Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
aprestwich
Mouseketeer

It pays to call!

If you are waiting on a PIN, call them instead! We just called and got Free Dining for November 1st, 2012 and booked a 14 night Grand Floridian Club Level stay!

This will be our DS0 (not born yet!) 1st trip and we'll be celebrating 100 days in disney in under 5 years, so I figured go big or go home.

Looking forward to this trip already.... now back to work so I can pay for it!

Andrew
November 2013 (7 Days) - Yacht Club then Disney Fantasy 7 Day Western Cruise!
May 2013 (12 Days) - Yacht Club
November 2012 (15 Days) - Port Orleans French Quarter & Art of Animation (Nemo!)
March 2012 (5 Days) - Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2011 (12 Days) - Yacht Club, All Star Sports, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, Contemporary Resort
March 2011 (14 Days) -Port Orleans French Quarter, Coronado Springs Resort, Grand Floridian (Club Level), Vero Beach Resort, Beach Club (Club Level) & Contemporary Resort
December 2010 (8 Days) - Port Orleans French Quarter & Wilderness Lodge Villas
September 2010 (12 Days) - Boardwalk, Coronado Springs & Polyneasian
April 2010 (12 Days) - Saratoga Springs Resort & Wilderness Lodge
January 2010 (2 Days) - Wilderness Lodge
Sept. 2009 (12 Days) - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs Resort & Polynesian
Feb. 2009 (8 Days) - Offsite, Animal Kingdom Lodge & Caribbean Beach plus 7 Days on the Disney Magic

Yes, if you are counting that over 100 days in Walt Disney World in just over 4 years!
aprestwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Congrats! Have a good trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
rainynight
Mouseketeer

That's great!

Question though...did you have a pin attached to your name or did the CM you spoke to just give you free dining? I heard some people say that the CM's will sometimes do that.
rainynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
SevsOnlyGirl
Earning My Ears

I've called once a week and nothing so far. Congrats on your free dining though!!
SevsOnlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
aprestwich
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainynight View Post
That's great!

Question though...did you have a pin attached to your name or did the CM you spoke to just give you free dining? I heard some people say that the CM's will sometimes do that.
Hard to say really, the question was: We want to come on this date, what offers do you have for us? I would guess that we probably had a PIN there or the CM has the discression to make a call on giving out the offer depending on what you want to book.

I will tell you that he said that there were no free dining offers available if we stayed at BC even though there is availability to book the rooms we wanted without FD.

Anyway, he said that November 1st was the latest we could arrive to get the FD offer which I had guessed at based on the comments here (thanks guys!)

Andrew
November 2012 (15 Days) - Port Orleans French Quarter & Art of Animation (Nemo!)
September 2011 (12 Days) - Yacht Club, All Star Sports, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, Contemporary Resort
March 2011 (14 Days) -Port Orleans French Quarter, Coronado Springs Resort, Grand Floridian (Club Level), Vero Beach Resort, Beach Club (Club Level) & Contemporary Resort
Sept. 2009 (12 Days) - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs Resort & Polynesian
Feb. 2009 (8 Days) - Offsite, Animal Kingdom Lodge & Caribbean Beach plus 7 Days on the Disney Magic

Yes, if you are counting that over 100 days in Walt Disney World in just over 4 years!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #6
aprestwich
Mouseketeer

FYI, I just called back to make a couple of changes (Deluxe Dining upgrade!) and asked about the PIN. Indeed there was a PIN there for me for the free dining, but no email had been sent/received. I manage my own email server so I know it's not a junk mail issue.

Andrew

Old 07-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #7
aprestwich
Mouseketeer

Just an update for those waiting on PINs, I booked our trip with Free Dining on June 12th, called to check for a PIN and we had one. Today, I finally got the actual email with the PIN for the dining from Disney, so it took almost a month before I got the email.

Also interesting is that the PIN offer refered to a saved trip that I had before I booked our actual trip over the phone.

Enjoy Free Dining
with the purchase of a non-discounted
4-night/5-day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels!
For arrivals most nights 9/30-10/4/12, 10/19-11/1/12, 11/9-11/15/12, 11/23-11/29/12 & 12/10-12/13/12.

Hope that helps someone waiting!

Andrew

Old 07-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #8
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

I called to make our reservations. I already have received pins, but none of them were for the dates we needed (this was a few months ago). When I told her the price I had seen online she asked me if I would like to save some money, and gave me a pin! About 25-30% off! I hadn't even asked, was really happy. We are traveling with friends, so I told her to call as well, say they are traveling with us and they were able to get the discount as well. They just needed my confirmation number, so I guess we are linked or something.
We did not stay at Disney or last trip, since we did Universal, and this trip was just a one-shot deal before our kids start doing the college trips and whatnot. We missed WDW too much not to go back!

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
ougrad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #9
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprestwich View Post
Just an update for those waiting on PINs, I booked our trip with Free Dining on June 12th, called to check for a PIN and we had one. Today, I finally got the actual email with the PIN for the dining from Disney, so it took almost a month before I got the email.

Also interesting is that the PIN offer refered to a saved trip that I had before I booked our actual trip over the phone.

Enjoy Free Dining
with the purchase of a non-discounted
4-night/5-day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels!
For arrivals most nights 9/30-10/4/12, 10/19-11/1/12, 11/9-11/15/12, 11/23-11/29/12 & 12/10-12/13/12.

Hope that helps someone waiting!

Andrew
Even if you don't have or get a pin, there is a general public offer for free dining coming out on the 12th. Here's the link to the thread on it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951866

I was calling once a week when others were getting the pin code for free dining. I didn't have any pins until mid June and it's only for 10% off our room. When that expired, I called Disney to see if I had another since the CM said it's not unusual to see pin codes back to back. Unfortunately, it's for the same offer and this one expires on July 14th .

So now I'm anxiously waiting for Thursday so I can call our TA and have the free dining code applied to our package. At least I don't have to wait until August like last year!

ETA: Btw, there are black out dates associated with the free dining. In order to receive the discount for your entire stay (max is 14 days) you MUST check in BEFORE the black out date. We're going 11/29-12/8. December 1-9 is blacked out due to Pop Warner week.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #10
maxiv
the guy from overseas

I just booked my 15 day vacation to disney, we're staying at POP, POFQ and AoA. What do I have to do to be eligible for the pin codes and who do I call to check whether I have received one?!

Former Cast Member at EPCOT

Have a look at my gallery from my trip to WDW in summer '05 : KLICK
Comments and ratings will be appreciated

1998 : First trip at age of 11 with my parents@ Boardwalk

2005 : Second trip with my parents, first one for my girlfriend @ Coronado Springs

Aug 2007 - Aug 2008 : Cast Member at the German Pavillion at EPCOT

BOO!
maxiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #11
aprestwich
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiv View Post
I just booked my 15 day vacation to disney, we're staying at POP, POFQ and AoA. What do I have to do to be eligible for the pin codes and who do I call to check whether I have received one?!
Generally they are for returning and usually frequent guests that sign up for an account on the website. Some also say it helps to order the planning DVD, join mailing lists etc. It's somewhat random as to who gets a Free Dining pin vs. room discounts or nothing at all! I'm not sure about offers for guests from overseas, I noticed you are from Germany. The offers for Europe tend to be different. (ie the 14 Day pass you have available, we can only buy 10)

Andrew

Old 08-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #12
Keegansmommy
Mouseketeer

How far in advance do they typically do PINS? We are looking to go next June. Is it too early to call and see if there is anything for us now?

So much fun we're going AGAIN!

1985 - offsite 2004 - All Star Music (honeymoon)
1991 - offsite 2006 - All Star Sports
1998 - offsite 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Pop Century
2010 - Pop Century
2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 - Leaving New Year's Day! Surprise Christmas present for our boys. - Port Orleans French Quarter
Keegansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #13
aprestwich
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegansmommy View Post
How far in advance do they typically do PINS? We are looking to go next June. Is it too early to call and see if there is anything for us now?
Like the title says.... it does pay to call! Usually they are for particular booking windows. I've found that the PINs give you a couple of weeks head start on the general public offers. This is true especially with free dining.

Check out: http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...ort-discounts/

This has historical information on when offers were made to the general public etc. It might give you a general idea of what could be available.

The other thing to try is making sure that you have a disney.com account that you sign into when looking at things. Save vacations for the dates you want them for a couple of days and delete them after a bit. For some reason the delete has triggered offers to me on several occasions.

Good luck!

Andrew

Old 08-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #14
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprestwich View Post
The other thing to try is making sure that you have a disney.com account that you sign into when looking at things. Save vacations for the dates you want them for a couple of days and delete them after a bit. For some reason the delete has triggered offers to me on several occasions.

Good luck!

Andrew
I had no idea! Thanks for that helpful tip! I assumed you had to have a Disney Visa to get PINs (which I will soon). I will definitely try this b/c I'm always checking the site for new specials anyway.
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

What exactly is a PIN?

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

AndreaA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: