Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #781
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreeboys View Post
I honestly can't believe what I'm hearing! This is our first October trip, and maybe I just don't know what to expect. We have never had problems getting dining reservations! Our 180 day mark was on Monday, I sent our information to our TA last week. She emailed me yesterday and said that she did the best she could and really only 1 reservations is a tad off of what we asked for. Tonight she emailed me to tell me that she had a lot of trouble getting the pirates league booked for my boys, I asked for mid afternoon and the only time she could get was 9:25am! We have a reservation at 7:55 at O'hana.
Are you booking it on a MNSSHP day? That could be why the afternoon is full.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #782
mythreeboys
Mouseketeer

Yes we did and I did think of that being a reason (cause I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that its a great costume for the party). It still shocks me that within days it is packed. She said one of us may need to leave our breakfast early to check them in. I was hoping to be able to check out the Poly for a bit after breakfast.
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #783
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Mythreeboys, I've never personally been to the PL, but It's my understanding that they give you the makeup palette they use after leaving, so my plans include MK for two full days & MNSSHP on a 3rd. I scheduled PL for the 1st day & plan to just reuse the makeup any other day the kids want to. If you have more than one MK day, I'd suggest doing that, or just plan to reapply makeup as a touch up while waiting in a ride line later that afternoon if its for MNSSHP. Anyone please correct me if wrong though.

I know it's not an answer to the frustrating reservation problem, but a possible work around maybe?
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #784
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
Mythreeboys, I've never personally been to the PL, but It's my understanding that they give you the makeup palette they use after leaving, so my plans include MK for two full days & MNSSHP on a 3rd. I scheduled PL for the 1st day & plan to just reuse the makeup any other day the kids want to. If you have more than one MK day, I'd suggest doing that, or just plan to reapply makeup as a touch up while waiting in a ride line later that afternoon if its for MNSSHP. Anyone please correct me if wrong though.

I know it's not an answer to the frustrating reservation problem, but a possible work around maybe?
I can say with absolute certainty that the Jake makeover received no extra makeup, and the mermaid makeover received a small makeup palette, but it was not the make up used for the actual makeover. The nail polish was the same, but the makeup was not even close.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #785
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Well that's disheartening = / any reason why not, was it asked? Just wondering if it was a possible fluke or just something they don't offer for all costumes...?
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #786
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
Well that's disheartening = / any reason why not, was it asked? Just wondering if it was a possible fluke or just something they don't offer for all costumes...?
The make up used for the mermaid package is real makeup, not face paint. It is a much higher quality than the take home makeup. I just checked the official PL thread and there is no mention of any packages coming with extra makeup for touch ups. I think I remember reading that you could come back to PL for a small touch up on the same day if something got messed up, though. Here is a link to the official thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428848
Old 04-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #787
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreeboys View Post
I honestly can't believe what I'm hearing! This is our first October trip, and maybe I just don't know what to expect. We have never had problems getting dining reservations! Our 180 day mark was on Monday, I sent our information to our TA last week. She emailed me yesterday and said that she did the best she could and really only 1 reservations is a tad off of what we asked for. Tonight she emailed me to tell me that she had a lot of trouble getting the pirates league booked for my boys, I asked for mid afternoon and the only time she could get was 9:25am! We have a reservation at 7:55 at O'hana.
We had to choose non-ideal pirates league times too. I called at 180+7 and the entire afternoon was booked already. Kinda crazy!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #788
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

TRex and Spa day

Does anyone know if it is necessary to book TRex 180+ ahead of time? This is a "must do" for DS, but I have noticed that there is no availability on Disney's website for the evening we are looking to go there. We're planning on calling the restaurant directly for the reservation though, and wondering if it makes sense to do it this far in advance? I've heard you can wait, but wondering if that is such a good idea?

Also, any idea on spa reservations? We're interested in the spa at SSR that is currently being reno'd and they aren't taking reservations, so should I book our massages at GF Senses or another location instead and then cancel once/if we get into the SSR spa when they open that back up?

Also tempted by the Mandara Spa at the Swan/Dophin - is there free parking available near the resort?

Sorry for all of the questions, hoping someone knows. TIA!

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #789
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I can help with your Trex question. For some reason, it shows up as booked on the website. If you call directly, they usually have availability. I have run into this a couple of times. The direct number is really best for them.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #790
mythreeboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
Does anyone know if it is necessary to book TRex 180+ ahead of time? This is a "must do" for DS, but I have noticed that there is no availability on Disney's website for the evening we are looking to go there. We're planning on calling the restaurant directly for the reservation though, and wondering if it makes sense to do it this far in advance? I've heard you can wait, but wondering if that is such a good idea?

Also, any idea on spa reservations? We're interested in the spa at SSR that is currently being reno'd and they aren't taking reservations, so should I book our massages at GF Senses or another location instead and then cancel once/if we get into the SSR spa when they open that back up?

Also tempted by the Mandara Spa at the Swan/Dophin - is there free parking available near the resort?

Sorry for all of the questions, hoping someone knows. TIA!

I would call. This is one of the restaurants we booked and our TA had to call to get a reservation. Based on the experience we have had so far, I would call to book anything, especially a must do.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #791
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I can help with your Trex question. For some reason, it shows up as booked on the website. If you call directly, they usually have availability. I have run into this a couple of times. The direct number is really best for them.
Trex only releases about 10% of their reservations to Disney Dining. Call directly and you will get a table! But I would call now, like others have said.
suetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #792
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Ah, OK. Thanks for the suggestions on TRex. I was thinking that too, but not sure if it would be overkill. I do have the # and heard it was the best way to put in a request for the ice cavern room.

I can still remember the days when the SoA was a hot reservation and booking a month out still got you a decent table, or just stopping by CP at DL was ok that day. 180 days just seems crazy to me.

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #793
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
Ah, OK. Thanks for the suggestions on TRex. I was thinking that too, but not sure if it would be overkill. I do have the # and heard it was the best way to put in a request for the ice cavern room.

I can still remember the days when the SoA was a hot reservation and booking a month out still got you a decent table, or just stopping by CP at DL was ok that day. 180 days just seems crazy to me.
I hear you!! I don't know what I am eating tomorrow but I know what I am eating in 162 days
suetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #794
katielafave
Mouseketeer

Starting to get really worried about what deals are going to be available in October. We e recently extended our vacation from six days to eight which is obviously going to add cost. We are going to POR from October 5-12. Hoping for at least 30% off if not free dining. Wish they would announce soon!
katielafave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #795
emsstacey
Earning My Ears

Our trip is almost exactly the same... POR Oct. 5-12. We were doing 6-11 but extended due to airline prices. Crossing my fingers for a discount!
emsstacey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: