Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #736
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Alicia that's a lot to learn in one day and that is great news that the DR is getting help for you, and with help you will beat this
Old 11-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #737
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

What a day you have had. Sounds like a journey that has taken many years to get to this point. I applaud you for heading straight to your doctor and I also commend your doctor for listening and finding you some solutions and something to work with.

I wish you the very best of luck, it won't be easy but I'm sure you will come through feeling much stronger.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #738
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much everyone it really helps to have you all here

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #739
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl
What a day you have had. Sounds like a journey that has taken many years to get to this point. I applaud you for heading straight to your doctor and I also commend your doctor for listening and finding you some solutions and something to work with.

I wish you the very best of luck, it won't be easy but I'm sure you will come through feeling much stronger.
You are exactly right. It has taken many years of good and bad cycles to hit rock bottom like this but i am so very grateful that i have a plan moving forward. Have already told my parents and carlo who have all been positive and supportive.

Told a friend i work with too so that she can help me stay focussed while i am at work

Thank you all for your support. It means a lot. A huge lot.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #740
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
You are exactly right. It has taken many years of good and bad cycles to hit rock bottom like this but i am so very grateful that i have a plan moving forward. Have already told my parents and carlo who have all been positive and supportive.

Told a friend i work with too so that she can help me stay focussed while i am at work

Thank you all for your support. It means a lot. A huge lot.
support you have from us..
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:17 AM   #741
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

I am sorry to hear you have had a bad day Alicia. I hope thing improve for you now that you have an official diagnosis
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #742
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

. Hugs for you. We will be your cheer squad to get you through
Old 11-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #743
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98
. Hugs for you. We will be your cheer squad to get you through
Awww thanks <3

Just had a big long chat with carlo when he came home. Feeling slightly better. Have an appointment later in the month with the wesley weight loss team so taking positive steps

Old 11-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #744
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Alicia

The good thing is, this can be fixed. I think a support group with those with the same condition could be a good idea

I had a friend who did the Wesley program years ago, she had a lot of success.
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:13 AM   #745
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

I've only heard good things about the Wesley weight loss group. You will be in good hands. You take care Alicia!

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:13 AM   #746
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

Alicia, having the courage to openly share your issues is a huge step. Well done! Your "inner circle" of Carlo, your parents and the friend at work, sound like a great foundation of support. In addition, you also have us, the many friends you have made on the Disboards (& on FB) cheering you on. Wishing you all the best.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:26 AM   #747
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
Alicia, having the courage to openly share your issues is a huge step. Well done! Your "inner circle" of Carlo, your parents and the friend at work, sound like a great foundation of support. In addition, you also have us, the many friends you have made on the Disboards (& on FB) cheering you on. Wishing you all the best.
aww thanks... you guys have been amazing, and so supportive. i like to think that i put my best face foward, so to speak, via the online interactions on the dis and FB, but by coming clean, i feel like i'm being honest about who i really am, and the acceptance i've received from everyone has been truly humbling.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #748
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
aww thanks... you guys have been amazing, and so supportive. i like to think that i put my best face foward, so to speak, via the online interactions on the dis and FB, but by coming clean, i feel like i'm being honest about who i really am, and the acceptance i've received from everyone has been truly humbling.

You know, sometimes I think it's easier being honest and sharing your thoughts and feelings with those you don't know in real life. That's how I feel anyway. I share things on my blog with people I don't know in real life that I would never discuss with people that I see everyday.

You are going to beat this Alicia, one day at a time, one step at a time. Share away freely here as you know there will never be any judgement, only support!
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #749
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Awww Alicia, I'm sorry you had such a bad day and a tough diagnosis. . I'm so glad that you have such a good, close support group, but we are here too

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:48 AM   #750
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietravellers

You know, sometimes I think it's easier being honest and sharing your thoughts and feelings with those you don't know in real life. That's how I feel anyway. I share things on my blog with people I don't know in real life that I would never discuss with people that I see everyday.

You are going to beat this Alicia, one day at a time, one step at a time. Share away freely here as you know there will never be any judgement, only support!
I dont have a filter so what you see/ hear on dis and fb is unfortuantly exactly what I am...lol......but i do agree that sometimes its easier to chat to people of like mind than deal with the difficult people we sometimes encounter in real life.....

Hang in there mate, we are all behind you..well some of us slightly behind and to the left, and a few still on the couch, and maybe one is in the loo...but apart from them, the rest of us are standing behind you...in a non stalker avo kinda way....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: