Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #721
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

If you book now, you are locked in at the current ticket price. If the ticket price increases and you modify your reservation after that effective date (ie. add a discount, add park hopper, etc), you will have to pay the increase on your park tickets.
My trips already booked, since October, but I'm waiting, like everybody else, for FD. So if that comes out in July/August, like it seems to be predicted, we'll have to pay the difference in ticket price? Just want to make sure I understand it right.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #722
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Do you have a link to the thread? This reads more like 3 digit advertisement, not a 15 digit PIN discount.
No she only put that online on fbook I just asked did it have 15 digits. It doesn't read like the pins I get sent usually either.

Last edited by LauraJean; 04-23-2013 at 08:30 PM.
LauraJean is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #723
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
My trips already booked, since October, but I'm waiting, like everybody else, for FD. So if that comes out in July/August, like it seems to be predicted, we'll have to pay the difference in ticket price? Just want to make sure I understand it right.
Yes. Right now you are locked in at the current ticket price. If the ticket price increases in June, and you change nothing on your reservation, you will not have to pay the increase. If a discount comes out in July, and you want to add it to your current reservation, you will have to pay the new price for tickets.

Last year, we were booked with a 30% off PIN code at POP under the old ticket price. Tickets prices went up in June. Free dining came out in July, and when I called to switch to free dining, they removed the 30% off code, added the ticket increase, and applied the free dining discount.

Hope that clears it up for you.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #724
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes. Right now you are locked in at the current ticket price. If the ticket price increases in June, and you change nothing on your reservation, you will not have to pay the increase. If a discount comes out in July, and you want to add it to your current reservation, you will have to pay the new price for tickets.

Last year, we were booked with a 30% off PIN code at POP under the old ticket price. Tickets prices went up in June. Free dining came out in July, and when I called to switch to free dining, they removed the 30% off code, added the ticket increase, and applied the free dining discount.

Hope that clears it up for you.
Yup perfectly...thank you!! I swear I learn something new every day on here lol
Old 04-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #725
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Quote:
PIN codes come from Disney Destinations, but not all Disney Destinations emails are PIN codes. Some are newsletters and some are just advertisements. The advertisements will have a 3-digit booking code, but a true PIN has a 15-digit booking code. There are currently no PINs that include October. The only active PIN is a room offer for 4/28-8/14/13. Good luck!
Thank you so much! I'll keep my eye out for one. hope for a Resort discount for a possible upgrade.
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #726
Li Li
Mouseketeer

Well, we did it. We bit the bullet and booked a trip to POR - Riverside! Exciting but scary...mostly because we will be there Columbus Day weekend 10/11 to 10/14!

After we made the reservation, I called to see if there were any AAA deals or discounts I could get since we are members, but it was a no go.
Oh well.
Li Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #727
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
No she only put that online on fbook I just asked did it have 15 digits. It doesn't read like the pins I get sent usually either.
If I am remembering correctly, the newer advertisements have the wording (paraphrasing here) "Share this deal with your friends". It may even have a Facebook button to share it directly from the email. That would definitely mean it isn't a PIN because PINs can only be used by the recipient.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #728
jska482
Mouseketeer

In following these boards, I am getting ALOT of great tips and advice. I am attempting to save what's relevant as I plan our trip. Right now, I've been doing screen shots of tips I come across with my iPhone and saving them to a separate folder. But....we're talking about finding that 6 mos from now!!

Anyone have a better suggestion or favorite app? I will say, I don't love the my disney experience app. It might grow on me, but for the planning stage right now it doesn't seem that great.
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #729
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Jska, I don't have a link at the moment, but there was a thread on the trip planning forum that's 300+ pages long that is all about favorite/odd things to pack for the trip. I read the whole thing & now have a full page of items I'm convinced I need to pack that I would not have normally thought of. not sure if that's good or bad though. I also like to peruse Pinterest for Disney articles & craft ideas - found a lot of unique stuff there also. But as for strictly Disney apps, this one is the only one I use. I'm planning on downloading tour guides & ride wait time apps closer to my trip though, probably from the unofficial guide folks.
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #730
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:

If I am remembering correctly, the newer advertisements have the wording (paraphrasing here) "Share this deal with your friends". It may even have a Facebook button to share it directly from the email. That would definitely mean it isn't a PIN because PINs can only be used by the recipient.
Yes, I get pins much (hope when I want one I get it). I didn't say she shared an ad. She didn't share it directly she copied the email print out (copy/paste) I've asked her but she hasn't wrote back yet. I will let you know.

Last edited by LauraJean; 04-24-2013 at 08:17 AM.
LauraJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #731
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

So if our trip isn't paid off by June, our package price will go up?? Even though I've already made my reservation??
The next round of Free Dining dates for September have been leaked on the Codes and Rates Board, hopefully October - December won't be too far behind :-)

Release Date: May 9
FD Promo Dates: September 2 - September 25, 2013
Quick Service DDP for value resorts
Regular/Basic DDP for Mods and Deluxe Resorts
3 night minimum/14 night maximum booking
Your check in dare must fall within the promo dates to have the discount applied to your package reservation

Last edited by TheDisney411; 04-24-2013 at 12:38 PM.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #732
Liza111577
Becoming a DISney addict!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
The next round of Free Dining dates for September have been leaked on the Codes and Rates Board, hopefully October - December won't be too far behind :-)

Release Date: May 9, for Disney Visa holders
Your check in dare must fall within the promo dates to have the discount applied to your package reservation
Yay! That is great news!! I really didn't think FD was going to be an option this year!
Hopefully they will release it BEFORE the ticket increase!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #733
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
In following these boards, I am getting ALOT of great tips and advice. I am attempting to save what's relevant as I plan our trip. Right now, I've been doing screen shots of tips I come across with my iPhone and saving them to a separate folder. But....we're talking about finding that 6 mos from now!!

Anyone have a better suggestion or favorite app? I will say, I don't love the my disney experience app. It might grow on me, but for the planning stage right now it doesn't seem that great.
I have an ongoing NOTES page for my trips. I just add to it as I need. The best thing about that is I can email my NOTES page to myself or whoever is traveling with me.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #734
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post

What about Pinterest? There are a lot of great Disney boards on Pinterest to follow, and I even see a pin button on DIS posts.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #735
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

Release Date: May 9
I saw that!! Now I'm more hopeful for October FD!! It's a move in the right direction. But my only concern is...we are staying at POFQ which is a moderate and we have the QSDP. With this promo, you have to be staying at a value with QSDP to get it free right?? Would I still be able to get QSDP free staying at a moderate instead of a value, do you think?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: