and my fat doughy belly is lopsided as well - one side sits higher than the other. When I look in the mirror i sort of lean to one side to try and make it look even, lol!

I'm not quite a candidate for Embarrassing Bodies (yet), but it is a bit strange. Thank god for big undies!!
LizfromOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #105
hjd0411
DIS Veteran
 
hjd0411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 9,078

Happy Monday everyone!!
After working 7 early shifts straight, I am now on 4 wonderful days off!!
I plan on heading out for a walk as soon as I get off this computer!! Then I'm heading to Maleny (Sunshine Coast hinterland) to visit a friend for lunch - and I'm hoping to find a healthy option for that.
Then off to visit my parents who live at Peregian Beach - so the plan will be a beach walk tomorrow morning!! That is my favourite!
Glad to hear everyone is keeping going - winter is a hard time for me! And I know we hardly get a winter at all here, but it's all relative. I just hate the colder weather and it is so easy to curl up on the couch with a book or movie than get moving outside. My house is just so small I can't even fit in an exercise bike without it getting in the way, so I have to head outside.
OK - Charlotte (my dog) is looking at me willing me to get goin, so we are off!
Enjoy your day today! Good work everyone!!
__________________
Heather

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: