Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #346
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinlynn View Post
FYI: I received this in mail: http://savinggreeninthebay.com/new-t...-card-holders/ and was able to use the 5% coupon and my 5% redcard discount on Disney cards. I bougth $1,000 in gift cards for $902.50. No issues at all!

I also had a $5 of $50 target coupon that I received in the mail a couple of weeks ago and I was able to apply that to a $50 disney card.
I also got this about 2 weeks ago. Glad to hear it worked. I have to check my store for gift certificated and pick up $500 or so worth. This trip we are staying at the Swan but I will still use the gift cards for meals and a ticket upgrade I need to do. I have to buy $1200 dollars worth of tickets too but I think it may make more sense to get them from a 3rd party for a slightly discounted rate than getting them directly from Disney to use the gift cards. That would be over $1500 in gift cards. I would be nervous they would give me a hard time for that much.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #347
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylA View Post
That would be over $1500 in gift cards. I would be nervous they would give me a hard time for that much.
With target, you have to build up to that amount. There was a chart someone posted a while back about how many transactions bumps you up to what amount. For a while, I could only buy $300 in any transaction, it takes a while to build up. It's NOT linked to how much money you have in your account.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #348
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimilady View Post
With target, you have to build up to that amount. There was a chart someone posted a while back about how many transactions bumps you up to what amount. For a while, I could only buy $300 in any transaction, it takes a while to build up. It's NOT linked to how much money you have in your account.
I assume you mean for the debit card? I have a credit card and the limit is over $1500 so I shouldn't have to go through that building up should I?
Old 10-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #349
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

I'm Canadian and I get asked every time when we are OTR at Target to apply for a RedCard. Apparently plenty of Canadians get them, so I know I can get one, unlike many other US credit cards. I think I'm going to apply after reading a few of the posts here - sounds like I could really benefit from it. Just a couple of questions though: Were you able to use it right away, if you applied in store? Do you purchase the gift cards and then apply them to your resort package balance online and/or just use them for purchases while on holiday? How long following applying did you receive the additional coupons? I'm excited about this! TIA for your answers and insights!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!

Last edited by disneydreamgirl; 10-18-2012 at 06:02 PM.
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #350
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

I hope the HEB deal comes up soon.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #351
MrBean
Runnin' Dopey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinlynn
FYI: I received this in mail: http://savinggreeninthebay.com/new-t...-card-holders/ and was able to use the 5% coupon and my 5% redcard discount on Disney cards. I bougth $1,000 in gift cards for $902.50. No issues at all
Just got this in the mail the other day too. Glad to hear it works for the Disney GCs! Time to go buy out the Target again!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
MrBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #352
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen
What's the HEB deal? I looked back and couldn't find any info about it.
Thanks!
Kerri

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:56 AM   #353
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
I was there about an hour ago and asked the night manager about it. She said what we all know ... that some sort of deal usually comes in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpee View Post
What's the HEB deal? I looked back and couldn't find any info about it.
Thanks!
Kerri
At a minimum, I'm hoping they bring back the 15% off Disney Gift Cards deal. That was live in May 2012 and again in July 2012. To hedge my bets, just in case this deal did not return, I bought $400 of Disney Gift Cards for $340.

But I really hope they bring back the December 2010 33.3% off Disney Gift Cards deal. I bought $1200 in Disney Gift Cards that week, in advance of my January 2011 WDW trip, and got $400 back. Turns out I would have used $1800, so I missed out on another free $200 due to a conservative estimate of my wife's, errr I mean my family's, spending.

My family and I are going to DLR in January 2013 (99 days!), so I am watching H-E-B like a hawk for any deal 15% or greater.

Also, they have had a 10% off Disney Gift Card deal.

Last edited by ValpoCory; 10-19-2012 at 02:06 AM.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #354
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Post if you see it! We don't have HEB's here but my best friends live in HEB Country.

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:55 AM   #355
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamgirl
I'm Canadian and I get asked every time when we are OTR at Target to apply for a RedCard. Apparently plenty of Canadians get them, so I know I can get one, unlike many other US credit cards. I think I'm going to apply after reading a few of the posts here - sounds like I could really benefit from it. Just a couple of questions though: Were you able to use it right away, if you applied in store? Do you purchase the gift cards and then apply them to your resort package balance online and/or just use them for purchases while on holiday? How long following applying did you receive the additional coupons? I'm excited about this! TIA for your answers and insights!
If you are approved, you may use it right away. You could use the cards in either manner, there are people who do both. The coupon posted about was sent to existing Redcard/Pharmacy Rewards members. I don't think it is likely that they would do another mailing of the same coupon.

Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #356
flyingcat2003
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Okay, here's a question for the experts. If I have a gift card for the Disney Store, can I go in and buy a Disney gift card for the parks using the Disney Store gift card? Make sense?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #357
KJSJpipe
Mouseketeer

You can not buy a Disney Gift Card with a Disney Gift Card.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #358
sandyw1965
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2003
Okay, here's a question for the experts. If I have a gift card for the Disney Store, can I go in and buy a Disney gift card for the parks using the Disney Store gift card? Make sense?
It will state on the back of the gift card that you cannot purchase gift cards or Disney dollars with a gift card.
sandyw1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #359
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

HEB gift card deal

Buy $100 in any combination of gift cards and get a $25 coupon to use as soon as they give it to you. Buy another $100 in gc use the coupon and pay $75 for the those, this will produce another $25 coupon. You can continue to do this process (going in and out of line) until you have the amount you need.

The thing about this deal is it is not advertised and the store employees no nothing about it. Someone will post here on the dis when it's on. I have managed to catch it 3 times, the last in July. Every time from a post here on the dis board.

Last edited by Echo queen; 10-20-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #360
gr8tdame
Enchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen
Buy $100 in any combination of gift cards and get a $25 coupon to use as soon as they give it to you. Buy another $100 in gc use the coupon and pay $75 for the those, this will produce another $25 coupon. You can continue to do this process (going in and out of line) until you have the amount you need.

The thing about this deal is it is not advertised and the store employees no nothing about it. Someone will post here on the dis when it's on. I have managed to catch it 3 times, the last in July. Every time from a post here on the dis board.
I posted the last HEB deal in July. It was $15 coupon on each $100. Every time I go to HEB I check as it's rarely advertised. I also keep checking the boards. I bought $3000 in DC in July ... Saved $450 need about $1000 more to pay for our Jan trip. I also bought some Amazon cards. Should have bought some iTunes as well.
If I find any deals I will be sure to post.
Nov1-15 2014 CBR, Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: