Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #331
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN View Post
Are you sure? I get $1 for every two at the end of each season.
Probably different. That's for items you buy in the store other than prescriptions. I get a couple of bucks every quarter myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #332
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie

My BJ's sells $25 GCs for $23.99. That's only 4% off. I'm also a rewards member so I get an extra 2% back in a BJ's GC, which can be used to buy more GCs (if my kids hadn't lost the last one, but I'm sure I'll find it somewhere). I just noticed that they had them last week, so I don't know if they sell them in denominations other than $25.
I was just looking the BJ's reward membership page and it says that gift cards are excluded from the rewards. Do you think that is just for BJ's GC's? I have a rewards membership and would love to get the extra 2% back! I think I'll call member services and try to get an answer.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #333
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I was just looking the BJ's reward membership page and it says that gift cards are excluded from the rewards. Do you think that is just for BJ's GC's? I have a rewards membership and would love to get the extra 2% back! I think I'll call member services and try to get an answer.

I had forgotten the no gift cards thing. I don't know if that means just BJs cards (I can see why they wouldn't allow that) or if it's all GCs. I'll check my receipt, if I can find it, to see if I got the rewards for the one I bought earlier this week.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #334
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I had forgotten the no gift cards thing. I don't know if that means just BJs cards (I can see why they wouldn't allow that) or if it's all GCs. I'll check my receipt, if I can find it, to see if I got the rewards for the one I bought earlier this week.
I would truly appreciate you checking the receipt, as the person I spoke to didn't seem to understand what I was asking

My Trip Reports:

Old 10-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #335
lucifie
DIS Veteran

I totally forgot that the receipt doesn't show what your rewards are for that trip. It only shows the total so far and it doesn't update until the end of the day, so my next receipt should show how much I've earned. I think there's supposed to be a way to look it up online, but I haven't figured that out yet.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #336
lucifie
DIS Veteran

OK... I found it. I still don't have a definite answer, but it looks like I did get the rewards for the GC. My last trip I bought a $50 GC (I thought I bought a $25 GC and thought it seemed like I spent a lot. LOL) for $47.99. I spent a total of $86.76 before tax (I'm pretty sure you don't get rewards on tax). 2% of that would be $1.74. The receipt said that as of that date I had earned $16 (rounded to the nearest dollar). When I went online it says to date I've earned $17.75. Without the GC I spent $38.77. 2% of that would be $.78. The most I could have earned for them to round down to $16 would be $16.49 (that's an assumption, but I think it's a pretty safe one) and if you add $.78 to that, I would only have $17.27
Old 10-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #337
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK... I found it. I still don't have a definite answer, but it looks like I did get the rewards for the GC. My last trip I bought a $50 GC (I thought I bought a $25 GC and thought it seemed like I spent a lot. LOL) for $47.99. I spent a total of $86.76 before tax (I'm pretty sure you don't get rewards on tax). 2% of that would be $1.74. The receipt said that as of that date I had earned $16 (rounded to the nearest dollar). When I went online it says to date I've earned $17.75. Without the GC I spent $38.77. 2% of that would be $.78. The most I could have earned for them to round down to $16 would be $16.49 (that's an assumption, but I think it's a pretty safe one) and if you add $.78 to that, I would only have $17.27
Thank you so much!!! I truly appreciate you doing that for me!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 10-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #338
princessmomma92
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenskaishockey
Sams club has $75 cards for around $74 and they include a yellow level pin
What is a yellow level pin?
princessmomma92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #339
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmomma92

What is a yellow level pin?
It's a price point for the pins.

Green - $6.95
Red - $8.95
Blue - $10.95
Yellow - $12.95
Pink - $14.95
Lavender - $16.95

Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #340
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I checked one of my local BJ's and no Disney gift cards I will check the other one on Tuesday, and keep my fingers crossed.

My Trip Reports:

Old 10-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #341
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
OK... It turns out I was wrong. On the receipt they don't round to the nearest dollar. I had $17.75 in rewards after my last visit, but when I went yesterday my receipt said I had $17 in rewards. I spent $71.84 before tax, including a $25 GC for $23.99 and today I had $18.71 in rewards, which is exactly what it would be if I didn't get the rewards for the GC.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #342
red712371
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to tell you all thank you very much! I used my RX 5% card last night at two different Targets to get my discount on the gift cards. One had $50 cards and the other one had $25 cards. I bought a ton at each and neither cashier batted an eye. It took a long time to check out, but they were both so patient. Once I was done, they asked why I was doing it and I told them why and they were so excited for me. We started entering the cards last night to pay for vacation and it was so much fun seeing the balance go down a little at a time. I felt so good after buying the gift cards and my husband was so excited too.

Thank you everyone!!!!!! I would have never known about this if it weren't for you.
red712371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #343
kristinlynn
Mouseketeer

FYI: I received this in mail: http://savinggreeninthebay.com/new-t...-card-holders/ and was able to use the 5% coupon and my 5% redcard discount on Disney cards. I bougth $1,000 in gift cards for $902.50. No issues at all!

I also had a $5 of $50 target coupon that I received in the mail a couple of weeks ago and I was able to apply that to a $50 disney card.
kristinlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #344
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinlynn View Post
FYI: I received this in mail: http://savinggreeninthebay.com/new-t...-card-holders/ and was able to use the 5% coupon and my 5% redcard discount on Disney cards. I bougth $1,000 in gift cards for $902.50. No issues at all!

I also had a $5 of $50 target coupon that I received in the mail a couple of weeks ago and I was able to apply that to a $50 disney card.
When did you get the coupons? I would love to get a deal like this! I just bought my Disney cards last night though. It would be kind of funny if I got the coupon! (funny and sad...) Although, I could use a few more GC for tips on our free dining, I think you can put tips on the GC, right?
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #345
kristinlynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
When did you get the coupons? I would love to get a deal like this! I just bought my Disney cards last night though. It would be kind of funny if I got the coupon! (funny and sad...) Although, I could use a few more GC for tips on our free dining, I think you can put tips on the GC, right?
I received the $5 coupon a week or two ago. I think it was inside a flyer about the prescription program. There were several other health related coupons.

I received the 5% coupon on Tuesday.
kristinlynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: