Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #466
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherene View Post
OK everyone I called the number for credit services today and told them what happened and they told me to go back to the store and try it again. They instructed me to call them if there were any problems. I went and purchased $500 worth with no problem Strange why today and not yesterday. I can't believe these employee's would tell me that and one was even a manager. I will have to go back a couple times because it wouldn't allow me to purchase more cards after that purchase. I wish I was near a HEB .
Thank goodness! You gave me a scare

Me Dh Dd 6 Ds5 (he made me pick this avatar!)

My Disneyland Trip Report
zeferjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #467
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherene View Post
OK everyone I called the number for credit services today and told them what happened and they told me to go back to the store and try it again. They instructed me to call them if there were any problems. I went and purchased $500 worth with no problem Strange why today and not yesterday. I can't believe these employee's would tell me that and one was even a manager. I will have to go back a couple times because it wouldn't allow me to purchase more cards after that purchase. I wish I was near a HEB .
Glad it was just a fluke.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #468
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

I posted this is the H-E-B thread, but I thought it deserved a repost here just in case some only see this thread. You only have until midnight Tuesday night to try this.

I figured out a way to turn this 16.7% Disney Gift Card discount into a 20% discount. If you happened to take advantage of the HEB Cyber Monday $5 off $50 deal (it may still be available), you can print off as many copies of it as you want. And this coupon is stackable with the H-E-B coupons.

So I bought a $100 Disney Gift Card, used the coupon for $15 off, and then used the Cyber Monday print out email barcode for $5 more off. I paid $80, so 20% off. I repeated that a few times.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #469
Angie789
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I got my debit card in September and immediately after I got it, I purchased my new camera, which was $300. I also did a little additional shopping. If there is a limit, I have no idea what it is, but mine definitely wasn't $150. Perhaps it varies by individual based on what your bank account looks like at the time you apply.
A while back, a Target employee posted a chart on here about the limits on the cards - that is where I got the $150 figure as the starting limit (and my memory is fuzzy on that - it might have been more but it wasn't much more. Again, IIRC, that was the limit for the temp card which is what it sounded like the OP had - she had just opened the account). But based on what others have posted here, it sounds like that has changed. Not an issue to me since we aren't fans of staying on-site at Disney so I am never trying to purchase enough to pay for an entire package. But I'm glad it's easier for others.

Last edited by Angie789; 12-04-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Angie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 AM   #470
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
I posted this is the H-E-B thread, but I thought it deserved a repost here just in case some only see this thread. You only have until midnight Tuesday night to try this.

I figured out a way to turn this 16.7% Disney Gift Card discount into a 20% discount. If you happened to take advantage of the HEB Cyber Monday $5 off $50 deal (it may still be available), you can print off as many copies of it as you want. And this coupon is stackable with the H-E-B coupons.

So I bought a $100 Disney Gift Card, used the coupon for $15 off, and then used the Cyber Monday print out email barcode for $5 more off. I paid $80, so 20% off. I repeated that a few times.
The Facebook promo isn't valid on gift cards.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:30 AM   #471
Echo queen

Quote:

Thanks for this info but the it says excludes gift card purchases, so they will accept it anyway?. Headed back today hope it works.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:09 AM   #472
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz

The Facebook promo isn't valid on gift cards.

Bill
Wonder if that just means HEB and Amex/Visa gift cards are excluded?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #473
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ View Post
Wonder if that just means HEB and Amex/Visa gift cards are excluded?
Yep. That's what that means. It works on Disney "entertainment" cards. Plus, you don't technically have to use a Mastercard to make the purchase.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #474
Echo queen

Quote:
Yep. That's what that means. It works on Disney "entertainment" cards. Plus, you don't technically have to use a Mastercard to make the purchase.
Really you don't have to use MasterCard?? I checked my wallet and I don't have a MasterCard in it right now and I'm at work. so I can use a Visa??? If so

Old 12-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #475
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Really you don't have to use MasterCard?? I checked my wallet and I don't have a MasterCard in it right now and I'm at work. so I can use a Visa??? If so
That's right. Once the Bar Code on the offer is scanned, it just takes $5 off your total. You can use any payment method. I used my Disney Visa to essentially get 21% off Disney through this deal.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #476
Echo queen

Quote:
That's right. Once the Bar Code on the offer is scanned, it just takes $5 off your total. You can use any payment method. I used my Disney Visa to essentially get 21% off Disney through this deal.
That's great headind over at lunch.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #477
w84no1
Mouseketeer

$10 Target Gift Card with $50 purchase

You can print out 2

http://coupons.target.com/friends-and-fans-coupons

w84no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #478
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by w84no1
I printed these this morning and will be interested to see if hey work on Dis GC's. fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #479
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I printed these this morning and will be interested to see if hey work on Dis GC's. fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
yup! Just got back from my target and they didn't even bat an eye!

phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:51 AM   #480
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by w84no1 View Post
Thanks so much - this is terrific! We will definitely be heading over the border on Saturday!
AKL-Oct'13:F&W & MNSSHP redo!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: