Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #811
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506

Nor in my house either
Old 11-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #812
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98

I told carlo i want to start a tradition. Disney decorations. One for each year we have been together. Since we have been together 6 years, i need to buy 6 decorations ... Watch out disney store. Here i come

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 01:18 AM   #813
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

That's lovely Alicia! You'll have to post pictures to show us!!

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:18 AM   #814
aussie shaz
DIS Veteran

Alicia, that is a lovely idea. We did similar, but not all Disney. We started the first year we were living together (17 years ago!) with an 'Our first Christmas' decoration. We try to get one that represents the year. A puppy one for the year we got our first dog, a baby one for each of our kids, and a Disney one for the years we visit Disneyland. It is pretty sparse at the start, but is a wonderful thing to put them on each Christmas.
Good luck with your Disney tree.
Sharon
aussie shaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:20 AM   #815
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
I told carlo i want to start a tradition. Disney decorations. One for each year we have been together. Since we have been together 6 years, i need to buy 6 decorations ... Watch out disney store. Here i come
Cute idea! You could get the ones from Coles to start you off. They are cute (but little)
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #816
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Yeah i think it will be a nice touch. And i love the idea of making them fit the year'milestones. So cute. I will be doing a fair bit of online shopping soon

Old 11-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #817
5ofus
DIS Veteran

So I went for another C25K run last night. Not the best idea I've ever had since humidity was about 4000%, but I did it. Strangely my hip is okay today but my dodgey shoulder is playing up. I didn't think I used my shoulder much when running?!?!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #818
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

So did gym yesterday, went to the pub last night and I must have drunk 4 l of diet coke ....tonight is sushi.....trying to be good but I'm just so damn hungry all the time......
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #819
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus
So I went for another C25K run last night. Not the best idea I've ever had since humidity was about 4000%, but I did it. Strangely my hip is okay today but my dodgey shoulder is playing up. I didn't think I used my shoulder much when running?!?!
Oh and your nuts
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #820
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren

Oh and your nuts
Thanks! With three little boys, I take my chance of exercise whenever I can get it. I just look at it like working out in a sauna

Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 AM   #821
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

I watched QI while eating a bowl of caramello ice cream topped with Hershey's syrup and milo but

After losing 1kg with the flu last week I've now it it back on over the past few days
Old 11-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #822
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98
I watched QI while eating a bowl of caramello ice cream topped with Hershey's syrup and milo but

After losing 1kg with the flu last week I've now it it back on over the past few days
I love QI! And caramello ice cream!

Old 12-01-2012, 03:56 AM   #823
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

so i had a bad week last week. i got sick, i was tired, i spent the whole week with the flu, and we had no food in the house (ie, no real food, lots of canned/frozen food) and since i had a fever & was exhausted, i couldn't be bothered doing a grocery shop.

we got takeaway a lot. and everything tasted like cardboard. but that didn't stop me from eating it.

so. since i can't trust myself with food and portion sizes right now, i am going back to the one thing that has worked for me always.

lite n easy. so simple. easy. convenient. when i do lite n easy, i'm not hungry. i don't think about food. i don't obsess. i don't crave. and the weight usually shifts pretty nicely. so our delivery is on tuesday, meaning we start tuesday night so happy about this.

went the lite n easy website to order, no problems. they have their success story page, which includes some guy who lost 60kg in a year. that's less than i want to lose, but it shows it is doable. he had a link to an inspirational youtube, which then sent me on a downward spiral of youtube videos of massive weight loss before/after shots etc. and i discovered a tlc/lifetime show called 'my 600 lb life' -- it chronicles 4 people over the space of 4 or 5 years, who were all over 600 lbs (~275 kg), some by a little (601), some by a lot (675). all underwent bariatric surgery to reduce the size of their stomachs, and all underwent skin reduction surgery along the way.

omg. it was horrendous. and heartbreaking. and inspiring. and motivational. and confronting. and just omg. it challenged me. it inspired me. it moved me. it made me appreciate what i have in my life and reinforced my goals to lose weight and just omg. some of the stories they tell and the things they did. every one of them struggled. it was truly grotesque at times. but the scary part of it was i could see myself in some of their comments. about their attitutes. and their perceptions. and their doubts and their fears and their denial. i see all of that in myself, and it scares me. it scares me really badly. i am nowhere near 600lb. and i am now determined to make sure that i am dealing with this disorder to ensure that i never, ever, ever get within spitting distance of being overweight again.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:32 AM   #824
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Alicia I hope you're feeling better, I'm still getting over my flu and now DS has it
Old 12-01-2012, 04:45 AM   #825
5ofus
DIS Veteran

It's so hard to keep your motivation when you're sick . I hope you're on the improve now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: