Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #16
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Hi and welcome!!! We're using the same wedding colors! Take a look at the Whitehall Patio if you're not completely sold on LSS for your reception. It's an enclosed, covered, outdoor space at the Grand Floridian. Because it's not in the building, it doesn't have that same Victorian feel to it that the interior does.

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
Crofttobe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
I am using Beaute in just a few days as our wedding is so close now. I wanted to toss in Reverend Teresa Knox wife of Rev. Kevin Knox. The ceremony planning kit they send you is PHENOMENAL! Not only that but they like to hear from you as many times as you email them or as many times as you want to call them!!! I am so excited to have her! I highly recommend getting in contact with them. I switched from Rev. Tim Herring to them and we chose Teresa Knox to do our ceremony.

Teresa
Teresa Thank you so much for input, I will look into Teresa Knox as well! (Congratulations on your Wedding btw, can't wait for pictures, everything looks beautiful right now!)

WJ:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2941365
Crofttobe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
Crofttobe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
Yes there is a GF DVC being built, and while it is an eyesore currently, come December hopefully the structure will be up and the construction will be inside. I haven't heard anyone complain about it affecting their stay at the GF, for what its worth

I think for a RD it depends what you're going for and what you want to spend. You can make a normal dining reservation for up to 30 people through the reservations ph #. We had ours at 'Ohana in the Poly because we wanted a really atmosphere and of course we love the food! It was a big hit! It was about $35 for food and we picked up the bar tab as well (my in-laws did).

Having an RD in the park is definitely a unique experience that would go through disney catering unless you booked a reservation at a restaurant there. I would be nervous to plan anything outside in December, only because the decision of temperature isn't up to you, once it drops to a certain temp they move you inside (this happened to Ashley last December, she had a welcome party and DP planned for Italy Isola I believe and it was too cold to they moved it inside to LSS). Hers was still amazing looking, just be aware of all the possibilities

Were you looking for a ballroom or something different for your reception? We had 75 people and had our reception in the BW ballrooms and we really enjoyed it, we were trying to keep everybody in one contained area so it really worked for us.
Tric8783-
Love all your advice, hope you stick with me until the end! lol We have decided to keep the Living Seas Salon as a reception. After a long chat with Michelle, she helped me envision different ways we could incorporate our colors into the reception area. The Living Seas was always my number 1 choice because it was in a Disney Resort, and my fiance and I got engaged in Hawaii (and we went on a snorkeling trip the next morning) the fish, turtles, and the tank in general pulled in me in for that reason! I'll post pictures later on what I'm thinking for the reception decor. Also, if you have any recommendations on how to incorporate white, black, (red flowers), and grey; I would love the advice! We are going for a romantic/intimate feel!

For rehearsal dinner, I think we're going to stay away from the Parks- and look at things like the California Grill, Ohana, or other resorts as well. Ohana looks so fun!! What would you recommend in terms of food?!

(On a sidenote, I was finally able to go through your entire WJ. ANd i have to say that you looked stunning, and everything turned out beautifully! You did an amazing job planning, and everything looked impeccable. I love your bouquet (will definitely be inspiration for mine )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirlLost View Post
Hi and welcome!!! We're using the same wedding colors! Take a look at the Whitehall Patio if you're not completely sold on LSS for your reception. It's an enclosed, covered, outdoor space at the Grand Floridian. Because it's not in the building, it doesn't have that same Victorian feel to it that the interior does.
Thank you so much for the help! We're going to keep LSS as the reception venue, Michelle was a huge help! However, I looked at your Wedding Journal and it SO helpful!! Especially because my wedding will be pretty similar to yours! The BEO was extremely helpful, and I wanted to ask you about how you decided on the flower packages. Also, we're looking at food- and I noticed you customized your buffet, and was wondering how that is done or who I can contact? Also any other food rrecommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ladies!!!!

WJ:

Last edited by Crofttobe; 06-13-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #19
kagsinbotley
Earning My Ears

YAY!!! another LSS bride, looking forward to following your plans x

kagsinbotley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #20
woofiejd
Earning My Ears

We"re getting married a week before you at WP with reception at the California Grill. I cannot say enough good things about the California Grill and if you can have your Rehearsal Dinner there you should. The food is tremendous, the service is always wonderful and you can go out ont the balconies and see Wishes.
Welcome to the boards and Congratulations.
woofiejd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #21
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Congratulations. Love the pics. Look forward to reading more.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #22
JP2013
Earning My Ears

Congrats!! I'm loving the updates! The pictures are lovely, keep us posted!
JP2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #23
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Yay for choosing to stay with LSS, it sounds like that definitely ties to you more! I would likely go with white or black solid linens and add candlelight with red touches ( maybe red votives) to make it pop. We also used light grey napkins to add in grey. Our ballroom had bright fuchsia carpet and we used light grey and pink etc, with how dark the room was no one noticed the carpet etc. I think with the right darkness, candles and lighting it will be beautiful!

Ohana is a preset menu and all you can eat, chicken, steak, pork and shrimp then Asian noodles, dumplings, chicken wings salad etc. everyone raved about it! It was definitely more laid back and "fun". I think CA grill is a completely different vibe, a little more formal and upscale feeling. Just depends what you are going for . We really wanted our wedding party to let loose and have fun so Ohana was an easy choice for us. There are a lot of great restaurants at Disney for really anything you could think of .

Thanks so much for the comments on my wedding!!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #24
YouLoveJulianne
Mouseketeer

Just catching up.. happy to see another LSS bride on the boards! I love the pictures in your first post... you are beautiful! Looking forward to hearing more!

Currently planning the wedding of my dreams, to the man of my dreams, at the place where dreams come true!
Julianne

Our Wishes DFTW Planning Journal
Our Wedding Website

Twitter Instagram Pinterest
YouLoveJulianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #25
Crofttobe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagsinbotley View Post
YAY!!! another LSS bride, looking forward to following your plans x
Thanks, loved all your posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofiejd View Post
We"re getting married a week before you at WP with reception at the California Grill. I cannot say enough good things about the California Grill and if you can have your Rehearsal Dinner there you should. The food is tremendous, the service is always wonderful and you can go out ont the balconies and see Wishes.
Welcome to the boards and Congratulations.
Thank you so much And a very big congratulations to you too!! I'm so excited to see another bride getting married in December Can't wait for updates! We are definitely looking into the California Grill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Congratulations. Love the pics. Look forward to reading more.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP2013 View Post
Congrats!! I'm loving the updates! The pictures are lovely, keep us posted!
I will be posting today, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
Yay for choosing to stay with LSS, it sounds like that definitely ties to you more! I would likely go with white or black solid linens and add candlelight with red touches ( maybe red votives) to make it pop. We also used light grey napkins to add in grey. Our ballroom had bright fuchsia carpet and we used light grey and pink etc, with how dark the room was no one noticed the carpet etc. I think with the right darkness, candles and lighting it will be beautiful!

Ohana is a preset menu and all you can eat, chicken, steak, pork and shrimp then Asian noodles, dumplings, chicken wings salad etc. everyone raved about it! It was definitely more laid back and "fun". I think CA grill is a completely different vibe, a little more formal and upscale feeling. Just depends what you are going for . We really wanted our wedding party to let loose and have fun so Ohana was an easy choice for us. There are a lot of great restaurants at Disney for really anything you could think of .

Thanks so much for the comments on my wedding!!
Of course!! Your wedding is absolutely beautiful, and I'm ecstatic that you're helping me with my plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouLoveJulianne View Post
Just catching up.. happy to see another LSS bride on the boards! I love the pictures in your first post... you are beautiful! Looking forward to hearing more!
Aw thank you, it's great to see other LSS brides and their plans as well, so I definitely appreciate the comments

WJ:

Last edited by Crofttobe; 06-19-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #26
Crofttobe
Earning My Ears

This is my Wedding Dress! It's Tara Keely, and my dress fitting is not until September! So bummed I have to wait until then!

This is the bridesmaid dress, it will be in black as shown below, I attached a picture of the dress in a dfferent color so you could see the detailing. I love that the dresses were classy and long, and that the top of their dress matched the top of my dress.

If you add black in, these are the wedding colors. My fiance wants to stick to red like we had decided, so I am trying to convince him on the pale pink, so we shall see! lol

Below is the wedding cake I want, hopefully it's in the budget. The middle layer would match the flowers on my dress.

Ben and I are writing our own vows, so this would be for after the wedding. But I love this idea, and also very nervous to read vows out loud! I speak pretty quietly, and I might be crying too much to get them out haha

Ben and I LOVE modern and contemporary type things. However, we want to keep some of the traditional elements in the wedding as well. We love candles, and would love to have tons of little candles like below. Also I would love to have a small vase with water and a floating candle in it as a center piece. We're trying to incorporate our colors and maybe a little of christmas as well, so we have a lot to planning to go!

Sorry, this seemed like a lot haha. The only thing we really have done for sure is my Wedding dress, the Bridesmaid dresses, the men's tuxes, other than that, we have a lot to go. I'm also trying to decide on shoes, which I never thought would be so hard! haha Sound off below ladies if you have any ideas or thoughts!

WJ:
Old 06-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #27
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Everything looks great!! I think those are the same BM dresses that Michelle (OneSong) had as well in black. She used light pinks with blacks etc, I was in awe of her wedding, you should definitely try to check it out! I bet that dress looks amazing on you!

For the candles, I'm not sure what the rule is in LSS, but for us with the BW we were only allowed to have so many open flames at the BW. Your floral planner will tell you what that amount is I'm sure. We had the cylinder sets with floating candles and then votives along the tables as well, but the amount we had was the max and your inspiration picture has a lot more (gorgeous though!) just a heads up!

Of course I am partial to pink so I love the pink, but I think for December red would be really pretty (the right shade) or even a dark fuschia maybe for winter? If you use red, existing decor will match easier because of the holiday decorations too? Excited for more!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #28
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, your dress is absolutely stunning!!! The detail on the skirt is gorgeous, and I'm sure it'll photograph beautifully. Also loving your colors! I'm partial to soft, classic colors and your choices are very elegant. Congratulations on your engagement, and looking forward to following your plans!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #29
YouLoveJulianne
Mouseketeer

I came SO CLOSE to that being my dress! I LOVE it! congrats!

Currently planning the wedding of my dreams, to the man of my dreams, at the place where dreams come true!
Julianne

Our Wishes DFTW Planning Journal
Our Wedding Website

Twitter Instagram Pinterest
YouLoveJulianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #30
fireofmarajade
8.29.12 MK

Just found your PJ and so far SO pretty! Love your dress!

Listen to tricia and you will be all set!

I am at the LSS as well and had the same mixed feelings about it originally but now can't wait bc the tank is really something we wanted to be able to see our reception venue every time we go to the parks and the ability to see the same stones and things from the other side is great for us. [NOTE they are removing things for me that is removable decorations like the dock stump looking things - if you request nicely]

I think you are doing great on timing for planning bc i started 6 months out for mine and its all coming along nicely even with a bunch of changes so far and more to come as i am 2 months out! eek!!!!

Glad you see you joined our boards and can't wait to hear more!
fireofmarajade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney wedding, disney weddings, disney world, honeymoon, wedding pavilion

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: