Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
Sharkmeister
Mouseketeer

Cruising and Passports

I have spent the morning over on the cruise tips forum (and am still reading) but most of the information about passports is to do with US ones. I know there are a few here who have cruised - you have convinced me to finally cruise also - but was wondering what happens with our Aussie passports. Do they collect them and keep them for the whole cruise? Will we need them to get back on the ship at Cozumel? Should I take a copy with me when we leave the ship?
Thanks
Sharkmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
LizfromOz
Mouseketeer

We cruised LA to Mexican Riviera this past September and our passports were never kept from us. We went through customs at the port upon first boarding and they were handed straight back. We only needed photo ID when leaving the ship for excursions/port days so we only took our ship ID cards and our drivers licences. We went back through US customs once cruise was over.

I hope you have a great time, this was our first cruise and definitely won't be our last.
LizfromOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
becpee
I see sock puppets

Yep, same as Liz

I don't think you'll regret cruising, i'm on the verge of booking our second

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
DizOz
DIS Veteran

Shark,

Bec and Liz are correct you only need your passports when boarding and disembarking at the start and end of the cruise. Shore excursions I just used my driver's license.

Your idea of a photocopy is also a good one just in case you loose your passport at any time. Much easier if you have a copy with all the details.

You will love the cruise,we were treated like royalty on our last disney cruise and i am trying to get family to go again on our next trip at the end of 2013. DW gets motion sickness and it was a bit rough on our last night at sea last time so she was a little put off I think.

DizOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

As above. Always keep a copy of your passports on your email account too just in case. It's quicker to open up an email doc than to contact someone at home to fax a copy should you lose it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: