Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 04:58 AM   #691
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

I ate a snack size Cheetos, 2 cans of soft drink, 2 home made crumbed chicken strips, 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, glass of milk and 2 choc chip bikkies.

I'm pathetic. But I have been relatively good with my food choices.

In my defence, I would have had salad with the chicken and the cucumber but the dog vomited all over the floor and I got stuck cleaning it up so it wrecked my appetite
Old 10-24-2012, 05:01 AM   #692
battymum
DIS Veteran

Baked beans are good!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #693
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

so....

did gym last night, subway for dinner
step tonight..with subway for dinner

oh dear, here we go again.......

have a great weekend
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:31 AM   #694
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

today i had a caramel macaron (omg, died and went to heaven), an iced mocha (small, like that matters), a chicken, pumpkin and chickpea wrap and a can of coke zero.

clearly, i have fallen off my strict raw veges and fruit only diet. i feel so ashamed.

oh well... jump back on tomorrow i guess.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #695
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

I had a chicken quesadilla and large coke from zambrero (wasn't that good so didn't eat it all), a banana, small veggie spring roll and half a small garlic bread. I'm dying for an iced water though.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #696
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

bailed on gym last night

pizza and a bottle of wine last night
pancakes today for breaky, pie for lunch...

so strict diet being adhered to
Old 10-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #697
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Hi All

Been MIA for a few months. Have been focusing my weight loss journey, so I've been spending a lot of time on the forums for that program. Sorry, I feel like a traitor, visiting another forum I've been doing 12WBT (Michelle Bridges program www.12wbt.com ). I'm doing round 3 (everyone starts together and finishes together) and I've just signed on for round 4 which is now in preseason for those newbies and officially starts in November.

Anyway it's been going REALLY well. It has to be the best program I've ever done. It's really not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. What you do in this program, the food you eat, is for life. She has within her program for beginners, intermediate, advanced, lean and strong (for those with no weight to lose but want to tone up), run a marathon and pregnant/breastfeeding programs.

The food has been amazing. Each week you are given a menu plan with breaky, lunch and dinner (your three snacks you do yourself, sticking to guidelines). You don't HAVE to stick to the food plan, I do chop and change a few meals when I don't like something. Then we get a shopping list for the whole weeks menu, which I again change a little deleting things the ingredients for the meals I don't like for ones I do. The meals are food that the whole family can eat. Like wraps and sandwiches for lunch, lots of different breakies including egg and bacon wrap (which is my sunday fav). Steak with creamy mushroom sauce, beef stroganoff, tandoori chicken. Such awesome recipes. Which you print out and put in a binder and at the end you have a recipe book with lots of yummy, healthy recipes.

Exercise has been a little challenging, but as I have been sticking to the nutrition side (which Michelle says is 80% of the program, exercise is 20%), then I have been losing. I have lost 8kgs so far, in the last 8 weeks. Super happy with that. She also heavily focuses on mindset, that much of the problem we have being overweight is mental, our headspace is not right for whatever reason and I completely agree. I still have been having my dark chocolate as a treat, but I just work that into my daily calories so it's fine.

I went and met Michelle last weekend and she was SO lovely. She signed my cookbook and had a bit of a chat.

Anyway will go back through and read up on how everyone is going. Feel like I'm all out of the loop it's been so long since I've been here

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to reading how everyones getting fit progress is going.
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #698
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Wow, 8kgs is fantastic, congratulations!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #699
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on the wonderful weight loss
Old 10-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #700
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

congrats aussie travellers!! 8kg in 8 weeks is great, and it sounds like you're happy and getting healthy, which is a huge accomplishment

i just have to follow suit myself
Old 10-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #701
australiankaren

last night

pizza hut, garlic bread , half a bottle of wine and a macaroon...i think it was the macaroon that pushed me over the edge.....not a good day to give up carbs
gym tomorrow....
Old 10-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #702
aussietravellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
congrats aussie travellers!! 8kg in 8 weeks is great, and it sounds like you're happy and getting healthy, which is a huge accomplishment

i just have to follow suit myself
Thanks Alicia! You will get there too and thanks for your support too, it means a lot when you leave me comments on my blog and fb page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
Congratulations on the wonderful weight loss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
Wow, 8kgs is fantastic, congratulations!
Thanks Marlea98 and 5ofus. I still have a bit to go, but I'm getting there slow and steady and best of all, enjoying the journey!
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
Old 10-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #703
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

A friend has recommended the hcg diet and sent me a PDF of her booklet. It's huge reading so I will get through it and consider it.

Small steak and salad plus some ice cream last night. Peanut butter toast for breakky today plus 45 mins on the treadmill at the gym and a cherry ripe for after. Bought a new Zumba workout DVD (now that I've bought a new one I will find the one the kids lost) too and some scales. Never had scales in my house before. I've lost 1 whole kilo in 2 weeks Now I'm off to have a shower and de-stinkyfy myself before doing the dishes the kids didn't do last night
Old 10-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #704
aussietravellers

Does anyone use myfitnesspal.com ?
Old 10-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #705
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

had a terrible day today at work, things are just getting really, really on top of me when it comes to life in general and i feel like i have way too many balls in the air and i'm a $h!t juggler at the best of times... i am exhausted physically and emotionally and i just need a plan to get things back on track ..

jumped on the scales when i got home and rather than losing weight recently, i have put on, took my measurements and yup, put on inches too.

grrr.

i feel like something drastic needs to be done or else i will end up being one of those morbidly obese crazy women who scream at people from the gutter as they walk by... and quite frankly, nobody wants that...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: