Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #781
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreeboys View Post
I honestly can't believe what I'm hearing! This is our first October trip, and maybe I just don't know what to expect. We have never had problems getting dining reservations! Our 180 day mark was on Monday, I sent our information to our TA last week. She emailed me yesterday and said that she did the best she could and really only 1 reservations is a tad off of what we asked for. Tonight she emailed me to tell me that she had a lot of trouble getting the pirates league booked for my boys, I asked for mid afternoon and the only time she could get was 9:25am! We have a reservation at 7:55 at O'hana.
Are you booking it on a MNSSHP day? That could be why the afternoon is full.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #782
mythreeboys
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 200

Yes we did and I did think of that being a reason (cause I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that its a great costume for the party). It still shocks me that within days it is packed. She said one of us may need to leave our breakfast early to check them in. I was hoping to be able to check out the Poly for a bit after breakfast.
__________________
mythreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #783
TarrahA
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 167

Mythreeboys, I've never personally been to the PL, but It's my understanding that they give you the makeup palette they use after leaving, so my plans include MK for two full days & MNSSHP on a 3rd. I scheduled PL for the 1st day & plan to just reuse the makeup any other day the kids want to. If you have more than one MK day, I'd suggest doing that, or just plan to reapply makeup as a touch up while waiting in a ride line later that afternoon if its for MNSSHP. Anyone please correct me if wrong though.

I know it's not an answer to the frustrating reservation problem, but a possible work around maybe?
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #784
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
Mythreeboys, I've never personally been to the PL, but It's my understanding that they give you the makeup palette they use after leaving, so my plans include MK for two full days & MNSSHP on a 3rd. I scheduled PL for the 1st day & plan to just reuse the makeup any other day the kids want to. If you have more than one MK day, I'd suggest doing that, or just plan to reapply makeup as a touch up while waiting in a ride line later that afternoon if its for MNSSHP. Anyone please correct me if wrong though.

I know it's not an answer to the frustrating reservation problem, but a possible work around maybe?
I can say with absolute certainty that the Jake makeover received no extra makeup, and the mermaid makeover received a small makeup palette, but it was not the make up used for the actual makeover. The nail polish was the same, but the makeup was not even close.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #785
TarrahA
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 167

Well that's disheartening = / any reason why not, was it asked? Just wondering if it was a possible fluke or just something they don't offer for all costumes...?
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #786
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
Well that's disheartening = / any reason why not, was it asked? Just wondering if it was a possible fluke or just something they don't offer for all costumes...?
The make up used for the mermaid package is real makeup, not face paint. It is a much higher quality than the take home makeup. I just checked the official PL thread and there is no mention of any packages coming with extra makeup for touch ups. I think I remember reading that you could come back to PL for a small touch up on the same day if something got messed up, though. Here is a link to the official thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428848
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #787
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda
 
jenjersnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CO
Posts: 4,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreeboys View Post
I honestly can't believe what I'm hearing! This is our first October trip, and maybe I just don't know what to expect. We have never had problems getting dining reservations! Our 180 day mark was on Monday, I sent our information to our TA last week. She emailed me yesterday and said that she did the best she could and really only 1 reservations is a tad off of what we asked for. Tonight she emailed me to tell me that she had a lot of trouble getting the pirates league booked for my boys, I asked for mid afternoon and the only time she could get was 9:25am! We have a reservation at 7:55 at O'hana.
We had to choose non-ideal pirates league times too. I called at 180+7 and the entire afternoon was booked already. Kinda crazy!
__________________
Jen, mom to three

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #788
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer
 
ColonelHathi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 403

TRex and Spa day

Does anyone know if it is necessary to book TRex 180+ ahead of time? This is a "must do" for DS, but I have noticed that there is no availability on Disney's website for the evening we are looking to go there. We're planning on calling the restaurant directly for the reservation though, and wondering if it makes sense to do it this far in advance? I've heard you can wait, but wondering if that is such a good idea?

Also, any idea on spa reservations? We're interested in the spa at SSR that is currently being reno'd and they aren't taking reservations, so should I book our massages at GF Senses or another location instead and then cancel once/if we get into the SSR spa when they open that back up?

Also tempted by the Mandara Spa at the Swan/Dophin - is there free parking available near the resort?

Sorry for all of the questions, hoping someone knows. TIA!
__________________
Me DH DS 8 DD 5

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #789
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

I can help with your Trex question. For some reason, it shows up as booked on the website. If you call directly, they usually have availability. I have run into this a couple of times. The direct number is really best for them.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #790
mythreeboys
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
Does anyone know if it is necessary to book TRex 180+ ahead of time? This is a "must do" for DS, but I have noticed that there is no availability on Disney's website for the evening we are looking to go there. We're planning on calling the restaurant directly for the reservation though, and wondering if it makes sense to do it this far in advance? I've heard you can wait, but wondering if that is such a good idea?

Also, any idea on spa reservations? We're interested in the spa at SSR that is currently being reno'd and they aren't taking reservations, so should I book our massages at GF Senses or another location instead and then cancel once/if we get into the SSR spa when they open that back up?

Also tempted by the Mandara Spa at the Swan/Dophin - is there free parking available near the resort?

Sorry for all of the questions, hoping someone knows. TIA!


I would call. This is one of the restaurants we booked and our TA had to call to get a reservation. Based on the experience we have had so far, I would call to book anything, especially a must do.
__________________
mythreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #791
suetoo
Mouseketeer
 
suetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I can help with your Trex question. For some reason, it shows up as booked on the website. If you call directly, they usually have availability. I have run into this a couple of times. The direct number is really best for them.
Trex only releases about 10% of their reservations to Disney Dining. Call directly and you will get a table! But I would call now, like others have said.
__________________
1999~ASM, 2005,2007,2008,2010~SSR,, March 2011~POFQ June 2011 Cruise Day
March 2012~POFQ, Oct. 2012~AKV Oct.2013~BC
Food & Wine Festival is my Happy Place
suetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #792
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer
 
ColonelHathi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 403

Ah, OK. Thanks for the suggestions on TRex. I was thinking that too, but not sure if it would be overkill. I do have the # and heard it was the best way to put in a request for the ice cavern room.

I can still remember the days when the SoA was a hot reservation and booking a month out still got you a decent table, or just stopping by CP at DL was ok that day. 180 days just seems crazy to me.
__________________
Me DH DS 8 DD 5

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #793
suetoo
Mouseketeer
 
suetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
Ah, OK. Thanks for the suggestions on TRex. I was thinking that too, but not sure if it would be overkill. I do have the # and heard it was the best way to put in a request for the ice cavern room.

I can still remember the days when the SoA was a hot reservation and booking a month out still got you a decent table, or just stopping by CP at DL was ok that day. 180 days just seems crazy to me.
I hear you!! I don't know what I am eating tomorrow but I know what I am eating in 162 days
__________________
1999~ASM, 2005,2007,2008,2010~SSR,, March 2011~POFQ June 2011 Cruise Day
March 2012~POFQ, Oct. 2012~AKV Oct.2013~BC
Food & Wine Festival is my Happy Place
suetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #794
katielafave
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 92

Starting to get really worried about what deals are going to be available in October. We e recently extended our vacation from six days to eight which is obviously going to add cost. We are going to POR from October 5-12. Hoping for at least 30% off if not free dining. Wish they would announce soon!
katielafave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #795
emsstacey
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 33

Our trip is almost exactly the same... POR Oct. 5-12. We were doing 6-11 but extended due to airline prices. Crossing my fingers for a discount!
emsstacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: