Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #781
miss.potatohead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietravellers View Post
Joined a local gym today. It's only for a month. $15 for the month!!!! Gym and classes! How cheap is that.

Now I just have to go
whaaa that's an amazing deal, most gyms that I know of charge $15 A WEEK
miss.potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #782
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

sooo...

did step last night...half way thru I saw my life flash before me......and I continue to wonder why the hell i do this to myself.....at least i survived now living on toast and porridge.....but no soup!

so hang in ladies..if i can do it you can too
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #783
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
wow aussie travellers, $15 for the month is super cheap

right now i am just walking and eating my balanced meals. normally (in my pre-diagnosis lifestyle) we would get pizza for dinner on 'cheaper tuesdays' and i would eat that for dinner.

tonight, we had fish. admittedly, i made them into burgers, but still within my calorie limit. my life is ruled by calories at the moment and that is a good thing. being honest with myself about how much i am eating and keeping a record is a good thing. i am measuring myself (in cms, eek) each week to record any changes, as this is the way i am measuring success..no binges, daily walks and weekly measurements. my doc will do monthly weigh ins as well.

i have had so many temptations to eat poorly or to fall back into my old habits yet, and i certainly have a long, long road ahead of me, but i think i can do it.
It is ridiculously cheap Alicia, but once the 30 day trial is up it is $14 per week if I decided to join (which I haven't decided yet, will wait and see how the trial goes and if I like it there or not). Who am I kidding, I won't like it! I hate exercise, but if I have to do it, I guess if that place is ok I'll stick with it. It's non contract too so can stop going any time.

Yes you can totally do it! It is a long road and it's a hard road! There will be temptations every day and it's not always going to be easy. Always have something to eat before going to the supermarket, always have something to eat before going to the movies or for a coffee or to a party. Then you won't be as tempted when there as you won't be hungry.

I can totally relate as you know to the calorie counting! I've been doing that and it becomes easier over time. You get to know many things without having to work it out.

It sounds like you are on a really great path! I look forward to watching your transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.potatohead View Post
whaaa that's an amazing deal, most gyms that I know of charge $15 A WEEK
I KNOW! It's a bargain! Their regular price is $8 per week for just weight/machines only or $14 per week for weights/machines & classes. So $15 for 30 days is a BARGAIN
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:42 AM   #784
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

so, bad day at work for me, bad day at work for carlo, we're both depressed as our 2012 trip would have been in 2 days but sadly we had to cancel... we both came home, looked at each other and went.. we're getting takeout.

went to the website to order it, and got this message 'sorry, there are currently no stores servicing your area' ... ??? you mean the one night i was going to be naughty and break my diet, karma, that big grey elephant, is physically preventing me from doing so??

not sure whether to laugh or cry

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #785
aussietravellers

Quote:
not sure whether to laugh or cry
Don't cry! Laugh, it's the best medicine!

That is the universe saying "NO Alicia, you don't need that, you will just feel worse after, go have an apple"

I am just poaching some turkey and it's smelling so good!
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
Old 11-21-2012, 01:53 AM   #786
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

lol.

just did my 20 day measurements. i am down 0cm on top, but 5cm off my waist and 6cm off my hips.

i know these are only small numbers in the larger scheme of my weight loss journey, but it is nice to see that there is a measurable decrease.

off to make dinner now.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #787
aussietravellers

Quote:
lol.

just did my 20 day measurements. i am down 0cm on top, but 5cm off my waist and 6cm off my hips.

i know these are only small numbers in the larger scheme of my weight loss journey, but it is nice to see that there is a measurable decrease.

off to make dinner now.
Alicia that is AWESOME That is 11cm! You look at 11cm on a ruler, gone! that is excellent.

Did you measure your neck? You'd be surprised how much weight comes off your neck. And your arms and legs too (measure both, they are often different).

Congratulations! See, doesn't that make you not want to order that take away?
Old 11-21-2012, 02:32 AM   #788
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Lol. Yes. It does make me feel that there is progress... i know my weight loss will plateau and i will have to kick my exercise up a notch or three but so far this slow and steady baby steps approach is working for me I am hoping to be a certain dress size by the time we go on our trip next year so that i can buy myself lovely new clothes

Thanks for the support and encouragement

Old 11-21-2012, 02:46 AM   #789
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Yay go Alicia!! It sounds like you are doing really well.

I was bad, bad (really bad) on the eating front today. But I did do 2 lots of exercise. 40 mins walk & 10 mins jogging mid afternoon while my DD was at drama class. And then a 1 hr evening fitness group that I go to one a week at the local domain. So feeling pretty pooped now.
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:02 AM   #790
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Caroline that is really good you should be proud of yourself. Exercising is always a win in my book... I hate exercising

Old 11-21-2012, 03:12 AM   #791
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Good for you Alicia!!! Often the scales don't show a loss, but the tape measure does! It is so hard - I have been going to Weight Watchers for more than a year now and have lost a grand total of 5kgs!! Now that's not the fault of WW - it is totally me not sticking religiously to the programme..!!! But since I've come back from my trip I have kind of got into a new "headspace" and have started back walking and counting my points. I weigh in again on Friday, so hope that I have had some small success!
All that said, I'm still on holidays, so it's a lot easier to do the walking etc. I start back at work on Saturday morning - time will tell how I manage that!!! Oh well, I'm on this roller coaster too - we'll all help each other along!!!

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:25 AM   #792
5ofus
DIS Veteran

I went for another run today - yay! Food hasn't been awful today either

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:49 AM   #793
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

All of you with your walks and runs and spin classes.. This is summer!! Do you not die of heat exhaustion? I am a winter baby. I love it when it is cold. I wear thongs in winter and love the chilly weather. Once the temp rises above 24 degrees i turn into the wicked witch ... 'i'm melting, i'm melllllllltinnnnng!!!' i cant go outside without breaking a sweat. I can ride my bike indoors no trouble .. But outside? No thankyou ma'am.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #794
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Well it certainly doesnt feel like its almost Summer in Sydney . I run (and it's the early weeks of he Couch 2 5k, so there is a lot more walking than running) after work, so around 5:30 in the afternoon. Yesterday was a bit warm. But mostly it's not too bad.

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #795
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

You still get my admiration. Most days i am out walking around 6am and the sun is coming up. There is no shade so it is brilliant, blazing heat stupid brisbane and its heat and humidity

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: