Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #631
Princess Steph
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ View Post
Thanks again for this suggestion.
I used the McCormick & Schmick's gift cards from Costco at Yak & Yeti today. I also used my DVC discount. No problems.
Awesome! Thanks for posting. I just bought the $100 for $79.99, arrived in the mail last week. Now I know I can use it there!
Princess Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #632
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ View Post
Thanks again for this suggestion.
I used the McCormick & Schmick's gift cards from Costco at Yak & Yeti today. I also used my DVC discount. No problems.
Just curious, do you think this can be used at the quick service Yak and Yeti?

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #633
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
I only saw the Starbucks one listed. Could they have sold out of the Disney one already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkum View Post
I think they were sold out within hours. Double check though. Maybe stock will be added.
Bookmark this to check:

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...ard|US|DMRLIST
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #634
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Throughout this thread, many have inquired about consolidating your smaller Disney Gift Cards into larger amounts. I wanted to let the DIS know that indeed you can still do this by calling the number on the back on the gift card.

My Mom bought 20 $50 gift cards for $38 each with her RedCard from Target during one of their annual December weekend sales, paying $760 total. This is her report after I advised her to call during weekday business hours:

Quote:
Called today about combining the money on my gift cards. Got a nice guy named Joey. He said to copy the back of the card and the receipt from the purchase and to FAX it to him. Luckily we still had both cards and receipts. The limit was $1000. So I did that much.
She scanned in her gift cards and her receipts and emailed the images to him. Joey called her personally today to tell her it worked. She called the automated line today and indeed she had $1000 on one gift card. One reason this was important for us is that we get a 10% discount on tickets if you order on the Disney corporate partner website, which now has a 1 Gift Card limit, so we are glad to get to use the gift cards on the tickets.

Hope this helps. This is yet another reason to SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS when buying Disney Gift Cards, and don't throw them away until the Gift Card value is $0 with no chance at a refund.

Last edited by ValpoCory; 05-14-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #635
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Just curious, do you think this can be used at the quick service Yak and Yeti?
That's a good question. Hopefully someone will try it and report back.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #636
luckygirl539
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Throughout this thread, many have inquired about consolidating your smaller Disney Gift Cards into larger amounts. I wanted to let the DIS know that indeed you can still do this.

My Mom bought 20 $50 gift cards for $38 each with her RedCard from Target during one of their annual December weekend sales, paying $760 total. Her report after I advised her to call during weekday business hours:

She scanned in her gift cards and her receipts and emailed the images to him. Joey called her personally today to tell her it worked. She called the automated line today and indeed she had $1000 on one gift card. One reason this was important for us is that we get a 10% discount on tickets if you order on the Disney corporate partner website, which now has a 1 Gift Card limit, so we are glad to get to use the gift cards on the tickets.

Hope this helps. This is yet another reason to SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS when buying Disney Gift Cards, and don't throw them away until the Gift Card value is $0 with no chance at a refund.
Who did she call to do this?
luckygirl539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #637
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl539 View Post
Who did she call to do this?
The phone number on the back of the gift card. I will edit my post to add that in. Thank you.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:10 AM   #638
MMCD
Mouseketeer

subscribing
MMCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #639
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Has anyone successfully redeemed Target gift cards for Disney GC's lately? I have some MyPoints points to redeem, and trying to figure out what card to get with them. Walgreen's wouldn't let me do it before, so that is out. I can also get a Prepaid Visa, but that is more points, so if I can use the Target card for it, that would be ideal.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #640
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Has anyone successfully redeemed Target gift cards for Disney GC's lately? I have some MyPoints points to redeem, and trying to figure out what card to get with them. Walgreen's wouldn't let me do it before, so that is out. I can also get a Prepaid Visa, but that is more points, so if I can use the Target card for it, that would be ideal.
In December, you got a $10 Target Gift Card with every $50 Disney "Entertainment" Card purchase. You could then turn around and buy a second $50 Disney card for $40 and the $10 Target Gift Card ($38 if you used a Target RedCard). You could also do 5 transactions at once, get 5 Target Gift Cards, and then pay for the next Disney card with those 5 Target Gift Cards and no additional cash. So in December you were able to use Target Gift Cards to buy Disney cards.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #641
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

For those of you who are near Giant Eagle stores, they are offering double fuel perks May 16 - 29th on everything in the store including gift cards. If you get the full 30 gallons when you redeem them that equals a 12% savings on the gift cards.

I love getting gift cards during these times, because my Amex gives me 3x rewards for purchases at grocery stores so that equals a 15% savings on the gift cards
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014

Last edited by HayGan; 05-15-2013 at 10:01 AM.
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #642
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
In December, you got a $10 Target Gift Card with every $50 Disney "Entertainment" Card purchase. You could then turn around and buy a second $50 Disney card for $40 and the $10 Target Gift Card ($38 if you used a Target RedCard). You could also do 5 transactions at once, get 5 Target Gift Cards, and then pay for the next Disney card with those 5 Target Gift Cards and no additional cash. So in December you were able to use Target Gift Cards to buy Disney cards.
Cool! Thanks!
Crossing my fingers it works! If not, I buy plenty at Target anyway, so....
Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #643
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

With Father's Day coming up, I am patiently (sort of) waiting to see if any gift card deals come out for my local grocery store. We'll see!! I know for Mother's Day it was a bust.
purpledisneyprncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #644
pilesoflaundry
it doesn't get scratched as often as I like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Steph View Post
Awesome! Thanks for posting. I just bought the $100 for $79.99, arrived in the mail last week. Now I know I can use it there!
Thank you for bumping this and the OP who mentioned it. I never would have made the connection because I didn't know Landry's bought them out. (they bought a lot of people in the last 2 years, they own Bubba Gumps now too) I'm going to be ordering these from costco and they have ghiradelli ones too for the same discount.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a soldier in combat boots.

WDW June 2008, 2009x2 June and Sept., Sept. 2011
DL and DCA June 2013
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #645
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Is this a week-long promo or even longer? Is it every year?!
lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: