Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 04:53 AM   #826
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Sorry you are unwell Alicia. Hope you are on the mend soon.

A friend of mine is doing light and easy and she loves it! She said the meals are really yummy so it sounds like it will be great!
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:55 AM   #827
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the encouragement

Aussietravellers -- i have had success with liteneasy before and loved it It is really convenient and simple. Glad to hear that your friend is enjoying it!! How is your 12wbt going?

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #828
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran

Stick with it Alicia. My DH did the Wesley weight loss program so based on shakes and then reintroduced food. It also involved a lot of psycho-analysis-why over-eat etc. But it worked-mostly thanks to the shakes as he didn't keep up with all the exercises. He's kept his weight down now for 8 years.

Sorry you are sick again-your immune system sucks which of course you know...you were battling GF not that long ago weren't you. Are you managing OK with the new job? and have you ever been tested for ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis)-a lot of your recurring symptoms reminds me of those of a friend in the UK who has suffered from ME for the past seven years -hers is so bad she's pretty much house-bound with occasional short trips in a motorised scooter but there's degrees of severity. Not a lot known about it but they are starting to recognise it is a debilitating disease which can have major effects on a variety of different body systems and organs.
TR Exploration Europe

Me DH DD:

Aussie Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #829
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Alicia, I can sympathise. I started to get sick middle of last week and all this new found energy completely disappeared. I ended up getting sent home by my boss on Thursday and told to go home to bed for a few days. Which I did happily as it meant plenty of time to browse the disboards. But it also meant plenty of time to lie idle and eat not very good food.
All my motivation of a few weeks back has gone out the window and I'm desperately trying to find it again. My family and I plan on going for a bush walk today. Hopefully that will help.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #830
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran

Brace yourselves SE Qld girls - todays gonna be HOT
TR Exploration Europe

Me DH DD:

Old 12-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #831
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Wendy
Brace yourselves SE Qld girls - todays gonna be HOT
Yuck we are in the north and it's already horrible. I'll have to go and put the sprinkler on in the chicken yard later when it's the hottest part, even in the shade it's still hot for them
Old 12-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #832
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Hmm - sitting here with the a/c on already!! Just so I can get ready for work in comfort!! Stay cool and hydrated everyone! I think it's the only way. That or head to the shopping centre - just not Chermside...!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #833
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Ugh. Summer is my least fave time of year anyhow but 39°c is just wrong. It was 28 at home when i was getting ready for work with my little ceiling fan. We slept poorly last night as it was too hot and we dont have a/c. It is stinking hot outside and inside at work it is not much better.

Stay hydrated everyone. Its stinking and miserable out there

Old 12-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #834
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

I think Chermside is up and running again.

It's really windy here but still so darn hot. The poor chickens are all just hot and walking around with their little wings out. I watered them lightly earlier and they're still hot My dogs are stretched out on the cool tiles in the airconditioning I've got washing to hang out but it's way too hot to go outside but they would be dried in no time if I did. It's not very pleasant outside at all. I'm wondering if I should pick up my kids from the bus stop instead of letting them ride their bikes home after school.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #835
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

ok so we are 4 days into summer and it's almost 40degrees. this bites.

usually xmas day is one of the hottest of the year. not sure what that has in store for us this year though.

i find myself praying for thunderstorms to help cool us all down

Old 12-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #836
aussietravellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
ok so we are 4 days into summer and it's almost 40degrees. this bites.

usually xmas day is one of the hottest of the year. not sure what that has in store for us this year though.

i find myself praying for thunderstorms to help cool us all down
We had a good storm last night that cooled it right down but I've just looked at the BOM radar and there isn't even anything brewing for the GC/Bris. I was sure there would be with it being SO hot today!
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
Old 12-04-2012, 02:06 AM   #837
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran

Next door has chickens-don't know how they fared today-their chook run is pretty sheltered but my DD who was home says we've had strong hot dry winds. I haven't looked up the bom to see how long this is meant to last.
TR Exploration Europe

Me DH DD:

Old 12-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #838
aussietravellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Wendy View Post
Next door has chickens-don't know how they fared today-their chook run is pretty sheltered but my DD who was home says we've had strong hot dry winds. I haven't looked up the bom to see how long this is meant to last.
It's going to be warm but not as hot as today over the next few days. And I think we have showers coming later in the week.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #839
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

keep cool ladies

run a cold bath, fill a glass with cool white wine...and just soak...

me, i'm off to sit under my clothes line and drink my way to happiness without being hit in the head too many times by beach towels
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #840
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

so today was day 3 on my lite n easy program (i hate that they spell it incorrectly, drives me bonkers) and so far, it has been both easy and ... well... light.

i don't feel bloated and gross after a meal. i don't feel heavy and blah. i actually feel slightly more energetic. i know 3 days is a drop in the ocean and the changes i am experiencing are most likely mental, rather than physical, but i am enjoying it so far.

well, at least as much as my throat/chest/ear/nose/omg everything infection will allow.. everything i eat or drink tastes like cardboard. the BSAs the doc gave me i swear are making me more ill, not less.

we'll see what kind of progress i have made next week when i take my measurements .. until then, stay cool ladies

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: