Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #781
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
Does anyone know if mr.rebates gives 3% back for disney GCs? It says no cash back on GCs but are these "entertainment cards?"
Thanks!
If you are buying them directly from Disney (through Mr.R) then they would be considered GCs.

You can purchase them at Target through Mr.R and get 3% back. I dont know what their terms & cond. are but I know at Target they are considered entertainment cards.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #782
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post

If you are buying them directly from Disney (through Mr.R) then they would be considered GCs.

You can purchase them at Target through Mr.R and get 3% back. I dont know what their terms & cond. are but I know at Target they are considered entertainment cards.
Thank you!
lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #783
maulers40
Earning My Ears

Target Disney GC through the ShopDiscover

I don't have a Target store close by but I see I can shop Target online going through the ShopDiscover and get 5% cashback, but it excludes Target Gift cards. I was wondering if this included buying Disney gift cards? I saw in another post that Target codes them as entrainment cards?
maulers40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #784
xmansmom13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia_girl View Post
Can anyone tell me how much you save by buying a Disney gift card at Costco? Is it the same nationwide? I live 100+ miles from the nearest one, but a friend is a member and willing to purchase cards for me. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the effort for her to do that.

Locally I can buy them at Sams $48.88 for a $50 card. Is the Costco savings better? We do not have Albertsons, Target, Shop/Save, BJs or any of the other large chains I've seen mentioned here--one of the 'perks' to rural living!

We also use a local grocery store pharmacy (HyVee) which offers no perks except gas rewards. Wondering if I should switch to CVS, Walgreens or Sams for meds.
The Sam's club by me it was about $46.50 for a $50 GC.
xmansmom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #785
mkymouse40
Mouseketeer

Groupon Target Cards

How do you find the Target Gift Cards for sale on Groupon? I couldn't figure out where they were.

Thank you

Nancy

mkymouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #786
DisMomme
Waiting to go to my WDW home again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse40 View Post
How do you find the Target Gift Cards for sale on Groupon? I couldn't figure out where they were.

Thank you
That Groupon deal has expired. I found it by googling the offer and following the links to Groupon. The article says it was a campaign to increase use of the groupon mobile app.

The opportunity to pair Groupon's reach and platform with a great offer from a company like Target is an easy decision.
Mobile incentives. On June 27, Groupon sent out an email blast with the subject line: $5 for a $10 Target Mobile Gift Card. The email enticed consumers to download its mobile app, sign-in to their Groupon account and tap the featured tab and then purchase the deal.
From there, consumers are able to redeem it at the point-of-sale. When users clicked on the email, they were taken to a mobile landing page that further promoted the effort, as well as included the link to Apple's App Store. Consumers who already have Groupon's mobile app can simply open it to access the Target deal.

Last edited by DisMomme; 07-04-2013 at 05:19 AM. Reason: formatting
DisMomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #787
Narnia_girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmansmom13 View Post
Can you tell me what part of the country you are? thanks

Narnia_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #788
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia_girl View Post

Can you tell me what part of the country you are? thanks
I'm interested in this. At SAMs club did they say there was a sale or was the price tag marked down? At our local SAMs the price says $50 so not sure if the discount is at the register?
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #789
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmansmom13

WOW, that's 7% off! I have never seen them that cheap at my Sams.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #790
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Just to let everyone know, we paid for most of our Disney Hilton Head trip with Disney gift cards I bought from Target using my RedCard for 5% discount. I ordered them all online through MyPoints and when I checked the MyPoints balance today they gave me 2 points per dollar for buying gift cards.

You can only order $500 at a time online though, and some days they would have them and some days they wouldn't, but they usually restock within a day or two.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #791
maria's_mommy
Earning My Ears

ABC Gift Cards has an extra 6% off Walgreens gift cards (already 5% off) with code SAVE6A. It seems to vary store to store but as long as I don't point out I am buying a Disney gift card with the Walgreens gift card and just swipe it to pay I don't have a problem at my store exchanging it for Disney.
maria's_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #792
CherylA
DIS Veteran

I can't see where you can buy Disney cards through Target online. Am I looking in the wrong place or are they just not available right now. The one I see says not available online.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #793
angierae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylA View Post
I can't see where you can buy Disney cards through Target online. Am I looking in the wrong place or are they just not available right now. The one I see says not available online.
People have said this week they're out of stock online right now.

10-2013 - Pop Century / 4-2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 5-2010 - Pop Century
angierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #794
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierae View Post
People have said this week they're out of stock online right now.
Oh okay, thanks. I can buy them through ebates at Target and get another 2% back. When they are back in stock I'll try it and see if the 2% credit comes through.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #795
csmommy
DIS Veteran
Believes that every time you hear or see the word Disney a Tag Fairy gets their wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylA View Post
Oh okay, thanks. I can buy them through ebates at Target and get another 2% back. When they are back in stock I'll try it and see if the 2% credit comes through.
From the Target Website:

Special Conditions for Target
Exclusions: Cash back is not available on Gift Cards, Personal Care Products (Groomers, Trimmers, Toothbrushes, Shavers, Mouth guards & Oral Care), Baby Care Products (Baby Toiletries, Diapers, Wipes, Formula & Food), Grocery/ Essentials, Household Products and bulk purchases; particularly purchases made for the purpose of resale or return.

So you might not get the 2%, unless that exclusion is only for Target GC's.

2013 ~ 7/28-8/6 split BCV & VWL
2012 ~ 5/24 - 5/28 BWV DS 17th
2011 ~ 8/9-8/17 AKVJH & BLT
2010 ~ 8/7-14 WWOPP
2009 ~ 8/13-22 split AKVK & BCV
2007 ~ split OKW & BW
2005 ~ split AKLJH & Swan
2000 ~ POFQ
1992 ~ POFQ ~ no kids yet
1990 ~ off site
csmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread